Pfizer Inc.
Information from Pfizer Inc.:

Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews

South Africa27 reviews
5,0
Working for Pfizer was the most rewarding experience. I grew drastically in terms of being exposed to many therapeutic areas and formed lots of relationships with key stakeholders. Training was the best ever by far.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
A lot of exercises( competitors’ information)
3,0
I was a Brand Manager at Pfizer for 8 years, i developed several skills in this portfolio and had the opportunity to gain international experience by reporting into a global team.
4,0
My time at Pfizer was great. I enjoyed working with the farmers. Sadly the merger with SB influenced my job and I was retrenched. I do still think that the company is great.
1,0
Experienced racism, bullying and harassment
Inequity, unfairness, favoritism, injustice

Lack of empathy, of appreciation, of support

Micromanagement

Morally questionable environments, lack of integrity, encouragement of dishonesty
4,0
Great brand, highly innovative company with great benefits. Key focus on the health and well being of people, always innovative with new medication or new medical processes to enhance the industry
Benefits
Cons
No discount
5,0
The types of medical affairs activities, their scope and complexity learned me a lot of new experience and provided me with solid hands-on different ways to think, plan and accomplish tasks.
5,0
Best Company I have ever worked for.

I loved working for Wyeth. everyone got along. I also leaned a lot. If I did not leave I would have been promoted. The first company to take me overseas, I went to Paris for my training.

Our boss was the most wonderful and amazing human being. He spoke well and gave positive criticism. A gentleman at all times.

Wyeth was my family from my family.
Pros
Year end functions, Trainings, Team buildings, Gifts
Cons
Cant think of anything
5,0
I have only worked for this company for 2.5 years not and it has been a great 2.5 years. The environment is flexible and the people and great. The culture is amazing.
Pros
Great managers, flexible working hours, work-life balance.
High work ethics
Good culture

Location in South Africa, Gauteng

Flexibility in working hours

Good benefits

Opportunity to broaden knowledge

Provided opportunity to meet other colleagues in Emea region on an annual basis
Pros
Training available, opportunity to learn
Cons
no room to expand
3,0
diverse day dealing with senior levels down to junior levels. specialised in compensation and benefits which provided an opportunity to learn more about this, the culture tended to be very political. The long hours were difficult with small children. Enjoyed my team
Pros
very good salaries
Cons
then the long hours and the politicking
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pfizer Inc.?
3,0
Lack of formal on the job training.The role is challenging,enjoyable but unfortunately not all the duties one is employed to do have been utilised. The culture is hostile due to people or management.Work life balance is none existent.
5,0
Job security is fragile, and one doesn't know what the future will hold as management is tight-lipped.

But an excellent company to work for. The benefits and culture are excellent
Pros
Mostly everything
Cons
Job security
5,0
Pfizer has a diverse culture with a high quality transparent policies and values. It is an equal oppertunity employer. I like its OWNIT! logo & culture.
5,0
The workplace culture was amazing. There would be times where you would have to put in extra hours at work and that would not go unnoticed. There was an open door policy where you could address issues with your manager. The company took care of its employees - subsidized cafeteria, gym at work, just to name a few.
Pros
Gym at work
4,0
Working at Pfizer is all about ownership and responsibility. Our professional environment coupled with our high quality of colleagues enables us to perform optimally on a daily basis. I feel empowered as a Pfizer employee, in which my manager and team encourages me to take chances and work to the best of my ability. Our environment is very inclusive and integrity is one of our key pillars. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people and data to create strategies for my portfolio. I enjoy the challenge associated with effective marketing. The toughest part of the job is the administration requirements as there is often a large amount of paperwork required. Overall, Pfizer has afforded me the opportunity to develop into a strong brand manager, for which I am extremely grateful.
5,0
I am enjoying myself working for Pfizer, the opportunity they have afforded me really did push me to come out of comfort zone. They challenged me so much that I need even more challenge with other companies. They allow personal growth by affording you the opportunity to study further. They invest in ones potential.

The culture in Pfizer allows you to have both work and personal time off so as to ensure that you have work and life balance. Your character and behavioral culture they fuse allows one to be conscious and always keep in mind that there is more to life than working one self to the hospital or just plain overworking.
Pros
Diversity, cultutre and owning what you do.OWNIT culture.
Cons
As finance you might have to work etra hours to get the results.
5,0
Calling on doctors and pharmacies on my own and with consultants.
I learned everything about sales at Pfizer and their training was ongoing.

Excellent management team who were willing to assist anyone in need.

Very hard work and excellent team building.

Not bringing enough new products to the marketplace but over the years this improved dramatically.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of an extremely successful team and company,
Pros
Too many to mention
5,0
Challenging industry, needs high focus, production driven, growth opportunities available . Hard work culture , limited communication between Management and employees
Pros
perfomance appresials
Cons
job security
4,0
A typical day is highly productive but also highly rewarding and with great contentment.
I have learnt that working for a productive, fast paced organization need not be at the expense of your sanity and your time spent with family.

Management at Pfizer is awesome, find ways to better the lives of employees without being lax on targets. Management is innovative and are "human" first and managers after.

The culture is great, I am genuinely happy. It feels like my second home.

Meeting targets but I am more than happy to go the extra mile because I am happy. I thrive on challenges because im not discouraged from taking risks and failure is not frowned upon as long as I have learnt from it and improve upon my mistakes. management embraces innovation and individuality and aim to make things fair for everyone. I love working for Pfizer South Africa!!!!
Pros
Benefits and work-life balance
Cons
remuneration and job advancement opportunities
5,0
They look well after their employees, there were good growth opportunities, respect for work life balance, good benefits, great people, loved my position
5,0
Pfizer was exceptional at sales training and keeping its sales force updated about the environment within which they worked. They were above reproach when it can to the law, rules and regulations of the industry and maintained excellent relationships with the Key Opinion Leaders.
Pros
An inclusive environment
Cons
Salaries were not the best