Philip Morris International
Philip Morris International Employee Review

A great Company to come in and learn about the Retail Trade

5 March 2013
A typpical day at work would involve driving around and seeing my PnP, Shoprite Checkers and Game stores in my deignated area to ensure that the have stock and they do not have any issues that need to be addressed.

What i learned while at PM is that a successful FMCG company needs to ensure that OOS are kept to an absolute minimum.

My co-workers are great colleagues that rely on me a lot in order for them to remain afloat and focused. Having been at the company for so long you assume the role of a mentor to everyone that wants to achieve their goals and KPI's.

The hardest part of the job is having to introduce yourself to a customer that isnt happy with something about the company besides you as an individual, it then becomes hard to seperate yourself from the company you are representing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the meeting of and interacting with so many different personalities daily. You learn a lot from people if you allow yourself to.
5,0
3,0
Pros
company car, fuel card, laptop, 3g card
Cons
no room for growth
13 November 2019
Trade development representative (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Challanges were there however it kept me challenged to come up with innovative ideas. Good environment employers take good care of their employees. Would love to work there again
30 October 2019
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The work life, the culture, the benefits, it all will make your working experience at PMI Great. From events to training, the company has it all and with a lot of perks
3,0
22 February 2019
Corporate Affairs Manager/ Consultant (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
It was a consulting contract without really going to the office and i would manage my own times. I have learned about the Tobacco industry and the regulation thereof. There is a need to improve the management more so the direct report, there must be clear cohesion of the roles and responsibilities. i did not notice mush on the workplace culture as i never spend time at their offices. There was no clear guidelines as to what was i to do by the line manager and lastly, i was made to be a secretary without taking advantage of my experience.
Pros