Pick n Pay
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Pick n Pay Employee Reviews for Clerk

at pick n pay we working as a team, we working with different people with different cultures, we dealing with staff, customers, and suppliers. i gained lot of experience at pick n pay,
Pick and pay is the platform to explore and finding your extrovert talent since it has many fields such as culinary skills, vocally skills,etc but all of them falls under the name of spirit Ubuntu which is Customer service.
Pros
Birthday cakes to their members
Cons
Shift rates
I loved working at Pick n Pay as I learnt alot, also the staff as well as management are amazing always willing to teach, always willing to help so you never felt alone because the company overall is an extremely good one.
Pros
Free seminars
Cons
The woman especially in management think everyone else is beneath them. The attitude of management is deplorable. No respect or empathy towards the staff.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no overtime
Pick n pay is a wonderful company to work for but the only problem is , you don't get permanent employment. So u dont have any benifits . The company send u for the training in which ever way they can to make your job eazier . & management treat their their staff like family .
I am a hard worker Am not an absentisim Am friendly Am clean I am creative I know how to handle costomer I like to communicate with my team I am intelligent
A typical day at work will be that when you computer is on, all they want you to do is work and no talikng. I've learned that there is no time for team building and all you must do is work. Ther is very little communication between employee and employer. The only time they speak to you, is when there are problems.The workplace culture is not in a good state.The hardest part of the Job is that you are being treated as a child, The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to speak to the close colleagues.
Retail that deal with customers daily and is a open place when working with stuff,i learned to deal with customers daily and paying attetion to details toward the customers and giving them best services
It was nice working at the place mostly cost of colleagues that where lovely talkative work as a team even if someone did mistake whole team be there to help and correct the mistake cause we where working with roll tailors and pellets that are full of goods (food,toiletries ect) it was always hard when we have to make deliveries to many stores cause we where also serving family stores with stock taking.too much paper work ciaos in the floor cause of full roll tailors n pellets that block the way for fast picking and pickers have to make way to stage their orders cause we where working against the target everyday and trying to beat other teams. it was always enjoyable days when we have few stores cause we where finishing business of the day before time and help other departments with no pressure,finishing targets was always our happy moments cause when stores are few we where always make 100% record. management was lovely cause they teach where you struggling because we where using advanced scanners to scan goods that we loading to trucks and pick to the floor but when we have lot of stores attitude was changing and they become hash cause they want to make sure every deliveries are made and they are accurate accordingly i learn so much at the place how to work as a team how to reach targets in time and how to work with other race of people in different culture.i also learn what is business world is all about and how to handle good productivity to its best as how shareholders will want and need for the business future.
Pros
when we finish early we knock off before time of going home
Cons
we get overtime when work is overloaded
I have learn to work with customers everyday have learned a lot of thing in the food industry and what it is to work in a Family store. have learned to work in a team.
Pick n pay is a wonderful place to work due to he c,hallenges as i was working in admin and health and safety. It give me opportunity to learn and work with people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
I have leaned to deal with different people and suppliers over the years. I request invoices from the suppliers. Process invoices and handle queries as well as liaise with buyers via email and telephone. I have leaned to work in a team environment as well as thought myself to take initiative in administration and supplier queries.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Minimum growth in the department
Work was always challenging. I gained alot of admin and management skills. How to be responsible and take pride in what I did.I had a very good working relationship with co-workers. Worked well as a team member.Hardest part was if staff didn't do their share of making sales grow.I learned to be reliable.Conscientious and being challenged.
Start at 8am Process payments between 8 & 10 am Sort out queries Receive invoices from various divisions to be captured Immediate Supervisor, Departmental Supervisor, Assistanat Manager & Departmental Manager Co-workers are very co-operative,teamplayers & friendly Dealing with queries for to long,no feedback from divisions Dealing with different people from various divisions
Pros
No watchdog
Cons
30 mins lunch
When I started at PnP 2008 I soon came to the realization that this is a fantastic firm and I am still extremely proud to be associated with PnP. They are keen in the development of their staff members and management is extremely approachable. There is a mutual understanding amongst the co-workers that unity and harmony is the best way to approach any challenge we might face. The hardest part of my job is preparing to hand it over as PnP is centralizing the account activity in CPT as I have made my functions my own and have always carried out my duties with the utmost pride.
Pros
Pension, Medical aid, Gym and Canteen
Cons
Pick n Pay centralizing to CPT
Enjoy doing my work to the best of my abilities. Do Queries immidiatly if there is any. Give respect to earn respeck. Love working with them and as a team. A lot of stress need to be 100% accurate because it is peoples money im working with, in creditors was to make sure you have al the invoices and stateents in order to do the payments. When the payments was done and you see the smiles on the faces for the check and they tell you how good your are.
When we have to work as a team and.I have learned to work with a team and to be responsble.We work together as a team to achieve.The hardest part of the job is when experience high volume,we must try to work hard to skip our lunch so that we can produce.Printing and faxing cross border stores.
Pros
uniform
Cons
long hours (18h00 to 06h00)
not much to review as i was mostly doing the same thing although there were challenges sometimes but would have liked to be challenged on a daily basis .. with that said it was a good company to work for.
Pros
there was a discount on lunch and we never worked on public holidays unless it was overtime.
Cons
not really that many to mention