PEP Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier4 reviews
South Africa4 reviews
3,0
A typical day at work starts at 8am and ends at 5pm, I learnt basic cashier skills, how to operate cashiers software and how to conduct myself in a work environment. Management is fair and executed well, all the staff understood their role and positions. The work place culture was common amoung all employees. The job was fairly easy and enjoyable.
Pros
Experience in a work environment.
5,0
it was nice working for the company, this company is he first company that gave me job, i taught me well on how to treat people cause was dealing with people everyday and every time, as we all know the retail store that without productive customer care the company wont grow or go anywhere.
4,0
I have learned a lot of things about the reatail industry and i also got the chance to gain experience in most of the things that im taught in theory at school. my manager is a very friendly person always open to new ideas, likes people who think out of the box also very strict when it comes to doing your job. my co workers are also very friendly like helpng where help is needed.

the hardest part of my job is when it comes to cashing up coz if the float is short you have to pay out of your own pocket, so there shouldnt be any problems when it comes to that, therefore you need to leave your problem at home when entering at work because there isn't rom for any mistakes. most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers choose what they want, that is when i get to use my customer skills and negotiate with the customers and sometimes seal a deal.
Pros
lunch time
5,0
it was great working there even though for me it was just for fun and it helped me gain some expirience on how to work with people from different places with their different minds
Pros
worked together as one big family
Cons
no free lunches and there was a lot of work to be done