Pick n Pay

South Africa1 539 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 1 539 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 662 reviews

Accommodating staff with transport

I think the store should take uniform more serious and brand them to stage the store and management should always be visible to motivate customer service

Pros

Friendly supervisor

Cons

Management not taking notice of had worker's

I really need this job

I really need this job i will anything for this i really to work at pick n pay they can help you a lot if YOU make that you work hard and behavior your thers us alot of things happened here at pick n pay they can help you

Pros

Freee

Cons

4Freedom

Productive and fun work

It was very very challenging but I learn a lot on the store Everything was hectic because we were dealing with different customers. When it's month ends we worked 13 hours because it a busy days so we have to work hard so that customers will get good service.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

it an exciting place to be

It is a good place to work with more funny.am very happy to part of the company,the experience I have.i was warmly welcome on mi first day by the colleague and the manager too.

Started very exciting then after a few years it went downhill

Pick n Pay has good benefits, you meet different people from different culture and very hardworking people.It allows you to grow within the company. You will decide for yourself if you want to grow or not.

Benefits

Cons

Depends hours change when you are appointed as a full-time employee

Relaxed and staff gets along well

Always busy and an important position in the store as you must be familiar with all store processes. As long as you do your job well you'll have no problems with management.

Great place to work.. growth from inside

Pick n Pay is a great company to work for... growing within the business...we live by honesty and integrity... maintain high standards customer services always good and good hygiene standards and fresh products at all time no expired stock on shelves Clean and safe environment

Pros

Free transport

Cons

Good for experience but not long term

This is a good place to grow your confidence and to learn customer service at your own pace. However this is a place you should not stay at for too long. The long working hours steal from your after work life.

Pros

Medical Aid, free lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Freely,productive and pleasant to work at pick n pay

As a person who loves multitasking, ,pick n pay is a perfect place to show and learn all skills.They also give you an opportunity to more learning programs that will benefit both you and the company.

Pros

Rewards cards

Cons

Health care

Workplace

A picknpay has already have a own brand name and it is a perfect place to work at Company. I like be the one of picknpay employee because it sweetable to work at Company that is safe for me.

Pros

Cons

7 hours

Motivation and growth

Team work helps alot cause it help even the growth. As long as you are dedicated to your work and show some interest in new challenges then you will grow.

Pros

Breakfast

Cons

Normal hours

Productive place.

This is a good place to build a career for yourself. All you have to do is stay focused and do what is asked of you. It is a place to be humble and kind and helpful towards others.

Pros

Monthly salary

Cons

Long hours.

Management most challenging but still enjoyable.

Working at Pick n Pay was not my first choice career path but along the way I enjoyed every minute spend, the experience, people and management is overall are very supportive..provided you always willing to put more effort.all in all I can proudly say I have few of my own mentors who played an exceptional role in my career path at Pick n Pay.

Pros

Cheapest meal offer and breakfast is free

Cons

Work smart and execute ur duties at time

Good working condition that accomodate everyone who is part of the structure. Easy learning programs to suit ur working envyroment and excellent expirience

Pros

Subsidized meal

Cons

Health care

Management very poorly in the store

The management of departments are mostly in the stockroom or outside smoking cigarettes or having a conversation wit other managers and don't spend enough time on the shop floor or in there departments

What you learned

Good too clean Must have talent in cleaningMust come with a good mind setMust be good with your workersMust respect one anotherMust be clean at all times

Cons

When you have a chest problem you must not be doing cleaning jobs course it's affects your chest

Work productive

Very professional and deleget and always representative brings life to the customer s with love and serving them right all the time with good products

Pros

Service delivery

Cons

Working to serve the products

Professionalism

They are very professional,, they check everything, from clocking in and managing time and rotations. It is a very legit retail with excellent communication.

Pros

Stuff meals

Benefits

At pnp I did learn how to work people and I did did allso learn that the customers always come first

The staff at pnp is like one family and pnp was a very nice company to work for they look after there workers very well and there salary was never aproblem it was always on time when a person must get pay

Depressing workplace

In my three years of work I haven't seen any growth . Yet get increase but still earn peanuts due to them cutting hours. Management uses their power in a bad way sometimes they are being personal. The only enjoyable time I get at work is during my lunch time, engaging with my fellow colleagues.

Fun workplace and safe

It's a good place to work and a good communication with other people ,I was working with a good people and understandble person even if you have a problem with the customer they come and help you whatever problem you have

Pros

Having lunch in time

Cons

No longer hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick n Pay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 662 reviews