Pick n Pay

South Africa1 490 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 1 490 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 608 reviews

How I worked for Pick n Pay

I worked as general work at any Pick n Pay store under the campany of Phangela. I enjoy working with this campany. Sometimes you don’t work at the same store every day. So I met different people every day. Transport was available each every day. I was fine with the salary.

You work quickly as you told, you work according given time, you free to take your lunch time. You must clock in and out on time, don't be late at work.

Pros

Carry your lunches

Cons

Few hours

Worst place

Nothing was interesting about working there. The owner would be sitting in the office every single day checking how people work. Supervisors and managers are the worst because they act as if it's their store and you work for them

I enjoyed the pick n pay company job, and I learned that Hard working is way more important than being loved at time of working, because due to the culture of that company is way more excellent in rate. So love them all but trust No one.

Great company to work with and great people and work culture. Career growth is always there. It always feels like home and you become family. There is never a dull moment and lots of positivity and uplifting moments in a day.

Fun workplace

Pic and pay is a big company where by you see your life changes.working around there keeps you smiling and laughing always.most of the time you meet different people around the shop.

Pros

free food

Cons

7 to 7

Fun

Working at Pick n Pay is eye opener,you get to know how different departments work and collaborate. I have enjoyed my stay there, the company's culture is suitable for everyone and you are given chances for improvement and growth.

It gives you more knowledge about business

I enjoyed working at pnp it helped me since I'm an introvert, I got exposed to many people learnt more cultures and fluent English and also most importantly I learnt alot about business jargon too yes I'm still an introvert but I communicate better now thanks to picknpay.

Pros

Stuff competition

Cons

December long hours

There were some activities that we had to participate on such as dressing up and have competitions on public holidays.

My overall working experience at Pick n Pay was fun and exciting every day I have learned a lot and built authentic relationship with people (customers). I have become a better person.

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

long shifts varies based on busyness of the store

Pruductive & fun place

Friendly working environment and friendly staff. Management is ver friendly and patient with staff, they provide staff transport for those who knockoff late.

Toxic work culture, too much politics

Very long hours of work. No personal family life, especially if you have a wife and kids, you hardly see your familiy. Effort is not being noticed by the big bosses , very ungrateful, some of the big bosses don't know how to treat people with respect, they look down on you

Pros

Good salary, incentives for senior management, medical aid

Cons

Very long hours, no personal life

It was challenging and I've learned a lot by the time I was working there and Its lil bit buzzy store so have to up on your pace and I Enjoyed working there

Good work place

To work in a retail is very exciting you learn alot of stuff for instance you learn how to communicate better...you can up your maths skills...learn about hygene which is part of house keeping and don't forget about your brightest smile.im a very talkative and friendly person so I won't have any doubt about me getting the job and I'm confident and loyal.

Productive and fun place

I worked as Packer mostly, I used to pack for a Cashier when its done scanning items and put all the items in the Bag for a Customer...When it's not busy, I used to go work on the floor and do back shopping, which is to replanish back the stock that the customer left by the tills and put it back in the right place...Also and to make sure every aisle is full of Stock with the right Price ticket.

Pick n pay can make you grow your experience. But there is no money. There is free breakfast and lunch is cheap. This company gave me a lot of experience. Thanks to the employer

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Short hours

Fun workplace

It's was a fun working place but its hard for me, i only two day offs a month.i work double shift every 1st of a month and not getting paid for double shift at the end of the month

Productive, fun environment and hard working workplace.

The environment is good and the staff members are friendly and helpful. The problem is that there's a very high possibility you will work for many years without being a full time employee and the salary fluctuate depending on how management schedules you. Management personal changes frequently, so your performance goes unnoticed. Only full time staff and management personnel have financial security.

At The Office Doing Paperwork

It was great working at Pick N Pay,I enjoyed pricing & typing,no difficulties I've In counter,management was ambitious,would love to work there again.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

8 working hours

It was really fun working there meeting different people everyday

I enjoyed working at pick n pay ... it's just that the hours were too much n we had no weekends off ... only offing a once a week but it was fun working there

Hard work with long hours

Great place to learn, but it is a very tough environment. Work is everything and family life normally suffers.If you need a fast paced environment where you need to think n your feet, this can be for your. It can be very stressful at times with very long hours. Career opportunities are available if you want to stay in retail.

Productive and fun

I was enjoying working there because I love working with people and u have to be honest.. U have to leave your problems at home... It was a nice place to work there.. And I'm willing to go back again.. U must always smile and treat the customers fairly

Pros

Was buying food for my self

Cons

Fair hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick n Pay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 608 reviews