Pick n Pay

Clear
3,4Work-Life Balance
3,1Pay & Benefits

Found 623 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 606 reviews

Productive, fun environment and hard working workplace.

The environment is good and the staff members are friendly and helpful. The problem is that there's a very high possibility you will work for many years without being a full time employee and the salary fluctuate depending on how management schedules you. Management personal changes frequently, so your performance goes unnoticed. Only full time staff and management personnel have financial security.

Fun workplace

Pic and pay is a big company where by you see your life changes.working around there keeps you smiling and laughing always.most of the time you meet different people around the shop.

Pros

free food

Cons

7 to 7

There were some activities that we had to participate on such as dressing up and have competitions on public holidays.

My overall working experience at Pick n Pay was fun and exciting every day I have learned a lot and built authentic relationship with people (customers). I have become a better person.

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

long shifts varies based on busyness of the store

Toxic work culture, too much politics

Very long hours of work. No personal family life, especially if you have a wife and kids, you hardly see your familiy. Effort is not being noticed by the big bosses , very ungrateful, some of the big bosses don't know how to treat people with respect, they look down on you

Pros

Good salary, incentives for senior management, medical aid

Cons

Very long hours, no personal life

Pick n pay can make you grow your experience. But there is no money. There is free breakfast and lunch is cheap. This company gave me a lot of experience. Thanks to the employer

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Short hours

At The Office Doing Paperwork

It was great working at Pick N Pay,I enjoyed pricing & typing,no difficulties I've In counter,management was ambitious,would love to work there again.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

8 working hours

Growth

Pick n Pay is good and nice company to work for. They have good working standards with good culture. It all depends on the location of the store and management. Management can sometimes give a bad picture of pick n pay to newlyweds. Pick n Pay also pay good salary compared to shoprite-checkers, spar and others

You can grow careerwise , fun working there

I had the best management team and colleagues that i worked with .I was treated fairly and professionally. Its a great company to work for ,gained alot of experience.

Pros

Free coffee, provident fund, Uif, free uniform etc

Cons

None for me

Fun workplace

You have to deal with different kind of customers, some are kind and some are difficult, you have to satisfy both. They are frequently changing the CEOs and each and every CEO come with his own plan and it is frustrating to the employees. We are understaffed, we have to multi-task. They are giving management pressure and management puts pressure on staff. Overall it is the great company

Pros

Affordable meal for lunch

Cons

You got paid by the hours worked.. Sometimes you work more hours sometimes only few hours.

Productive and fun work

It's a very good company with good condition, good treatment n a better salary,it is very good in hygiene and have the benefits like provident fund,I really enjoyed working there I even regret leaving the company.

Pros

U buy coupon very cheap

Cons

Flexible hours

Productive and fun

Pnp Gallo Manor was the most fun store ever, Learned alot although pnp takes time to promote their employees from casual to permanent and the salary was not enough😕

I won't lie working there was a beautiful experience for me.

It's a nice company that cares a lot about it's employees. I enjoyed working there it was a wonderful opportunity. And they offer free transport for their staff as well.

Pros

They offer staff meal at a reasonable price

Cons

I don't think that they pay enough for the hours worked.

It was good to work there the uniform and staff

To working at pick and pay halp me a lot, I worked there as packer and I learn cashier. I moved to GMD non food department to work as an assistant.i really enjoyed

Pros

Tea lunch was 15 minutes and lunch break an hour

Cons

The hours are not constantly, you start different times in the morning

Okay company to work for but very stressful and no family life.

Okay company to work for but upper management is very poor. Planning and structure could be better. Worked with very limited resources and man power, hence you have to get hands on and your own work is left incomplete.

Pros

Salary good with 13th bonus.

Cons

Long and stressful hours. No family life. Working with very limited resources and man power.

Very productive It was very nice

My view I wish they can change the way they treat there employees because it's not nice to go to work knowing that you won't treated nicely anyway everything was very fine

Pros

Bring your own lunch

Cons

Normal hours with overtime

focused on customer centricity , high paced u learn a lot from your managers

Excellent working conditions , a lot of growth opportunities benifits include med aid if you permanent generally I would recommend working at pick n pay

Pros

Free breakfast, Free coffee n tea, You, generally start late 10:h00

Cons

Long hours, You work on weekends, You work on public holidays, You work a month in advance You generally finish late after store closes

Productive and a happy work. It's like spending your time with your family

I enjoyed each and every sec I spend at Pick n pay. That was my happy place, whenever I had a problem my boss would help me overcome that kinda problem.

Pros

Tea time with free food parcels

Cons

Productive and nice working place

It's good and nice to work for pick n' Pay because u gain lot of experience and knowledge u you can become something u want to be because you get education if you want it and become something like e.g DJ for pick'n pay radio

Pros

Tea free

Cons

Normal hours

Fun and amazing working place,professionalism to the highest level.

Pick n pay is a good company amazing management great employees,and working hard people overall, good costumer care and very clean stuff,amazing communication between the stuff and costumers.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Fun exciting and great job

Pick n pay is the best shop in South Africa and it was great for me to be a part of pick n pay for many years it helped me to get experience it also helped lot of people to get experience they need.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive busy work place

My experience working there has been great it thought me alot on how to deal with customers and people in general it keeps me motivated to work harder.

Pros

Double pay on public holidays

Cons

Excessive work and long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick n Pay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 606 reviews

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,1 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Pick n Pay
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?