Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 127 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,292 reviews

Productive and fun work place with ethical culture.

I would work for PF again with more improved responsibilities and renumeration yes, and maybe revised hours and not really much about freebies. I could do very well being assigned more managerial position since I believe in my capabilities and honestyans the drive in me.

Demotivating with the management

Low salaries with very long hours and no benefits. You are required to work shifts with very low income and very long hours. The are zero company benefits and no yearly increments on salaries and no 13th cheques at the end of the year or on your birthday.

Pros

Fun gym environment

Cons

Low income, long hours

Demotivating

It's depends. You gain lots of face to face interactions with members. You learn how to deal with different types of people and you learn more about yourself as you find yourself in different situations. Management is okay, most managers are not experienced.The work place culture is dependent on your manager. The hardest part of the job is that you have to motivate yourself more than anything. Giving your members magic moments

Pros

Free membership for yourself and one other person

Cons

Long hours. No growth. The salary. No bonuses

No salary on the promised day

Working at planet fitness they will promise you heaven and earth but no salary no comunication worked for 3 months no salary and they make false promises all the time

Pros

Short breaks

Cons

Very good environment to learn sales but not a good company to work for

1, I reported to the regional manager sales. Planet has set standard of management which does not allow to apply your initiative Planet has very bad working hours which causes problems in your marital family life. As a sales person your income flactuates to much to be able to budget.

Pros

You learn sales better

Cons

No family life

Fast phased, lots of growth opportunities

Friendly staff always willing to assist. Management leadership is top range!!Was given a fair opportunity to build career foundation, FM and MD open door policy.

Pros

Discount at selected sports store

Motivating and fast paced

Management is supportive towards employeesShifts couldve been shorter or split on weekends and public holidaysI never had issues with management in general

Pros

Growth Opportunities

Cons

Great vibe and atmosphere, friendly interaction amongst staff and members, health and fitness at the forefront of our image

Great place to work if you are into sports and health and fitness. Nice people and overall superb environment. Competitive and challenging. My experience working for Planet Fitness was amazing - I was part of a great sales team and the manager was engaging and supportive.

Pros

Get to use the fascilities, two hour lunch break

Cons

Long hours, seven days of the week

Unorganized

Management was unfairly treating people, favoritism, lack in training. Staff members were being under paid for long hours, organized shifts, disrespectful treatment from admin.

They need to provide growth opportunities

The company has a lot of opportunities however they do not provide growth opportunities to their internal employees. I found myself training 2 reception managers and other senior as well as junior receptionists from other clubs in which one of the receptionist managers was gonna be a reception manager in my club

Productive and easy going as long as you doing your duties accordingly

Typical Day at work - would be relaxed until Peak Time, and that is when you have to take control of your position there- the mission Is for the access point at Reception to run smoothly esp. during Peak Hours. If you can manage to assist at least two people at a time and stay calm, you will be fit for this position. The best time to put your smiley face on is PEAKTIME, the clients enjoy interacting with the front desk staff. Therefore being helpful by nature is important and having expectational communication skills to build to positive relationship with clients is your key to have a successful day. Learning - in my experience I enjoy it the most, the more I knew the more I could perform with excellence at my job, I loved the clients and I loved my team. Training is essential in that environment, so be sure you are open to learn. Culture- Friendly, fast paced, teamwork is expectational, depending what energy you give out. Well, the hardest part of my job was arriving on time, it was my biggest challenge but nonetheless my duties weren't challenging esp., when you love communicating and interacting with great people from different. The most enjoyable part of my shift, was successfully helping people and it gave me great satisfaction to know that 99% of my clients was satisfied with the service at the front desk, and established a trusting relationship was satisfying, the little gestures from the clients made it worthwhile for me to come back to work the next, it gave me a sense a purpose. Management is Helpful and Willing to provide training when needed, -

Pros

Access to train and use the facilities

Cons

Working Hours

Thee worst place

If one is offered a job here,please ensure that you’re looking for something else the place is torture everyday . There is no growth at all.Just stagnation

Pros

New experiences everyday

Cons

Overworked staff

Administration from presales into Mega Club

Left Planet Fitness abruptly after 4 years of dedication which i regret everyday Best job Best boss Equity in line with Fairness Ive became socially interactive and did a job well done. The drive or targets and daily activity keeps one active

Interesting but very stressful

Learnt to work with different cultures and also taught me a lot about individuals and how they handle and cope with stress. Best part of the job was meeting all the clients and getting to know them. Hardest part was the long hours, not being able to spend time with my family.

Working in this company was so hard.

Working at this company it wasn't a good idea for me, but because i really needed a job i didn't have a choice the owner of that cleaning company his so selfish he thinks of himself.

It was a great job

Work friendly . members were great and my boss was so nice . I learnt lot of this even admin and doing the payroll making ensure that the clients are well welcome

postive work environment and very fun

the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people everyday all day working on their health. being able to help clients with their goals and learning about them as a human beings was very satisfying.

Sales targets

Treat your fellow colleague as you would like to be treated, I was great professional. Help me improve my time management . Help build confidence be goal oriented

I had a fruitful and great working experience at Planet Fitness

It was fast pace and very demanding. But pleasant. Great staff and great managment. Members were often times difficult,but that is were great member client skills come into play.

Poor management

If you want to be happy even doing whqt you already love, stay away from this company. If you're starting your career as a Personal Trainer and you want it to be successful, stay away from here. They cancelled the great special about them which was 3 months free rent for PTs so they're like VA. BUT unlike VA, they don't even try to help you or negotiate when you owe they just block you access at the gym and you can't make money to pay them 🙄🙄🙄

Not sure

Was a great place. Staff members were great. Great hours. But unfortunately not correctly managed. Many membership problems, that sometimes were not solved in time. But I enjoyed the years that I was there. Gained alot of experience etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,5 K
1,4 K
1,1 K

• Planet Fitness
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?