Parmalat

Parmalat Employee Reviews

South Africa135 reviews
In reliable hard worker
Hi it was nice working at parmalat uht I started working there as a general worker and I've work my way up to become a machine operator and I've learn all the things I know at parmalat.
5,0
Good company have a lot opportunities
It's a good company, giving employees opportunitis inside the company first, I started on June 2019 till now, it's very interesting to work here, I meet defferent people, different ideas, leaarning socializing with different people and learn to respect each other with different people
Work
I am a born leader and handle everything that comes my way, I am firm. Take, decide and do attitude.
Parmalat are fast paised, it require you to be on your feet.
Pros
Work security
Cons
Little time for yourself
It's nice place to work
It's a good company to work for ,but the money they start u with is not so good ,u must work yourself up to get a salary u deserve or want ,but u also learn alote ,u learn and meet people ,u check expired dates it's the same u do by jumbo or any other Dupre market
Relations
I have build up experience in that position. We worked well together, If the retrenchment did not happened I would have loved to stay longer. The hours was long. I have build good relations with all and my colleagues knew they could depend on my as I always finish tasks in time.
Pros
Cons
Night shifts
4,0
Parmalat is one of the best dairy industry
It was very nice to work there, because of the work challenges and experience. I learned many things e.g to deal with customers, problems solving and dedication. As I was doing many things at the same time like telesales, reconciliation, stock controlling, customer services and other administration duties, it made me to be more confident and ambitious.
Tips for merchandicing
Always make sure that your products are still fresh and far from the expiry date. Make sure you have no damages. Be presentable for parmalat. Make sure your shelves are always clean and neatly packed.
3,0
Good company with potential for international exposure.
Parmalat is a big company with great products, processes and reasonably high tech equipment.
Management is reasonable, but has potential to can be great.

Growth opportunities seem limited and diversity management can be improved.

Structure is reasonable flat, but lacks signs of transformation. The structure at executive and senior management remains white amd male dominated.
5,0
I leaned to work with group and help each other where is needed
The management is very supportive and incurrageble.we are like family .the hard part is working in fridges expetially during cold weather.i enjoy working with other customers.
4,0
Productive and accuracy into detail
A typical day with lots of breakdowns is very straineuos and you have to pull correct resoiurces and need to work hand in hand with the maintenance team.Breakdowns that are huge need to escalated to the management to get assistance.The workforce is all involved on a task and teamspirit is high.The hardest part is that the rewards of good performance is very limited if nay at all and it s ademotivating factor to shopfloor..Enyoyable part is to be able to make constructive decision that are valuable to the company.
Pros
On the Spot Award fro Good performance recognition
Cons
45 hours work a week
4,0
Bulk delivery of cheese ,yogurt ,juice ......
Good day everyone.
At the present moment I'm doing bulk deliveries to Pick n Pay distribution center only. 1 assistance with me to help with destacking of products delivered . Purpose of that is to make it easier for the receiver's to scan the items in. The stressful part of my job is the driving during the night time,as there is always danger of drug addiction rooming around.
Typical day at work
First day working on my own in a shift and there was this intrument which gives chemical results and all its settings were out. I had to remain calm.
It is a homely farmly environment. You get to work with different characters which you learn to know and understand .

Through the years I have learnt that eperson management style is different so you to idrntify theirs in order to fit
4,0
Fast paced, friendly and opportunity to grow.
I had the opportunity to fill various roles while working at Parmalat, each with their unique challenges, but I always had the support of my snr's manager and the Exco to make a success of my career. Career planning and further personal development was one of their key objectives. I will recommend Parmalat as an employer of choice to any of my friends.
1,0
Who works 9hours at a shopping centre for a very successful com
Who works 9hours at a mall for a very successful company for R2800 without traveling money because they want you to travel between shops working on saturday and sunday and for that little money eish is bad
Typical day at work
Start at 7.30 AM Collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done.
I have learned to adhere to the policy and terms of the company,

Assisting credit controllers with problem customers.

Workplace culture: Respect /Fairness Trust/Integrity Results/orientation.

Being optimistic.

Enjoy working with all culture op people
Pros
often we having free lunches
Cons
start at 7.30
highly stressfull workplace
I use to work at Parmalat from 2006 till July 2014
as a Production co ordinator . I loved working for Parmalat but the weekends at work and family time was a problem .I would love to go back to Parmalat anytime but need some extra time off over weekends and end of year vacation .
3,0
There product are very good and taste
Parmalat their product are very good and original product, and everyone they love to buy parmalat dairy product.
Parmalat are the number one company in South Africa that are made a good product.
Fun workplace
Assistant driver
I did like to work as an assistant driver but I was not happy due to my wages and going with truck was so risky. It's nice when you touring all over but time to come back home it's not right because you slip so late.
Pros
No free lunch
Fearly treated
They treated me so fairly and I was happy and relaxed ,I have learnt a lot of things on a technical side that made want to learn more about the machines or doing my apprenticeship under tjem
Well Productivity
Good work place where you lern a lot. Full of challenges. Nice team of laids & gentlemens. Thats where the you learn to stand at your own .team work is what takes you forward
2,0
Interesting place to work
Culture very different to what I was used to but learned to relax and fit it. I learned that there are managers (few and far between) that are willing to go the extra mile for an individual.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parmalat. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1