Planet Fitness

South Africa24 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 6 154 reviews

Productive and fun

Planet is a good company , with hard working staff . In the time I have been here I have learned how to work with people , deal with queries and customers , My Manager has been a delight to work with and so is the rest of the staff .

Fun members

They are just interested in one opinion of their own.... They don't care about you, you are just a robot to them... And when they are done with you they will spit you out

Pros

Cons

No breaks

They can create a more healthy work environment

Just plain lack of integrity from senior management, in that they tend to manipulate the work due processes putting other employees in compromising positions

Demotivating

It's depends. You gain lots of face to face interactions with members. You learn how to deal with different types of people and you learn more about yourself as you find yourself in different situations. Management is okay, most managers are not experienced.The work place culture is dependent on your manager. The hardest part of the job is that you have to motivate yourself more than anything. Giving your members magic moments

Pros

Free membership for yourself and one other person

Cons

Long hours. No growth. The salary. No bonuses

Unorganized

Management was unfairly treating people, favoritism, lack in training. Staff members were being under paid for long hours, organized shifts, disrespectful treatment from admin.

Thee worst place

If one is offered a job here,please ensure that you’re looking for something else the place is torture everyday . There is no growth at all.Just stagnation

Pros

New experiences everyday

Cons

Overworked staff

It was a great job

Work friendly . members were great and my boss was so nice . I learnt lot of this even admin and doing the payroll making ensure that the clients are well welcome

I did not enjoy working the

Equity need to be enforced White monopoly capitalism need to end As first pretence is always given to whites.the Hr need to take control of all hr relatated matters not CGM

Challenging and active environment

Having a typical day at work will be not having a busy day with few members accessing the club few queries to attend to. Everyday at planet fitness is a learning day u gat to learn different things from different people such as how u supposed to greet meet and talk.management should be fair at all times.

Fun workplace

Great place to work. It is fast paced which helps makes the shifts go by quickly. The most enjoyable part of this job for me is the great group of people that you work with every day and also the work benefits are very good. (discounts at certain stores) But, the minimum wage rate is too low for the amount of hours worked.

Fun workplace

Kind staff which makes the workplace pleasant. Environment very energetic and fast paced. Long working hours. Ideal for people with good people skills.

Pros

Free access to gym facilities and classes

Cons

Not a healthy work environment

You stand 8 hours in reception. You deal with customers who have their money stolen and are rude. Overtime is not compensated for in anyway. They also want you to look like a barbie doll.

Pros

Access to any Gym

Cons

Long hours and no compensation

Gun place nice staff members

Its very nice and everyone works together and work out problems and help where ever they can and stand by each other .Whe are an strong team of young people that support not just our staff group but also our members and whe try to supply the members with our best at heart.

Pros

Most weakends off

Cons

A very good and professional work enviroment

Professional yet layed back enviroment. Working closely with customers face to face and telephonically on a daily basis. Building relationships with customers.

Pros

Fun working enviroment

Cons

Late shifts

Very Productive

admin work, greeting visitors, answering phone calls. Customer service. The management was very nice. The workplace culture was ok. working long hours. Meeting famous people.

Pros

Tips

Fun, just long hours

Working at Planet Fitness was a great experience. I met awesome people whom I will never forget. The hours is just impossible, upon that was the gym far from me, so driving girl alone was a bit risky.

Pros

45% off at Ouma

Cons

Dull and no growth within the company

The company has to give young people a chance to learn things and grow within the company matters not the experience. The management needs to be productive and listen to every concern of each employee. they also need to review employees salary looking at their performance not their skin colour

Pros

Exercise for free

Cons

Planet fitness is a company that hires according to the qulifications for a specific job, there is non discrimination regarding ethnic group or race

The company requires people to work shifts sometimes very late working hours but it was manageable, they pay fair salaries and their salaries are paid at the time when they are due. The management listens and despond to the workers needs. Duties are manageable because training is provided before one tarts working at a certain position.

Pros

Incentives for good perfomances

Cons

Very late and Very earky working hours.

Productive and Fun Workplace

It is a very good work place for the great and good exposure in the adminstration department.I find it fun and it makes me a better person each and everyday as l meet and help different people work related.The management is vibrant that allows me as an employee to learn a lot from them and incorporate the positive skills to my own personality.

fun and productive work enviroment

being at work was great. my favourite part of the day was whole day. because I could interact with people, and I love people.my colleagues were always motivated and fun ,they were great to around.

Pros

could gym for free and bring someone with

Cons

really uncomfortable hours

Serious about Business

Dealt with different and regular members to gym, learnt excellent Switchboard skill and great Customer service skill. Took orders from management and had great relation with colleagues and trainers. The hard part of the job was standing form the time you get to work but got used to it as time went on. The most enjoyable part was interacting with guest making them feel welcome and solving problems.

Pros

Get togethers

Cons

Standing for long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 6 154 reviews