Planet Fitness
Planet Fitness Employee Review

Poor management

1,0
5 February 2020
If you want to be happy even doing whqt you already love, stay away from this company. If you're starting your career as a Personal Trainer and you want it to be successful, stay away from here. They cancelled the great special about them which was 3 months free rent for PTs so they're like VA. BUT unlike VA, they don't even try to help you or negotiate when you owe they just block you access at the gym and you can't make money to pay them ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
2,0Work/Life Balance
5,0
31 October 2017
Same role
Group Exercise Trainer (Current Employee) - Cape Town
I've learnt in my current role everyone have their own goals and you as an instructor need to meet every individuals goals by progression to everyone's fitness level. Management is very friendly and helpful in all means. Work enviroment is very diversity and open to all which make it pleasent and joyful. Most enjoyable part is seeing the progress of the clients and to ensure they are happy and satisified with my service. I've built a good clientele based and is open to all. Hardest part of it all is that Cape Town is facing water crisis which affects members participation within the gym due to now water to shower, other than that everything is good.
Pros
Meeting new and exciting people
Cons
System issues
4,0
6 June 2014
Same role
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) - Cape Town, WC
Planning with clients their individual needs and help set-up individual goals. ยท Structuring of and time management of the various classes to better suite myself and my clients needs. ยท Liaising with my fellow instructors to ensure that optimal training
1,0
24 November 2020
sales manager (Former Employee) - Craighall Park, Gauteng
1, I reported to the regional manager sales. Planet has set standard of management which does not allow to apply your initiative Planet has very bad working hours which causes problems in your marital family life. As a sales person your income flactuates to much to be able to budget.
Pros
You learn sales better
Cons
No family life