Planet Fitness
Planet Fitness Employee Review

Interesting but very stressful

24 April 2020
Learnt to work with different cultures and also taught me a lot about individuals and how they handle and cope with stress. Best part of the job was meeting all the clients and getting to know them. Hardest part was the long hours, not being able to spend time with my family.
1,0
10 September 2018
Same role
Sales Manager (Former Employee) - Bedfordview, Gauteng
One can tell an awful lot about a company and what they think of their staff when you see their staff room. How many staff rooms you think Planet Fitness has for their 40 plus gyms? ...ZERO they do not have a single staff room in any of their clubs nationally.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
No weekends off and long hours
5,0
12 May 2020
Same location
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee) - Brackenfell, Western Cape
Typical Day at work - would be relaxed until Peak Time, and that is when you have to take control of your position there- the mission Is for the access point at Reception to run smoothly esp. during Peak Hours. If you can manage to assist at least two people at a time and stay calm, you will be fit for this position. The best time to put your smiley face on is PEAKTIME, the clients enjoy interacting with the front desk staff. Therefore being helpful by nature is important and having expectational communication skills to build to positive relationship with clients is your key to have a successful day. Learning - in my experience I enjoy it the most, the more I knew the more I could perform with excellence at my job, I loved the clients and I loved my team. Training is essential in that environment, so be sure you are open to learn. Culture- Friendly, fast paced, teamwork is expectational, depending what energy you give out. Well, the hardest part of my job was arriving on time, it was my biggest challenge but nonetheless my duties weren't challenging esp., when you love communicating and interacting with great people from different. The most enjoyable part of my shift, was successfully helping people and it gave me great satisfaction to know that 99% of my clients was satisfied with the service at the front desk, and established a trusting relationship was satisfying, the little gestures from the clients made it worthwhile for me to come back to work the next, it gave me a sense a purpose. Management is Helpful and Willing to provide training when needed, - more...
Pros
Access to train and use the facilities
Cons
Working Hours
5,0
21 November 2020
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) - Illovo, Gauteng
Friendly staff always willing to assist. Management leadership is top range!!Was given a fair opportunity to build career foundation, FM and MD open door policy.
Pros
Discount at selected sports store