Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape15 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 6 154 reviews

Very productive and all staff very motivated and happy to work there

I enjoyed working at planet fitness Claremont.... Started off as a floor custodian and moved my way up to club general manager.... The culture and staff was awesome at planet Claremont and i loved going to work everyday.

Pros

Was close to home for me and was close to shopping centre

Cons

Hours was long but good

Learn from my mistakes

The worst and most toxic work culture I have ever experienced. They show no interest in developing their staff and are only focused on sales. They do not care about their members or their staff. The only people that matter to them are those that work at head office or are able to bend the knee.....

Pros

Cons

The entire job

Productive and fun times

My time at planet fitness was very career uplifting. Met up with elite trainers who accentuated my fitness knowledge to greater heights. We had fun while working which Ade us cohere well together.

Workplace

Fun dynamic environment really love the gym life and changing people's lives through fitness and health and change of life style and outdoor sales were the best

Pros

Lunch

Fun workplace

Great place to work. It is fast paced which helps makes the shifts go by quickly. The most enjoyable part of this job for me is the great group of people that you work with every day and also the work benefits are very good. (discounts at certain stores) But, the minimum wage rate is too low for the amount of hours worked.

Sales Associate for Gym Contracts

A typical day would comprise of contacting prospects and cold calling until a client would have an interest in the Gym Contract.Once that was established we would invite them in for a meeting and a trial, then they would sign a specific length contract.

Pros

Started well but the Salary was not that great

Cons

No Advancement

Great Place to wrok at

Planet fitnes is a great place to work at but the salary is way to litte for the hours worked and the management is not friendly at all. Planet fitness has no benefits and do not pay public Holidays

Fun and lively environment

I've learnt in my current role everyone have their own goals and you as an instructor need to meet every individuals goals by progression to everyone's fitness level. Management is very friendly and helpful in all means. Work enviroment is very diversity and open to all which make it pleasent and joyful. Most enjoyable part is seeing the progress of the clients and to ensure they are happy and satisified with my service. I've built a good clientele based and is open to all. Hardest part of it all is that Cape Town is facing water crisis which affects members participation within the gym due to now water to shower, other than that everything is good.

Pros

Meeting new and exciting people

Cons

System issues

Your Home away from home

early start 5 am everyday had its own story to tell and learned how to handle differernt chases on and daily bases different issues withtin in floor and trainer and sales always finding the correct termology to keep everyone at easy and the fact that you always on your toes love it

Sales

Planet Fitness is a good company to get sales experience and learn how to hit target despite obstacles. This is not the ideal place to work if you have a family as it will affect the time spent with loved ones.

Pros

Use of facility

Cons

Too long hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Planet Fitness?

There is nothing fun or productive bout planet fitness

I've been working at this place for a long time & there has been no progress in my life.I feel i'm stagnant in this place so i need to do something more challenging and exciting.

Fun working enviroment

Its a fun and vibrant place to work at and all staff are helpful and productive. I learned that team work is imperative. The hardest past was working shifts sometimes all night as Planet Fitness is a 24h club.

Pros

Free gyming

Cons

Shift Work

Fitness

Planning with clients their individual needs and help set-up individual goals. · Structuring of and time management of the various classes to better suite myself and my clients needs. · Liaising with my fellow instructors to ensure that optimal training

Fast paced and exciting with new challenges monthly/daily

I am a senior receptionist , my day consist of data entry , answering the switchboard , doing salaries , scheduling shift rosters , The management is a great team and I enjoy working with them my co-workers are also very good team players and are all open for new ideas Hardest part of my job is not being able to satisfy guest every single day to the fullest The most important/enjoyable part of my job is keeping my guest happy as much as I can going that extra mike to satisfy a guest and also developing and keeping my staff happy

Pros

Free lunch, free accomodation, free travel, free laptop, free cell phone and telephone allowence

Cons

1 day off a week

I learnt alot and had fun.

- Welcome desk agent- Dealing with client queries- Balancing Petty cash- Receipting of contracts and payments- Stats stock control- Recon for vouchers and tags- Telephone- Etiquette- Booking appointments- Manual visits- Access tag refunds- Resolution queries- Freezing’s- Retention – cancellationsGot a whole lot of new freinds

Pros

free gym membership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 6 154 reviews