Pick n Pay

Pick n Pay Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng175 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 175 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 606 reviews

Productive, fun environment and hard working workplace.

The environment is good and the staff members are friendly and helpful. The problem is that there's a very high possibility you will work for many years without being a full time employee and the salary fluctuate depending on how management schedules you. Management personal changes frequently, so your performance goes unnoticed. Only full time staff and management personnel have financial security.

Productive and fun

Pnp Gallo Manor was the most fun store ever, Learned alot although pnp takes time to promote their employees from casual to permanent and the salary was not enough😕

Productive and nice working place

It's good and nice to work for pick n' Pay because u gain lot of experience and knowledge u you can become something u want to be because you get education if you want it and become something like e.g DJ for pick'n pay radio

Pros

Tea free

Cons

Normal hours

Productive and good team work

Productive, good team work, appreciate stuff when they do good job , always update stuff how they work previous day they rich target or not they always update you

Pros

We buy lunch with less price

Cons

Normal hours

Fast and challenging because of customer satisfaction and communication

Very nice and challenging work place, all is needed is to provide excellent customer service and problem solving. Overall nice place to work under act

Pros

At the beginning of my contract we do have free lunch.

Cons

Yes long hours are always there because your work is based on customer satisfaction.

Fun place

Hearing for short of ten rand. No excuses when you short you will pay. Name tacks are scars. They don't give us uniform you ask to people. Working overtime but not getting payed for those hours. We ask they wont respond

Pros

No lunch

Cons

8 hours

Fun and challenging

It is nice working at picknpay, their customer service is perfect, the management is kind and considerate. Their working hours are great also, their working environment is clean and neat.

Pros

Working benefits

Cons

Retail hours

Fun and experience a lot of things

U learn how to treat customers, friendliness must always shown to customers. Know how to count read and write. The management is good know how to count the stock, shelve packing.

Pros

Lunch us cheap you buy at staff lunch

Cons

9 hours per day

Fun workplace

The first day at pick n pay was scared shy at the same time exited.i live there team work perfect and some manager were rude calling me names and the store manager excellent she was professional she just want to see u work with love

Pros

Free food

Cons

Extra hours

You can grow within the company

When first join the company everything looks bright until I met certain challenges where by my effort and hardworking went unnoticed. Management can build or break you. Pick n Pay is a good company don't get me wrong, if i had good management who support his/her colleagues through thick and thin my service will be still rendered.

Pros

N/a

Cons

8hours

working as team worker is very important

I had a very good time working at pick n pay .working every day n see customers was my favorite hobby. I was always looking forward to see them in the next day. Making customers looking very happy was mu favorite part of my job.

Pros

1hours

Cons

13hours

You do grow have portunity to grow

Pick n pay is a wonderful company to work for but the only problem is , you don't get permanent employment. So u dont have any benifits . The company send u for the training in which ever way they can to make your job eazier . & management treat their their staff like family .

Productive and fun place to work at

I loved working there though due to personal issues i had to leave. I was working long hours than my collegues yet i never complained because i loved my job and i was enjoying it though over time was not paid 😞

Pros

Free luch sometime when theres store meeting

Cons

Long hours but no pay

It was a very nice place to work in, and the job was so comptentetive

I was enjoying to work for the company as i was helping the company to reach it goals. And i had never wait for a suppervisors to be behond me while doing my job

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Normal hours

I would like to work at pick n pay

To work brings happiness in my life I get New friends,new inviroment that I'm going to enjoy to have working brings Excellent life that I appreciated

Good

Cons

Fullf

A very healthy environment to be in

As i worked for that company, i learned alot and it grew my morals. Pick n pay is a very well place to work at. The stuff the is very welcoming, and whenever u willing to learn you are free to do so.

Pros

Lunch costs less

Cons

Pick and pay enhances employees to provide good service to customers

I love working at pick n pay because this company provides a good career growth opportunities for individuals and it's culture can be easily adapted to.

Pros

Great growth opportunities

Cons

Compromises job security because of long casual employment

Great but stressful

It is great company to work for but there are challenges. Eg long hours Stressful environment Poor Management You just need to get work done and forget about everything else. That is the nature of the beast. But I enjoyed working there

Good

It was a great opportunity working at pick N Pay as a cashier,had so much fun with customers.i wish I could get a job again and gain more experience..

Hard Working, Overtime and Reasonable Day Offs.

I had to spend most of the time at work. Mostly i learned how to use my pace and work under pressure. It thought me how to work together with my peers and be able to help where i could.

Pick n Pay is busy and challenging yet interesting to work for. My typical day start at 6am to 3pm but due to the need sometimes I work more hours to cover workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick n Pay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 606 reviews