Pick n Pay

Clear
3,4Work-Life Balance
3,6Management

Found 394 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 606 reviews

Productive, fun environment and hard working workplace.

The environment is good and the staff members are friendly and helpful. The problem is that there's a very high possibility you will work for many years without being a full time employee and the salary fluctuate depending on how management schedules you. Management personal changes frequently, so your performance goes unnoticed. Only full time staff and management personnel have financial security.

Worst place

Nothing was interesting about working there. The owner would be sitting in the office every single day checking how people work. Supervisors and managers are the worst because they act as if it's their store and you work for them

Pruductive & fun place

Friendly working environment and friendly staff. Management is ver friendly and patient with staff, they provide staff transport for those who knockoff late.

Toxic work culture, too much politics

Very long hours of work. No personal family life, especially if you have a wife and kids, you hardly see your familiy. Effort is not being noticed by the big bosses , very ungrateful, some of the big bosses don't know how to treat people with respect, they look down on you

Pros

Good salary, incentives for senior management, medical aid

Cons

Very long hours, no personal life

At The Office Doing Paperwork

It was great working at Pick N Pay,I enjoyed pricing & typing,no difficulties I've In counter,management was ambitious,would love to work there again.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

8 working hours

Growth

Pick n Pay is good and nice company to work for. They have good working standards with good culture. It all depends on the location of the store and management. Management can sometimes give a bad picture of pick n pay to newlyweds. Pick n Pay also pay good salary compared to shoprite-checkers, spar and others

You can grow careerwise , fun working there

I had the best management team and colleagues that i worked with .I was treated fairly and professionally. Its a great company to work for ,gained alot of experience.

Pros

Free coffee, provident fund, Uif, free uniform etc

Cons

None for me

Fun workplace

You have to deal with different kind of customers, some are kind and some are difficult, you have to satisfy both. They are frequently changing the CEOs and each and every CEO come with his own plan and it is frustrating to the employees. We are understaffed, we have to multi-task. They are giving management pressure and management puts pressure on staff. Overall it is the great company

Pros

Affordable meal for lunch

Cons

You got paid by the hours worked.. Sometimes you work more hours sometimes only few hours.

Okay company to work for but very stressful and no family life.

Okay company to work for but upper management is very poor. Planning and structure could be better. Worked with very limited resources and man power, hence you have to get hands on and your own work is left incomplete.

Pros

Salary good with 13th bonus.

Cons

Long and stressful hours. No family life. Working with very limited resources and man power.

It is a great place to be and you gain so much experience when it comes to customer service.

I was not happy with thier management. They cant communicate with their staff as a matter of fact you would report an incident they will listen but no action would be taken bt once your supervisor reports they are ready to take actions without hearing the other side of the story,other wise i gained so much experience on how to deal with different customers.

Cons

Fun and amazing working place,professionalism to the highest level.

Pick n pay is a good company amazing management great employees,and working hard people overall, good costumer care and very clean stuff,amazing communication between the stuff and costumers.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Productive workplace with the opportunity to grow within the company

Great and work friendly environment with the opportunity for growth. Teamwork is required. Staff members rate hourly exclusive of management. A minimum of we 110 hours is given to staff.

Great place to work at , fun and productive

Awkward and very long hours, hardly get weekends off. Management is always putting pressure on staff and would not embrace the company's values. There is so much room for growth and opportunities are always there. Employees are like family embracing the company's culture and showing empathy when serving customers everyday.

vibrant Workplace

pnp is the good company with excellent policies and solid career development programs. they offer/provide intense trainings and on the job programs and they have best medical aid as compare to other schemes. they also offer full support of bursaries and scholarships and job security 100% safe. written Policies and procedures provides fairness but they're inconsistent in practicing the policies

Pros

best Medical Aid

Cons

Poor Senior management work Ethics

Happy.. Funny.. Enjoyeble

What I learned on pick ed pay I learned that you must work hard ed make sure you don't do mistakes Everytime..... Most thing I enjoyable at this work no one force you to do what or what.

Pros

Cons

15 hours

Chef

I am a hard working and good listner always ready for any challenge Good management always keep us going he tyred everything to make the staff happy and I will be happy if u choose me on this job you won't regret

Fun and challenging

It is nice working at picknpay, their customer service is perfect, the management is kind and considerate. Their working hours are great also, their working environment is clean and neat.

Pros

Working benefits

Cons

Retail hours

Fun and experience a lot of things

U learn how to treat customers, friendliness must always shown to customers. Know how to count read and write. The management is good know how to count the stock, shelve packing.

Pros

Lunch us cheap you buy at staff lunch

Cons

9 hours per day

Stressful and demanding job

The work demanded lot of hours to put in. Less team work and lot of stereotyped behavior from other colleagues. Had great benefits and market related salary structure. Only the aggressive and violent minded individuals make it to senior management. Lot of internal politics and less room for innovation.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long hours and stressful

Front line

Working at pick n pay is very nice it's very uplifting and you get to work with customers and there's much more to learn . And the rules are so easy and you can always relay on your management and stuff .

Pros

Lunch times

Cons

1hour

Productive working place

Management was grate,salay wise was ok, enjoyed the experience the,and loved the working environment.wroking hours was grate .. learned alot...loved the uniform.

Pros

Less price for food

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick n Pay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 606 reviews