Pick n Pay

Pick n Pay Employee Reviews

South Africa1,446 reviews

Found 1,446 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,563 reviews

Productive workplace to work there people are good well coming and good treatment, including staff members.

I was I was very dedicated to work there because of the treatment of staff members, wanting to learn how to work in a Big retail Company like Pick nPay.

Pros

Free lunch was offered to new staff members like my self bread 🍞and Tea.

Cons

Long hours was there because we waited for placement after induction process.

It was an amazing place to work at and a good learning experience

Its a good company to work at you can really grow in the company, go to work withgood intentions and always treat the customer with respect at all times.

Pros

Vte

Cons

Had shifts till 10pm

Productive and nice working place

It's good and nice to work for pick n' Pay because u gain lot of experience and knowledge u you can become something u want to be because you get education if you want it and become something like e.g DJ for pick'n pay radio

Pros

Tea free

Cons

Normal hours

Fun and amazing working place,professionalism to the highest level.

Pick n pay is a good company amazing management great employees,and working hard people overall, good costumer care and very clean stuff,amazing communication between the stuff and costumers.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Its part of the working enviroment

I joined pick n pay empangeni 1995 and its working enviroment and I enjoyed .They trained us they treat us like family and we have sheres..The company is well established for workimg good condition they have also the huge growth within company and standard of are very high to treat customers and the employees..And the skills required being a customer oriented and staff relations and to be a happiest bec.Ome a staff members.

Pros

Of couse every year we have

Cons

According the needs of the businesse

Fun exciting and great job

Pick n pay is the best shop in South Africa and it was great for me to be a part of pick n pay for many years it helped me to get experience it also helped lot of people to get experience they need.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive busy work place

My experience working there has been great it thought me alot on how to deal with customers and people in general it keeps me motivated to work harder.

Pros

Double pay on public holidays

Cons

Excessive work and long hours

Was productive and fun place to grow

I had an awesome time at the company could learn alot and as well grow. The company have really taught me alot , went on alot of course and met some famous people. The training they provide is excellent.

Pros

1lunch break and 30 minutes tea break

Cons

Worked long hours but its worth it

Productive workplace with the opportunity to grow within the company

Great and work friendly environment with the opportunity for growth. Teamwork is required. Staff members rate hourly exclusive of management. A minimum of we 110 hours is given to staff.

Productive and stimulating work place

Great environment with lots of room for growth and learningDaily you learn with new an improved ways to satisfy customer and help with there overall shopping experiences

When it came to fun time u would enjoy yourself

At the begining working at pnp market was so great up untill people started to leave i wondered why,up until i had to do all the work but getting paid a little less for those positions

Pros

U have to buy, no free lunch

Cons

Never

Fun work place and productive

Pick n Pay is the amazing store across the whole South African country and I'm willing to work for this company one day as i have done it before but i was under Tailormade Solutions (Agent) as i have said on top that I'm willing to work for this amazing company Permanently.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Normal hours and overtime

Productive work place

They were well organized and had great visions. There was always a goal set for every workshift.They very strict about certain rules and i love it alot

Cons

12 hours of work

Fun workplace

We don't have provident fund, that is the only thing i don't like. I am enjoying working there because its not far from my home. I wish they can have a liquor section it can help our customers.

Pros

We pay for everything. No staff discounts

Cons

Ours r good no overtime

Able to work under pressureGood Customer serviceLong hours which makes me able to work at easeLong queues made me able to work fasterAble to speak to customers in a well mannered way.

Pros

Half days

It a good place to work

It a good Company even though we found rugh times working under pressure due to the Supervisor or Mananger who dislike u. Although Cashier Office too.

Pros

Bread, butter, coffee

Cons

They give overtime when u willing to wprk

Good communication with other people

You have to accept challenges and opportunities and know how customer service works and just be able to make sure you are on your best behavior towards other people and fast learner and also like working with new faces every day.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Its good sometimes sometimes bad , i guess the days are not the same

I enjoyed working there , other days were good others not good but i guess its part of work as any workplace. Its was challenging because sometimes they will give you a diffrent tasks than your normal duties, so you needed to be ready for anything.

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

Sometimes

Ok, could be better, but not much I can complain about. It really isn't something that needs to be documented, but same as every other company it can have good days and bad days.

Cons

Pick n pay is a great company that has a good opportunities,as long as you take it serious.

I worked at Pick n Pay as a Merchandiser,and I learned how to adress products in order and also how to lift,offload or handle a heavy products ,lastly to treat customers in a good way...I enjoyed working as a group because that's where I get to learn more from other colleagues.

Pros

No we bought lunche

Cons

Everytime normal hours

Pick n Pay is a good company and with a good quality, excellent customer service

Pick n Pay is a good company and the benefits are good. And i would like to be part of this company. I am a energic and work as a team work communication. Cashier experience 4 years

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

8 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick n Pay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Pick n Pay