Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

Planet Fitness - Lynnwood is a wonderful gym to work at and gain the level of understanding how to work with all types of people. Learning to interact wirh several people, motivate people and work with people from what they need when it comes ro their specific body types and what each person wants to accomplish. Weither it is loosing weight or building muscle, Planet Fitness told me that hard work does pay off in a sense when it comes to realistic goals being met on a consistent basis. Planet Fitness shows discipline, character, perserverance, positive mindset and a tweeked mental mindet rhat improves anybodies overall lifestyle if a person truly commits to one's goals daily.
Pros
When I used to work at Planet Fitness I could gym for free
Cons
Management is supportive towards employeesShifts couldve been shorter or split on weekends and public holidaysI never had issues with management in general
Pros
Growth Opportunities
Cons
1.I always focus on results and looking forward on doing what I need to do on a day. 2.I have learned to work with other people and respect them and their opinions 3. help and compliments from management 4. workplace culture, Give best service to our existing clients and new 5 hardest going home with out a sale. 6. working together as family and support each other to achieve our goals.
Good company, no benefits, long hours and low salaries. Very little growth. Good place to start, experience is few but working with people experiences are great.
I am hard working person who doesn't mind to work on her own and with other people, very passionate with office job, very humble, good communicate and listen alternative before I answer a question.
Was fun to work at the company. The environment was positive and the people were very friendly. Management always ensured that the employees was always motivated and happy.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Unflexible working hours
was a great company as they are growing but the managers and support team is poor and they victomise everyone. poor labour practice in terms of pregnt
I enjoyed working at planet fitness because i came in with one years experience in sales and they taught me a lot and have made me the best i can be at my job.
It was fun working there, the stuff was marvellous.The team work was very strong and working there was quite a challenge but at the end of the day i benefited alot, i was really motivated by the sfuff.
Pros
11am to 12 am
Cons
8hours
The company requires people to work shifts sometimes very late working hours but it was manageable, they pay fair salaries and their salaries are paid at the time when they are due. The management listens and despond to the workers needs. Duties are manageable because training is provided before one tarts working at a certain position.
Pros
Incentives for good perfomances
Cons
Very late and Very earky working hours.
handling customer queries, fitness training ,reception work , cold calling ,handling new subscribers and working flexible hours.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no company benefits
Top management need to work on the following: Management/staff relationship -Staff such as cleaners, floor custodians, maintenance techs and receptionists
In all honesty, my co-workers made the atmosphere much better for me. We are all in the same situation, and found comfort from one another. A typical day at work, was phoning leads and clients, meeting with them, walking them through the gym and showing them all of our facilities and services. Then we would sit and talk about which membership would best suit them. The most difficult part of working for Planet Fitness, was by far, having to be dishonest to clients. But that is what management expected from us. I made many sales, and did not receive any of the commission that I was promised. When confronted, the managers and the sales director said that there was nothing that they could or would do for me. I have recently gotten married, so to say the least, this has been a very difficult time for us. The racism was another issue, I can joke around with the best of them, but the name calling was taken to the extreme and caused a lot of negativity in and out of work.
Pros
My wife and I got to work out for free.
Cons
I worked very long hours, only spending an hour a night with my wife.
my first marketing day in the field at planet fitness, i proved myself by managing to sign deals more 4year experienced consultant at this branch,friendliness to co -workers help to motivate yourself at work.when i became a friend of everybody at the company i got many ideas and open competition form senior workers in the industry,however this help me to grow fast in company.our club was the smallest and has the least facilities than any other branch in the country.this create a big challenge of we were closer virgin active which has world class facilities than any other companies around.the most enjoyable part was the company promotional criteria,he used to appoint the highest performer among consultant to be the supervisor despite the experience or your duration in the company. As a result i became the supervisor in three weeks of employment in this company
Pros
free membership including anyone of a consultant's choice to have a membership
Cons
flexible time but the work itself requires you to work long hours as for 8am to 9pm