PepsiCo
Information from PepsiCo:

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

South Africa32 reviews
Terrible working environment
Overworked with no rewards, praise or recognition.
Would not recommend hard working individuals to join this company.

You only get used!

Management only know to use the blame game,, you do the hard work and they take the praise!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Sales Assistant at Simba
Good environment with supportive coworkers (especially the older ones). Management is also very supportive but labour is hard. Especially for women. Over time pay is great.
3,0
Poor management but great benefits
Managers are unskilled and hate constructive criticism as per an external survey done on the company. skill sharing is scares as senior managers have similar qualifications to entry level operators.
3,0
Not meeting world class standards
There seems to be a gap between PepsiCo beverage and snacks business like Simba(pty)Ltd.The integration is not yet there.Paraduim shift is very minimal
Pros
Staff chips
Cons
No flex-time
Amazing
I enjoyed every moment and working with everyone at PEPSICO park .
PEPSICO is very fair for employees,and very kind people to be working with I would love and enjoy yo work with them again
Snacks
excellent, its all about the people, growing their careers and enabling them. Cross functional, involved and part of the decision. Pepsico listens to its employees
3,0
The culture is no longer enabling for employees to thrive and excel at what they do.
The company has good values and CoC but the management processes makes it unpleasant to work for the company. The culture has recently developed to a hostile one, there is no consistency interms of empathy and support to coach and enable staff to reach good performance levels.
Unless you are a favorite or what we called "directors pat" career growth and professional suppory will never bethere for, you woll just remain frustrated on your and blamed for everything not go right.grogrowthaprofe
Great and not great
It was fun and exciting to work in such big company, the only disappointing thing was the salary, according to the work that we were doing wasn't market related, overall I had a great time lots of experience i got from my manager and colleagues.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PepsiCo?
Dynamic High Pace FMCG enviroment
I worked on the local brands portfolio in snacks which requires high pace , dynamic and agile leadership

This experience set has grown me immensely also tapping into PepsiCo global networks to ensure we win with regional specific market strategies
4,0
learning environment , be productive and experienced in sales
work full day , multicultural environment and be on middle management level , but to work long ours that didn't have remuneration . i like overtime but with iether offs or paid long hours
Pros
fully socialization
Cons
unpaid long hours
4,0
Exciting company to work for with great career growth potential.
A typical day doesn't exist in PepsiCo, it's such a dynamic and exciting place to work. I have grown as a person and in my career in the time I have work with the company.
My role is challenging and rewarding. Management is supportive to career aspirations and keen to help development.

Workplace culture is built on mutual respect and understanding. It is a results driven business and KPI's are expected to be met and exceeded.

In my position, I receive continuous calls and Whatsapps out of hours which can impact work/life balance but the trade-off is a growing career, competitive salary and great work environment. My greatest satisfaction is seeing people grow in their roles.
Pros
Great team, exciting challenges.
3,0
good place for a school leaver
This was + 30 years ago.Processed the wages weekly, learned about team work. i was a school leaver and new. management was fair. Culture was casual. enjoyable part was the constant learning as I was a school leaver
Pros
good role models to learn from
Cons
no benefits
Good work place
its a great place to work, a lot of good managers and the environment is very homey.
one will feel welcomed.

just needs to be quick on the work and get good connections withiin the business
Pros
canteen available, tea time, good environment
Cons
lack of career advancement in some departmenrs
I enjoyed it
Working with PEPSISCO was one the best thing that happened in my career.

I loved it because I had a chance of meeting with different people everyday. I loved working with trucks and supplies. The challenging part was having to go to dangerous places to make the deliveries. The culture was good because old staff members helped the new staff which made the work easier.
Stable Company, Management Issues
PepsiCo is a good, stable Company.
No growth opportunities

Managers no compassion

Target driven and this must be achieved no matter what.

Culture of you get paid to work, so work.

Managers lost the human touch
Pros
Stable Company, Bright Future
Cons
Managers lost touch with workers and no respect
5,0
good company to work for if you willing to work like a slave.
productive but not a fun workplace.
policies that are in place to guide every procedure that needs to be done.

IT support is a night mare.

the induction process in place.
Pros
staff sales
5,0
Great company to work for that cares about people
Planned and structured day.
Manage people and business.

Operate efficiently.

Company encouraged team work

Stock take

When we celebrated great performance
Pros
growth opportunities
Cons
long hours on stock taking
4,0
International company with cultural diversity. Company have competitive rewarding system. Growth opportunities are available if you are willing to reallocate.
Pros
Carrer growth if you are willing to reallocate
Cons
Managed international. Sometimes management style differ per country.
Forward thinking company
PepsiCo management have realised the need to adopt a world class manufacturing approach. To this end they have developed a 3 year transformation plan aimed at changing the business to one that is focused on performance.

Typical day at work are based on Agile project management methods. Issues are identified and removed to ensure flow within the project.

Being part of the SAP implementation team exposed me to software development processes and methods.

External resources are valued for their contributions, however they are not provided any reward and recognition for their efforts.

The hardest part of the the job was having to apply indirect influence to ensure results.

The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming part of a successful team that delivered an exceptional project.
Pros
Valued for contribution
Cons
Not reward and recognition
Stressful environment
High requirements to meet targets. Job requires sometimes a lot of overtime in meeting production targets. Plant is not managed in the correct way and on most decisions workers are not considered
Great Brands Company
Great brands. Great relationship with trade especially with key retail. Focus is on volume selling and are targeting Africa. Route to market strength in past years.
Pros
International Company
Cons
Continuous Changes in Leadership