Pep Stores
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Pep Stores Employee Reviews for General Worker

The work experience was great alot of challenges at the store. It has a great way of talking and handling of customers. The hours was to long and workload to much for the salary they give you.
Pros
Get great experience
Cons
To salary was not enough
I wanna grow an get another better job than pep store I've been a casual for 2 years even though I've got experience but still they don't hire me as a permant
Pros
Cons
Less hours
I did love my job but was never given a chance to grow in the company.The salary level is to low plus there's no money to pay us but the can pay bonuses for permanent staff
I enjoy to work at pep,the problem I was the casual, I work very hard, I communicatebwith the staff we respect each other,the boss was never be a Friend with staff. When we work no joke's
I was learning daily new things related to my studies. Employer was very helpful. Everyone worked as a team and was a nice environment to work in. I picked up a lot of experience and my employer allowed me to attend my classes. It was just a pity that he sold the company otherwise I would definitely still be working there
Pros
study time
Cons
was sold
I was given tasks for the day and I was taught how to work under pressure and the importance of time in the business place. I was taught to treat my colleagues and customers with respect.
Working at Pep Stores have changed the way I perceive life.I developed my communication skills and the ability to work in a team.The manager always gave us motivational talks ,saying that we should work hard to achieve our goals and that some of us were not destined to stay at Pep for a very long time. That for me was the best working experience I've had in my life.
Pros
free lunches at times
Cons
long working hours, too much work
Productive and fun workplace. The communication is good and the people are very polite and warm welcoming. A very nice place to work. the hardest place is the stock room, where we would have to unpack stock but eventually finish off.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
its a family orientated environment,subordinates understand each other,its fun and work all the time,the pleasure of meeting new people everyday and the satisfaction of helping clueless customers.
Pros
reasonable working hours
Cons
salary
working for pep store was like a dream come through for me.because they hired me when I was very in need of a job.the manager and the staff were very nice towards me.I really enjoyed working there even though I worked for short period of time,reason being I had to go back to school to further my studies.
Pros
we had tea time at 10am to 10:30am, and we were given a lunch time from 13:00 to 14:00
Cons
5 hours
a typical day at work is good you learn how to build team work in the store ,how to be a cashier ,how to add up at night the cash flow ,the management are helpfull show you what to do and talk you threw the prossed work place culture is to work hard take note of what you do keeep customers happy ,when you have to count the money at night before you go home it must be the right flout the enjoyable part when everything goes to plan and the day is over for going home.
I really loved working there,especially the manager.The only problem was working while standing whilst there little payment but as for all,it was nice
Pros
The staff and the boss were nice people and we got along very well.
Cons
We had long hours working there and while helping the customers, we also had to make sure no one is stealing.Another issue was the benefits, they were not much but the work load.
pep store dont hire the workers according their culture they always take people accordng their qualifications and skills tht they have that will make the business to reach their goals on time without loss
Pros
lunch at 12 until 1:00 oclock
Cons
work for 8 hours a day and 40 hours per week