Parmalat
Coronavirus update

Parmalat Employee Reviews

South Africa141 reviews
5,0
I enjoy working at Parmalat the teamspirit was excellent. The Health and Safety for Employees as well as clients was in Line with the National Health and Safety act. The benefits with the company was good and Parmalat will always go the extra mile for clients and to get the work done. I was honoured to be part of such an excellent company that also gives their employees a change to broaden they knowledge and grow within the company itself.
Pros
Received free products that was launched also received free lunch with training meetings, staff meetings, presentations.
Cons
Overtime was worked only when it was necessary
5,0
I would recommend one to work for the company cause the mood there is so mavelous.
If i were to be callled again to come and work for them i would definetly do so.
Pros
Nope
3,0
The work is very challenging, stressful, overworked and manageable but unfortunately compensation is not industry related. Expected to do miracles if they know you’re a hard worker.
Pros
Staff card & on the spot awards for good performance.
Cons
Overworked and mandatory expensive medical aid.
5,0
At that time it was reasonable but stressfull for transportation and cost of living was high with a minimum wage as we got. All in all we got a change of ownership and could wish to to get second chance from you.
4,0
It was great to work at parmalat because the managers were very helpful and there was no pressure. The other thing I use to get the paper work in time.
Pros
Cons
N/a
5,0
Don't be nevervous, be at ease, sit up straight, look the interviewer in the eyes, no ambiguous answers. Be punctual, when a problem or questions address them. Report any unusual operations or fault machinery
Pros
Free shopping card
Cons
Excessive overtime
5,0
Hi it was nice working at parmalat uht I started working there as a general worker and I've work my way up to become a machine operator and I've learn all the things I know at parmalat.
5,0
It's a good company, giving employees opportunitis inside the company first, I started on June 2019 till now, it's very interesting to work here, I meet defferent people, different ideas, leaarning socializing with different people and learn to respect each other with different people
4,0
I am a born leader and handle everything that comes my way, I am firm. Take, decide and do attitude.
Parmalat are fast paised, it require you to be on your feet.
Pros
Work security
Cons
Little time for yourself
4,0
It's a good company to work for ,but the money they start u with is not so good ,u must work yourself up to get a salary u deserve or want ,but u also learn alote ,u learn and meet people ,u check expired dates it's the same u do by jumbo or any other Dupre market
3,0
I have build up experience in that position. We worked well together, If the retrenchment did not happened I would have loved to stay longer. The hours was long. I have build good relations with all and my colleagues knew they could depend on my as I always finish tasks in time.
Pros
Cons
Night shifts
4,0
It was very nice to work there, because of the work challenges and experience. I learned many things e.g to deal with customers, problems solving and dedication. As I was doing many things at the same time like telesales, reconciliation, stock controlling, customer services and other administration duties, it made me to be more confident and ambitious.
3,0
Always make sure that your products are still fresh and far from the expiry date. Make sure you have no damages. Be presentable for parmalat. Make sure your shelves are always clean and neatly packed.
3,0
Parmalat is a big company with great products, processes and reasonably high tech equipment.
Management is reasonable, but has potential to can be great.

Growth opportunities seem limited and diversity management can be improved.

Structure is reasonable flat, but lacks signs of transformation. The structure at executive and senior management remains white amd male dominated.
5,0
The management is very supportive and incurrageble.we are like family .the hard part is working in fridges expetially during cold weather.i enjoy working with other customers.
4,0
A typical day with lots of breakdowns is very straineuos and you have to pull correct resoiurces and need to work hand in hand with the maintenance team.Breakdowns that are huge need to escalated to the management to get assistance.The workforce is all involved on a task and teamspirit is high.The hardest part is that the rewards of good performance is very limited if nay at all and it s ademotivating factor to shopfloor..Enyoyable part is to be able to make constructive decision that are valuable to the company.
Pros
On the Spot Award fro Good performance recognition
Cons
45 hours work a week
Good day everyone.
At the present moment I'm doing bulk deliveries to Pick n Pay distribution center only. 1 assistance with me to help with destacking of products delivered . Purpose of that is to make it easier for the receiver's to scan the items in. The stressful part of my job is the driving during the night time,as there is always danger of drug addiction rooming around.
4,0
First day working on my own in a shift and there was this intrument which gives chemical results and all its settings were out. I had to remain calm.
It is a homely farmly environment. You get to work with different characters which you learn to know and understand .

Through the years I have learnt that eperson management style is different so you to idrntify theirs in order to fit
4,0
I had the opportunity to fill various roles while working at Parmalat, each with their unique challenges, but I always had the support of my snr's manager and the Exco to make a success of my career. Career planning and further personal development was one of their key objectives. I will recommend Parmalat as an employer of choice to any of my friends.
1,0
Who works 9hours at a mall for a very successful company for R2800 without traveling money because they want you to travel between shops working on saturday and sunday and for that little money eish is bad
3,0
Start at 7.30 AM Collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done.
I have learned to adhere to the policy and terms of the company,

Assisting credit controllers with problem customers.

Workplace culture: Respect /Fairness Trust/Integrity Results/orientation.

Being optimistic.

Enjoy working with all culture op people
Pros
often we having free lunches
Cons
start at 7.30