Pep Stores
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Pep Stores Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

The day i got a difficult customer but i kept mycool and talked the customer down I have learned that people are different and when you are dealing with people you need to be calm and have a way of solving problems without offending the customer my manager was a very calm and understanding person he did not only manage the store but also helped me learn to manage myself and others the hardest part of the job was being a security I enjoyed the busy days most
Pep store is a good and quality shop which I like working there ,because the manangers there are frindly to employees ,it gives best for community
Pros
We have
Cons
1-2hrs
I would really stayed on at pep store but management treat its workers poorly do not work respectfully towards them, i did my best being good at my job
It was a good experience and if you work hard then it will help. Also the manager was very helpful and because I was a hard worker I became semi permanent from a casual.
Working at pep was not something bad at the end you have the opportunity to see what most people outside think about pep even though it's not like that. It's a hard job title which you have to uphold to.
Pros
Got to meet different people every day
Cons
A place with a wonderful culture, where the leaders are selected not because of who you know, but how well you can lead. Also not a company that is afraid to change things up and challenge the norms, as well as their employees.
Good working environment. Good bonuses and remuneration.
Pros
Good remuneration and Salary
Cons
Very long working hours
Great manager Its not really stressful, there's not really any big expectations from anyone besides unpacking and picking up clothes and shoes. Constantly have to be alert for thieves
Very nice place to work to the culture wow You won't feel as young cous you don't have to say brother or sister we are all equal Me working there was one of the best opportunity ever today I have learn a lot of things not just about there company but also about myself. Being independent was one of the things that will never forget
Pros
In your birth day off
Cons
Doing morning Talks, setting sales targets for a day, managing day to day running of a branch, ensuring that the branch is clean and stock is packed accordingly (Stock Replenishment). receiving stock, inter branch transfers.
Pros
management expirience
Cons
I've dealt with variety of customers. Ive learned how to handle different kinds of situations. How to work in a group. How to manage a difficult situation. The hardest part of the job was helping a customer that won't understand that you don't have the ability to make decisions that a manager or supervisor is suppose to make. Fun part was when we had to dress up at work.
Pros
Free chocolates
Cons
Long after hours
A hate having an unhappy day at work. I hate the fact when managers let people stay late at work an knowing the environment is not safe. Do not use people tell people you recruit whats the set up at the first time meeting or interviewing the person. Treat evryone equal.
I enjoyed working at checkers because it was first job ever. But I had to leave because my salary was not enough to support my family. I had to go and look for more paying jobs to assist at home.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Pep is hard and they are thief's when it comes to casuals. But the workers are the best but gossip a lot which makes it junk but you with nice. Just have a goal.
Pros
birthdays off
Cons
rough hours
Productive and fun workplace. The communication is good and the people are very polite and warm welcoming. A very nice place to work. the hardest place is the stock room, where we would have to unpack stock but eventually finish off.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
the customers and the co workers are very good people we work well together. the team work that was there was tremendous. the management treated us like we were people.
a typical day at work is good you learn how to build team work in the store ,how to be a cashier ,how to add up at night the cash flow ,the management are helpfull show you what to do and talk you threw the prossed work place culture is to work hard take note of what you do keeep customers happy ,when you have to count the money at night before you go home it must be the right flout the enjoyable part when everything goes to plan and the day is over for going home.
this industry was a stressful industry, but it made me who I am toady, a lot of responsibilities was given to me as a person, with a lot of duties to perform, very challenging environment ,because you always had to meet a certain standard, which was not easy to meet,
Pros
bonus insentives if met targets
Cons
long hours and too many responsibilities for one person, stressful environment
Management - all good , management does what they expect from staff Salary- depends on how u work so if you don't work everyday and whole week your bank account won't smile
Pros
Being on the tills
Cons
Long hours, long queues, customers stressing
It was fun but there were no free lunches, we got only tea for free and that was great for me. Our hours were normal and I never complained about it, we never exceed the normal time.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Network delays
our culture is one of a kind. we help each other out as different cultures combined. in a company one has to work togerther as one and get along so that the work place is a friendly environment.
Pros
working shifts on Saturday
Cons
long hours and weekends
  1. Cape Town, Western Cape