Pick n Pay
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Pick n Pay Employee Reviews for Baker

Was fun at work i learned how to bake and to work as a team management was good to me the management was very friendly i enjoyed to work with them i enjoyed to work at pick n pay
Team work, working with people, time management, skills management, its where I developed more experience on cooking and baking skills, making clients feel satisfied ,I was also enjoying communication between the clients and workers
Pros
Day off
Cons
Working on shifts
Enjoyed working here because I gained more experience and more knowledge of working with people and how to keep your work place clean and retractable to customers.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Short hours
it was a great experience and I've learnt how to treat customers,how to deal with difficult clients.it was nice working with my manager and my colleagues because we we working as a team.the only thing that I didn't like there is that we were working overtimes without payment and transport. it is not easy to deal difficult customers with different minds but at least now I know and I've learnt how to work with people and team work,respect hard work is the best in the work place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
overtime without payment
every day was a buzy day and i learned alot about food and all the diffrent people and their diffrent personalities, managment was the best and my co workers was the best people i have evry worked with
Pros
off days
Cons
I'm working as a VTE. It is not a permanent job. As a mother of 4 i want something permanent for my children and the salary is flactuating. As a mother I need to have assurance of how much I have monthly to make a better feature for myself and my children.
Pros
I buy lunch for myself
Cons
Work for less than 40 hours per week
Proven ability to remain focused and self-directed in a fast paced work environment while dealing with conflicting demands. My main work was to run bakery from the back to the selling function. I have deep knowledge about bakery products.
Pros
Buy Food
Cons
Long Hours
Pick n pay its very productive company an its a fun place to work in all employees are so friendly and supportive, management listen to its employees an is accommodating
Pros
affordable lunch
Cons
long hours as overtime
I really enjoying what I do but where I work there is no growth professionally and financially. I am looking for change. I am a family man and growing everyday but my salary is not growing and life becomes more difficult. I have all the equipment and products that I need where I work which makes production an easy task. I know my way around the bakery, I enjoy working in a team learning and teaching.
Pros
Best products and equipments
Cons
professional and financial growth
all days were challenging ,but l always amanage . i have learned the team working and communication helps a lot to make work flow and get help where needed.management was the best. they always comunicate and help when we struggle to make orders. I loved working there and wish could go back for a managerial position. hardest part was when we got order from Bloemfontein late and had to be in a truck wthin 5hours time and we were short of staff.we asked help from management, who stoped production from other departments to help us.I had great fun when the company took us to Durban for christmas, bought us train tickets weekend.i enjoyed myself and got to know other people from other departments. I am a peoples person.like talking ,advising and sharing ideas. I do make freinds, family, but don't forget my job description.
Pros
we had free lunch at pick n' pay support bakery
Cons
i use to work 12 hour shift when we have big orders