Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Great place to work. It is fast paced which helps makes the shifts go by quickly. The most enjoyable part of this job for me is the great group of people that you work with every day and also the work benefits are very good. (discounts at certain stores) But, the minimum wage rate is too low for the amount of hours worked.
Management was unfairly treating people, favoritism, lack in training. Staff members were being under paid for long hours, organized shifts, disrespectful treatment from admin.
If one is offered a job here,please ensure that you’re looking for something else the place is torture everyday . There is no growth at all.Just stagnation
Pros
New experiences everyday
Cons
Overworked staff
Work friendly . members were great and my boss was so nice . I learnt lot of this even admin and doing the payroll making ensure that the clients are well welcome
Equity need to be enforced White monopoly capitalism need to end As first pretence is always given to whites.the Hr need to take control of all hr relatated matters not CGM
Having a typical day at work will be not having a busy day with few members accessing the club few queries to attend to. Everyday at planet fitness is a learning day u gat to learn different things from different people such as how u supposed to greet meet and talk.management should be fair at all times.
Kind staff which makes the workplace pleasant. Environment very energetic and fast paced. Long working hours. Ideal for people with good people skills.
Pros
Free access to gym facilities and classes
Cons
Its very nice and everyone works together and work out problems and help where ever they can and stand by each other .Whe are an strong team of young people that support not just our staff group but also our members and whe try to supply the members with our best at heart.
Pros
Most weakends off
Cons
Professional yet layed back enviroment. Working closely with customers face to face and telephonically on a daily basis. Building relationships with customers.
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Cons
Late shifts
admin work, greeting visitors, answering phone calls. Customer service. The management was very nice. The workplace culture was ok. working long hours. Meeting famous people.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Working at Planet Fitness was a great experience. I met awesome people whom I will never forget. The hours is just impossible, upon that was the gym far from me, so driving girl alone was a bit risky.
Pros
45% off at Ouma
Cons
The company has to give young people a chance to learn things and grow within the company matters not the experience. The management needs to be productive and listen to every concern of each employee. they also need to review employees salary looking at their performance not their skin colour
Pros
Exercise for free
Cons
The company requires people to work shifts sometimes very late working hours but it was manageable, they pay fair salaries and their salaries are paid at the time when they are due. The management listens and despond to the workers needs. Duties are manageable because training is provided before one tarts working at a certain position.
Pros
Incentives for good perfomances
Cons
Very late and Very earky working hours.
Planet Fitness is a awesome gym staff always friendly and helpful, I enjoy working here never a dull moment. I really enjoy meeting new people with different characters. The hardest part of my job is the working hours I guest waking up early to open at 5 in the morning is not for everyone, but I got use to it. You get to know your members afterwards and make new friends daily is the part I enjoy most
Pros
Lunch
Cons
It is a very good work place for the great and good exposure in the adminstration department.I find it fun and it makes me a better person each and everyday as l meet and help different people work related.The management is vibrant that allows me as an employee to learn a lot from them and incorporate the positive skills to my own personality.
being at work was great. my favourite part of the day was whole day. because I could interact with people, and I love people.my colleagues were always motivated and fun ,they were great to around.
Pros
could gym for free and bring someone with
Cons
really uncomfortable hours
Dealt with different and regular members to gym, learnt excellent Switchboard skill and great Customer service skill. Took orders from management and had great relation with colleagues and trainers. The hard part of the job was standing form the time you get to work but got used to it as time went on. The most enjoyable part was interacting with guest making them feel welcome and solving problems.
Pros
Get togethers
Cons
Standing for long hours
I learnt that a team and not an individual makes a success of the work environment. A day was full of many but small activities which have to be completed timeously. the company was still new so management was still also finding its footing in terms of placing procedures and protocols. The ing the extra hardest part was putting in the extra hours in order to make money for myself. sometimes I will have work 24 hours non stop only to rest for a few hours to return to work. I thoroughly enjoyed the free workout
Pros
you get to be fit and healthy for free
Cons
long hour shifts
A typical day meant dealing with clients everyday, answering phones, dealing with contratcs and complaints. It was a fun, vibrant environment. I got along with my co-workers very well and am still in contact with them. I think the hardest part about working there was dealing with clients who thought they were right even after you explained that you yourself can unfortunately not change anything. The best part about working there were the people I worked with, it was fun and you were always busy or learning something new.
Member Resolution,Resolving General queries,Send reports to the CGM daily,Banking,Answering Telephones in an accurate manner,taking of Messages,dDoing work roasters and Greet and Meet clients.
Pros
incentives
Cons
long working hours