Pick n Pay logo

Pick n Pay Employee Reviews for Packer

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 209 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 512 reviews

Productive and fun workplace

Dealing with different people and different attitudes.Explore the shops department.Being able to help anywhere in the storeCommunication with customers.

Pros

Short hours

Cons

Long standing time

You meet a lot of new people

At times it can be very hard to work there the long hours and the specials, month end depending on which department you work in. The people you meet good or bad it depends on if you want to social with them cause they can talk about you and others in company.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Pick n pay is a good company to work for because there are benefits the job is secured productive and fun to work there the is team work between staff

Pros

Cheapmeals for staff

Cons

10 hours

its a good company to work for

Great company to work for Good benefits Great training Offer free breakfast and cheap lunch Good management Provides good experience It's a respectable company and has good reputation

Pros

free breakfast and cheap lunch

Cons

very long hours

Productive and fun

The management was very excellent and the salary and stuff .members they know how to work as a team.conflicts were well managed and our inputs were recognized

Pros

Able to get benefits

Cons

Work on weekends

it was fun, enjoyable, learning more thing eveyday

busy day interacting with customers of different cultures good management punctuality, focusing working late,after work no transport doing my job to my best ability

Pros

bringing your own lunch

Cons

flexy hours(8hrs)

The working hours are typical, you only get day off during the week. Management is okay. The hardest part of working the was to work long hours on holidays

patience and strength

I worked a s a part time packer which was recruited by an agency which worked for pnp. This meant that the pay was little but it was fine as being a packer wasnt that bad.

Pros

nothing

Productive and busy workplace

You have to be hard working and willing to work under pressure. Normally there are nine working hours and you have to be willing to work long hours. You have to be costumer friendly, willing to help costumers were necessary.

Pros

tips from customers

Cons

it is a friendly work place nd a fun place to ne

Management is good Communication is good Workers are treated equally with love and respect Employees work as a team The benefits workers get are very good

If you enjoy working with people an you a hard worker this job is for you

It has a lot of advantages in term of opportunities an learning more in running a business and good customer care and it teaches you how to deal with different personalities

Pros

Now an then

Cons

Monthly and holidays

It is a very fun and productive place

I enjoyed working at the retail store during that short period and i would go back if i were to get a job again.The people i worked with were good to communicate with.

Fun and productive workplace

The management team is so helpful,they tought me customer service and how to help out people. Its was a learning curve for me and I had a great time working there.

Pros

We bought a plate of food for R5

Cons

Long hours and no weekends off

No growth or promotions

There was no growth at pick n pay, and the store I was working for had untrained managers who don't know how to treat people. It's not good place work for.

I like working in pick n pay because we have lunch time and we work as a team no one is in charge to judge others we are one and same people as worke

The main reason is to help customers so that the business can achieve its goals and we as employees is to communicate with customers very nice and be attractive to them when talking about business so that they can feel that pick n pay is the best store amang them all.

Pros

Launch

productive and fun

Working there I learned so many things like customer service, respect customers, respect each other. Honestly and cleanliness and punctuality the best

Pros

free uniform

Cons

normal hours

stock packing and fun working place

Working at this company was such an amazing experience , and it was challenging because I had to learn how to treat,talk and explain everything so they understand.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short hours

I enjoy helping the customers more being hands on with them and assistant them.I also love working in a friendly environment I'm not there to make friend but to work .

Pros

Cons

Short lunch breaks

Fun, productive

Fun working experience, I enjoyed working there! The customers was great, workers was easy to work with. I gained experience and good friends. I'm thankfull for pick n pay for the chance they gave me!

Pros

Free food

Productive and Helpful

PnP is a relax company that allow employee to study and work part time. PnP train workers to how treat customers and how works around different cultures. work as a team to achieve one goal as PnP workers, deliver quality to our customers.

Growth with company and good company to work for

I was a cashier at pick n pay and jet stores. Worked as a chef and waitress at Newcastle inn and john dorys.Deli services at spar.im a fast learner.

Pros

Free tea and discount lunch

Cons

8 hours
  • Pick n Pay