Pick n Pay
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Pick n Pay Employee Reviews for Merchandise Manager

This is a stable company that's been around for more than 40 years, with a good track record. They invest money in their employees by sending them for training. Because it's retail the hours are long and you work most weekends.
Pros
Medical Aid, Provident Fund, Thirteenth cheque
Cons
When first join the company everything looks bright until I met certain challenges where by my effort and hardworking went unnoticed. Management can build or break you. Pick n Pay is a good company don't get me wrong, if i had good management who support his/her colleagues through thick and thin my service will be still rendered.
Pros
N/a
Cons
8hours
I started with the company 1 July 1983 as a admin clerk maintaining the buyers Ledgers.In 1993 i was promoted to be trainee manager and 1995 I was appointed as assistant manager. In 1997 I was appointed with Full Manager Status doing Housewares Buying for Wonder Park Hyper.In 2000 I headed up the ARMS Advanced Retail Maintinance System(ARMS) a Backdoor Scanning Project for Nothern Region.After all sixteen stores were fitted with backdoor scanning, I moved to the inhouse Operational Auditing, whereby the five unbreakable commitments were audited which include the of customers comments.After nine years of auditing , I jòned the Hypers as a Sales and merchanding manager up till resently
Pros
Great fringe benefits
Cons
Very long hours and sometimes without compensation