Pepsi Bottling Ventures
3,1 out of 5 stars.

Pepsi Bottling Ventures Employee Reviews

2,7Work-Life Balance

N/a

N/A… this company is ok to work for, the employees are nice and the management is ok. It’s easy to advance but you don’t get paid enough once you are promoted. I’ve only been there for a year and I’m working 2 jobs just to cover my rent. It’s literally not enough.

They try

They do try to make things good for employees, but fall short. Pay is good but the work is incredibly long and hard. Always get blamed when I’m busting my hump trying to do the right thing. Whole delivery process needs to be reworked and redeveloped.

Just ok

It’s a job. No work life balance. No real room for advancement. Have to work one weekend day and most holidays. Can’t rely on people when you’re off.

Incompetent management

This place is terrible. The sales department runs the company and if someone in sales stumps there toe the emails start to fly. There is no team work, every department is out to screw over each other and blame the others for there short comings. You don't get holidays off, they claim you do but you don't as I write this on memorial Day at work. The executive team are nothing but accountants and I have no idea of how the real world works. In short if you are looking to work here you'll be underpaid, overworked, over stressed and treated terribly.

Terrible

During my tenure at this company i’ve grown to see terrible work life balance. Management is shady and untrustworthy. You can work 6 12 hour days and it still isn’t enough.

Don't consider it.

When I first started I worked my rear off and was quickly the one called on to run routes when the regular route guys were on vacation. I never complained about where I was sent or what I had to do . When I left my new employer did not ask when .I could start, they told me when I'd start. Because I could not work an entire 2 week notice out they held my vacation and personal time and now say I am barred from ever working there again. After 4 years of working the busiest routes it was all summed up in a week. No loyalty

High turnover rate due to management.

Not a place to go if you want to be treated fairly. Frequently hiring supervisors from outside company. Rampant favoritism. Open Jobs are not posted in the plant and management won’t let anyone know jobs are available. So more people come to first off the street than from the off shifts.

Pros

Good time off

Cons

30 minutes break is off the clock

Ghetto

I worked at the Winston location. It’s great if you like working with thugs and ex convicts. My lunch was stolen the first day. The job itself is very physical. Fellow employees don’t have respect for one another. If you’re different than everyone else they will point it out and make fun of you for it.

Pros

25 cent sodas. And clocking out

Cons

Racist environment

Management sucks

Your just another number don't believe management if they say you get a raise after a certain time after they hire you. Most people that work their are good people just management want you their so they don't have to do your job.

Pros

Discount on soda

Cons

Pay

It was alright

It’s alright, management seemed lost at times Great place to gain your cdl but not much proper training they have new hires training running routes with new hires

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pepsi Bottling Ventures?

Chill with ice

Do you job and it will be fine, any problems tell HR. Always do what is rightBehave in a transparent and authentic wayTrust others and empower them to deliver Continuously seek new growth opportunities as well as cost efficienciesTake calculated risks and stimulate others to do the sameDo what is best for PepsiCo as a whole and not just for your own area Create a safe space for different opinionsActively listen and be curiousRespectfully challenge decisions when you disagree Consistently innovate to create more value for end-consumersFactor the end-consumer into every decision we makeUse data & empathy to understand & anticipate the needs of our end-consumers Build a positive & collaborative work environmentCreate moments of funShow appreciation for each other’s contributions, both big & small Hire and promote only the bestBuild diverse teams and inclusive environmentsRecognize people based on performance and potential Stay focused on what really matters and clarify what we won’t doSimplify the way we work, eliminate bureaucracy and remove obstaclesDecide, commit, and execute fast

Great coworkers & Management

Great coworkers & management. Management is willing to listen and help out when whatever you need. They have great open door policy. Help out as much as possible

Hard work but you do get to interact with a lot of different people. Pay is always lower than most of their competitors

Staffing was always a problem. Company is notorious for changing pay structure to save money. CDL guys are significantly underpaid and sales reps have few pay incentives. However they are long suffering with employees and their managers are willing to help out in the field.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Short staff and low pay

Not a good work environment

No good, to much buddy system. If you were not in the click, you had to most of the work. Maintenance jobs usually have small turnover , but not this place.

n/a

good company management could be better. really not for someone with kids in my opinion. Didn’t like the on call situations having to be on call was not good

Don’t expect to have much of a life with this company.

It’s quality work when they have their **** together. They’ll run you to death and of course like any company will not give a **** about your physical and mental being . Don’t kiss up to them and just do your job and go home .

Used to be awesome but changed

This company used to be amazing but now you work as much as they can work you and receive very little to no appreciation, no yearly raises , no company parties , it’s a stagnant job

Pros

25 cent soda

Cons

Insurance and pay raises

Fast paced

Always on your feet bending stooping climbing constantly on go have to be time efficient to get home at a decent time always meeting new people and new attitudes

Pros

Free gear meet new people

Cons

Management store clerks

Disappointed to leave.

PBV has alot of good things about the company. Great team oriented people. Discounts on beverages. ( within the warehouse only) Descent pay, vacation time, etc. The cons are.....If you have any previous physical injuries the warehouse/pallet builder position is not suitable for you. (They call it a picker position) It is a very physical job. I enjoyed it unfortunately it was to hard on my back to continue the position of pallet builder with them. I asked to be placed in a different position, but kinda got the run around in regards to that. You don't work a scheduled time. You will know what time to go in but you will not know what time you are leaving. ( only a goal end time is posted) Warehouse needs to improve on safety, such as lifting above your head and plastic laying around. Pallets and Product around on the floor. This poses a safety hazard. Product needs to be in a dedicated location not just in the isle somewhere. You waste time going back n forth in an isle to get products until you learn where they are. If you are new and referring to what isle you are in you will not know if you are towards the back of the warehouse. Isle signs need to show on both sides. In my opinion with some improvements in the warehouse management system, better safety protocols in place and a set schedule this company will find great, stable, long term employees. I would absolutely return to PBV with these changes set in place.

Pros

Great perks such as discount on beverages( warehouse only) vacation time, pay, people

Cons

No set schedule . Very physical

Manipulative

Management reminds me of grade school with the way situations are handled. The respect of persons is inadequate and personal. There is a lack of maturity in management. I am surprised for a company of this stature.

The only job I have ever liked.

I have found that PBV is a place where you can make a nice life for yourself. I have never been able to say I was actually happy with a job until I started working for Pepsi. I don’t hate going to work like I have in the past. I am appreciated and I feel like most people that I work with are family. If you are someone who comes to work and actually does what is expected of you, you will be very happy at PBV.

Pros

Good benefits, good work/life balance

Cons

Pay could be better but it’s still competitive for this area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pepsi Bottling Ventures. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance