Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

It was fast pace and very demanding. But pleasant. Great staff and great managment. Members were often times difficult,but that is were great member client skills come into play.
the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people everyday all day working on their health. being able to help clients with their goals and learning about them as a human beings was very satisfying.
Great experience, met lots of influential people who have impacted my life very positively. The company took us to training on all the latest fitness trends that where coming into the industry to meet with the International standards.
Pros
Discounts for gym sign up referrals.
Cons
My time working for planet fitness was one where I had the opportunity to gain a mass amount of knowledge. My people skills improved vastly and my communication skills grew greatly.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
The work place is fun, I learnt plenty. Very demanding and leaves no time for family/ Must be flexible and highly adaptive because of the long working hours and the possibility to be relocated to a different club.
Pros
free gym accessibility
Cons
No benefits or stability
At planetfitness i enjoy working because they understand people if you have problem my duty was to do cleaning in the morning and evening just to check everthing is clean in the gym
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
A nice environment to work in with very nice clients and fully equipt gym. everything a trainer could need in the gym is supplied and its in a very nice location
Pros
Working your own hours
Cons
Not enough clientelle
Planet Fitness was a wonderful way to get into the fitness arena. Starting in events and ending up in gym management was a great way to understand the business
Pros
Innovative company
Cons
wanted to grow too quickly
I enjoyed my time at Planet Fitness, It was a bit diffrent to other employment I've experienced, with regards to working hours and salary but I felt like I thrived in it. Unfortunatly I felt the opportunity for growth was a bit limited.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unstable income
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Planet Fitness?
meeting new people everyday was what excited me the most, i learned how to be patient, co workers were very friendly, having to excersice while pregnant was exhausting.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
going out to recruit members os streets
working at this company had many challenges,first you had to reach your target everyday ,the inviromemt was good my job was customer service ,the customers were the most important n welcoming them was my job
Cons
Wonderful company to work for, interaction with people on all different levels, I have learnt a great deal working here,
Pros
Free Tarining
Cons
long hours but your co-workers help you never to give up and fail yourself because there alot of people counting on you to achieve and be the best you can be in life hardest part is the long hours but at the end of the day its worth it because you get to achieve
Pros
Cons
long hours commission structure bad
Working here you be will part of a great team. The people make the company tick. Its a small company and close nit family and you'll be made to achieve your company and personal goals.
Productive and fun workplace. There are opportunities for the ambitious. Working at a gym give you free access to one of the best health clubs in South Africa.
in both companies the workplace was a fun filled area.There people there were glad to be there because they knew that we will b motivated to achiech and reach our targets and personal goals i learned that a dairy can be a guide for u to reach everything you need in life.hardest part of the jobs were to get leads because not everyone wants what you selling so i had help from my fellow co-workers to help me close a client The most enjoyable part of the job was we all were looking out for each other and there was no bad day at work everyday was a good day because we a good manager how motivated us and told us to forget about the past days and focus on the today and the coming days ahead
Cons
two hours overtime if needed
Enthusiastic individual exuding infectious energy encouraging teamwork, dedication and sense of loyalty with colleagues. Professional with excellent communication skills, comfortable negotiator at all business levels. Go getter attitude with no task being too great, focussing on performance excellence and business delivery.
It is a good company to work for especially if u are a health conscious person and when you know that one always has to feel good about themselves and that not taking good care of oneself can lead to dangerous diseases, Good co-workers ,lovely place to spend the whole day
I learnt that a team and not an individual makes a success of the work environment. A day was full of many but small activities which have to be completed timeously. the company was still new so management was still also finding its footing in terms of placing procedures and protocols. The ing the extra hardest part was putting in the extra hours in order to make money for myself. sometimes I will have work 24 hours non stop only to rest for a few hours to return to work. I thoroughly enjoyed the free workout
Pros
you get to be fit and healthy for free
Cons
long hour shifts
Professional and result driven. The company is service based and attention is given to members welfare and needs. Planetfitness is growing every year leading to increase in its legal entities to 28 in 2014
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Need for motivation
A typical day at work would be having the privelage of teaching people how to swim . i learnt to have alot more patience with certain people . i hardly saw any of the management staff . my co-workers were awesome , fun to work with , and helped me alot . I would say the hardest part of the job was job security , and a commision based salary . The most enjoyable part of this job , having fun in the water .
Pros
i love sport in general so this job was fun
Cons
job security, pay