Pick n Pay logo

Pick n Pay Employee Reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 1 399 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 512 reviews

Fun and challenging

It is nice working at picknpay, their customer service is perfect, the management is kind and considerate. Their working hours are great also, their working environment is clean and neat.

Pros

Working benefits

Cons

Retail hours

I was working at there floor as shelf packer and I enjoy it with food

It's was nice working there because I gain lot of experience as shelf packer and as merchandiser and I would like to work there again even the uniform was neat.

Pros

Yes we do get free lunch

Cons

42 hours a week

Productive and fun and enjoyable

Working for pick n pay was fun and enjoyable and have learned a lot during my stay and how to deal with different customer's and challenges. And good customer service.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

promotions and lots of opportunities including training skills

Pick n pay offers their employees best training in food safety, customer service, hygiene and responsibilities. Best service delivery and low prices.

Pros

Affordable lunches and breakfast

Cons

Extra hours so that employees can also benefit and earn better money

Excellent

Productive and fun workplace.Its fun to work with the staff solving problems and team work very inportant.Your customer service must be excellent good and must be always friendly and smile at your customers.You must go that exstra mile for the customer,and the customer will always retune

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Fun and experience a lot of things

U learn how to treat customers, friendliness must always shown to customers. Know how to count read and write. The management is good know how to count the stock, shelve packing.

Pros

Lunch us cheap you buy at staff lunch

Cons

9 hours per day

Productive and fun working place

Working on this company is good it has many opportunities pick n pay is one of the best company I know in South Africa customer service is more important to the company

Hours are long, the people I was working with was good and hard working employees made we worked well as a team only problem is there was no growth in this department

Pros

Mother day gifts

Cons

I enjoyed what i was doing company,I loved the fact that it was so challenging,I was working alone on the job that require more than one person to do

Pros

Free tea breaks

Stressful and demanding job

The work demanded lot of hours to put in. Less team work and lot of stereotyped behavior from other colleagues. Had great benefits and market related salary structure. Only the aggressive and violent minded individuals make it to senior management. Lot of internal politics and less room for innovation.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long hours and stressful

Jobs at Pick n Pay

See more jobs

Pick n pay good place to bee

It was a wonderful place to work with the company they make u feel at home sapportive all the time I can still bee happy to work the againi wonderful.

Cons

Productive , fun , educational and there is a room for one to grow with the company

Dedication is rewarded by means of internal promotion , one is granted an opportunity to grow with the company if they see that you have a potential and an ability, more over if they see that you are reliable and trustworthy.

Pros

Free tea, coffee and bread for tea break

Cons

If you work as a vte as i was, working hours are not a guarantee

Fun workplace

It was good working for pick n Pay, it only depends on which one you are working for whether is it is a local, family, cooperate or hyper market cause they are not classified the same way.

Challenging

It very challenging to work with customers yet it fun at the same time because some customers are very difficult.I like working as a team as well as working individually.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Working on holidays

Working at pick n pay taught me many things like working as a team and how to handle customers to keep the business going at all times

I have experienced love at first. The managers and staff at pick n pay keeps the company going. Working with a team is a great experience at pick n pay. And I had fun and taught myself many things that I never known of before becoming a pick n pay employee. I love the pick n pay staff members.

Pros

Staff prices

Cons

Overtime

Working as team and good customer service and employees and employees working together as a team and I can say the manager as a lot of a leader character.

Pros

Free lunches

Haritage day

Im beauty I do have 3 year experience as cashier at picknpay it was nice working at picknpay.. I was getting paid 3800 to 4500 25 of every month's.

Pros

Cheap coupons

Cons

5 to 8 hours

Front line

Working at pick n pay is very nice it's very uplifting and you get to work with customers and there's much more to learn . And the rules are so easy and you can always relay on your management and stuff .

Pros

Lunch times

Cons

1hour

Productive working place

Management was grate,salay wise was ok, enjoyed the experience the,and loved the working environment.wroking hours was grate .. learned alot...loved the uniform.

Pros

Less price for food

Cons

As long as you do what yoy are supposed to once yiu get to work you should have no problens

Pick an pay is a very fair company,the more you work the easier it is.very fair and understanding management.You work long hours since it's retail but staff had transport provided for them..End of year bonus was lovely

Pros

Lunch was cheap

Productive and fun workplace

Dealing with different people and different attitudes.Explore the shops department.Being able to help anywhere in the storeCommunication with customers.

Pros

Short hours

Cons

Long standing time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick n Pay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8