PEP Employee Reviews

South Africa54 reviews
Stock taking:

Work starts at 8 daily and I was always on time

We would stock and check stock on a daily by codes using a scanner machine and manually as well

I would assist on the floor when help was needed
4,0
Pep is a very good Company to work for, I like the culture of it, Everyone is treated with respect and encouraged to learn and skill themselves as much as possible.
5,0
I would always experience the element of collaboration. there would be always a good culture in regards to verbal communication or any form of communication. teamwork. honesty, respect. appreciation diversity.
4,0
Working as a sales consultant, assisting customers when they can not find a certain product in a clothing store. Working as a cashier where you have to be fast and able to work under pressure with various customers when they are paying for the product.
2,0
they are very caring.They have many customers, their products are at lowest prices,our workplace it is very neat. And also the security is very tight there. There is a lot of respect that is began there.
4,0
a good company to work in. lots of oppotunities to grow especially if u are selfdriven and able to work in as a group. have good verbal communication
4,0
Excellent management and overall staff. Always ready to help and they were friendly to customers and other staff. I learned a lot about customer service
5,0
This company train its employee from time to time
Its fun and productive to work for this company

You learn more about your job description

You always know what to do
5,0
Very friendly and supporting team to work with. The environment is so friendly and cool at the same time, i would have loved to spend more time with them but my time was very short.
3,0
Working at pep was my first temporary job as a student and a life changing experience. It made me realise how important it is to work as a team and how things work in the job industry.I had a great time and it was not only about making cash,but most importantly what i learn as a student who is on her road to the industry of working.
3,0
I was having fun at pep.It was nice to work there,we were working as a tearm,support each other in terms of work and personal life.We were always having fun.Our leader were always making sure that we are okay
Pros
We were not getting free lunch
Cons
I was working over time sometimes
5,0
Blood, sweat and tears but still a awesome company to work for.
I would go back in a blink of an eye!

Do not do it for the money it has to be a passion and a way of life. Awesome culture

SK -- you never walk alone
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Long hrs
4,0
I had a very good experience by PEP.
The hours are flexible in shifts.

You get benefits at the company - pension, medical aid (comes from your salary) and a bonus.

Culture is something different from other companies - really do make the environment very exciting and cultural.
Pros
Flexible shift working hours, benefits
Cons
Potential to grow is limited, limited on fashion/creativity
1,0
To be part of the biggest company all over the world it's an honour to work for, for the past years that ive been working in pep it's not so good as it seems, they said that the company is a wealthy company to work for but as I've seen it's not true ,in my area where am working our management it's not good we as the staff must work long hours and after hours but don't get overtime, we are working over weekends till late we can't even go out on weekends or spent time with our family and friends because we are always working and that's not right when we try to talk to our manager she doesn't listen to us we must ask for a day or so to just get sum rest how does the manager get more day's off but when we as staff just ask than we can't get a day to rest and how can PEP say they are a wealthy company when our salaries is not so good we must work very hard but doesn't even see what we are working for through the month,and how can the p27 do the permanents job but don't get rewarded for that they are doing the most work in the work place but they salaries is up 2, 500rand n week how does that work for all their hard work, I think it's pathetic
Pros
We dont get lunches
2,0
Assisting customers, I've learned how to be patient, with myself and other people, management was always understanding and fair, always helped where she can, and always listened to everyone. Everyone loved working with each other. Hardest part of the job, was dealing with rude customers. Sewing different people and being in touch with fashion.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
short lunch breaks
4,0
I have enjoy working at pep because II have learned to work. Under pressure ,to deal with a deficult customers and to operate tills and also doing a house keeping
Pros
Free tea
4,0
It was a very not demanding job and was easy to work with the people I was working with, was very energetic fun place to be in full of energy and customer care
Benefits
Cons
Not flexible to school hours
5,0
Working at pep gave me lot of experience on how to work in a different environment usual working with people and also then experience on how to treat other people at work.

As the result I regard my self as a better person in term of communicating and interacting with others.

I also gain some different skills as well on how to become a good problem resolver, the management was also in good hands as well.I never had the most hardest part of the job because I am always awear of anything......The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the work being well done and the management being happy all the time as well as other employees
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, Healthy care and high dedication to work
1,0
I'm a person willing to work hard . I have a methodical, customers focused approach to work and a strong drive to see things through to completion .
Pros
Free cons
3,0
A typical day at work starts at 8am and ends at 5pm, I learnt basic cashier skills, how to operate cashiers software and how to conduct myself in a work environment. Management is fair and executed well, all the staff understood their role and positions. The work place culture was common amoung all employees. The job was fairly easy and enjoyable.
Pros
Experience in a work environment.
4,0
I learnt many keys to making a workplace more enjoyable and productive at the same time,best ways to cheer a customer,ways to take a good of them and paying attention as the fundamental principles! Always smile,ask if they need any other help other Than the one you offered and to always tell them to have a good time.team work principles: COMMUNICATION, MOTIVATION,LEADERSHIP and et cetera.

I learnt a lot from PEP
Pros
free lunches from over sales
Cons
having to be a cashier, cleaner and a security at the same time.