Pep Stores
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Pep Stores Employee Reviews in East London, Eastern Cape

Pep strores have best sellers on clothing and accessories they are competitive industry ,they know how to make customers happy and the have best quality clothing
Pros
They strive for best
Cons
They now how to keep their value
The culture is very important at Pep. They have thier own Sikhula kunye(we are growing together). I have learnt to respect evryone irrespective of their condition or status.
Pep was a great company to work for, the best I've ever worked in. The culture and the honesty passion and resourcefulness that was always instilled in us will always remain in my mind. I learned that growing together is the best way to grow a business; coaching the team and giving opportunities for better positions. Putting up with the pressure was the hardest part of the job, but after sometime I realised how well I worked under pressure. I managed to reduce stock losses in my store and sales increased at a very high rate.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Stock losses
Its nice too work with the company cause u get too meet different people . The hours was long but I enjoying every moment working there.The company is with working for
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Very long hours
I worked for Pep Stores, when I started it was a pick time so it was hectic, I adapted so easily with the staff and my manager as well, I was at the receiving and in less than 2 months I was a cashier. I wanted a change and growth so I applied at Nedbank in 2010 and got the offee
A typical day at work would be opening up shop, setting up cashiers, floor walking and ensuring shop is neat and tidy at all times.
a typical day at work: you must get your work done what is given to you before you start your day. what you learned: i learned much there how to do my work to the fullest and was in training to become a 2IC that i couldn't finish because we moved to jhb management: our store was without a manager for 4 months so the leadership wasn't their but when the manager came their it was a good environment to work in you new what was expected of you. your co-workers: my co-workers was nice to work with they became like family you could make jokes and they will laugh but we knew when to make jokes and when we must work the hardest part of the job: there wasn't any because if your mind is set to achieve in life you will exceed in life the most enjoyable part of the job: is to know that you have a juo where everyone is greeting you with a smile and care for each other.
When I worked for Pep stores I was a casual employee. That means I did not have benefits even if I were to get injury there at work. It was hard becuase as a shop or business they are there to make money more than anything. There were targets for each and every month and as a staff you had to strive to meet those targets. Casual employees were not entitled to leave of absence if you had a problem and you cannot cocme to work you get leave without pay. They are selling clothes and so many times there thieves coming to steal the clothes and if you happen to see him or her you are in trouble because sometimes they will swear at you threatening to stab you when you are going home after work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours and working on weekends
Well being at work is fun as I've never worked before,I get to meet alot of new faces everyday.I have learned that in life you need to have an open mind in order to understand other people's cultures and values.The management is fine from top to bottom.The staff consist of less than 10people which is very good because we get time to communicate and understand each other in many ways than one,we have created a sisterly bond which no one could be able to break, we go through hardships together even if sometimes we don't make the budget we all know that there's always a tomorrow.As I have mentioned before that I meet different faces everyday, Some people are mannered than others, so we sometimes get customers that complain about everything and that I think is the hardest part of the job but I know how to stay calm through it all.The enjoyable part is when the manager is out,we run around, make jokes and dance to music but we don't distract the clients because we know that the customers needs come first.
Pros
we get a free lunch only if we've made a budget for the month
Cons
I am so fortunate to work for such a company with strong values and culture where equal opportunities are given to anyone. Typical day is recieving of stock ,planning , followups and so on. Working with different people and meeting different personalities can become a challenge but with the right attitude you overcome. Customers are the most difficult part of the job coz you never know what to expect n vise versa they make ur day n in moments turn it upside down.... overall the best part is to know that ur job is safe the company is financial healthy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pep Stores?
  1. East London, Eastern Cape