Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

MRM was an exciting working environment I’ve ever been in. Very professional and there was always room to grow and improve yourself. After a certain amount of calls dialed there was prizes to be won, just complementing the work you had done and more work that still had to be done so the benefits would always drive you to do your job perfectly because you always had something to look forward to
Pros
Leave early when weekly or daily target had been reached.
Cons
1.I always focus on results and looking forward on doing what I need to do on a day. 2.I have learned to work with other people and respect them and their opinions 3. help and compliments from management 4. workplace culture, Give best service to our existing clients and new 5 hardest going home with out a sale. 6. working together as family and support each other to achieve our goals.
Fun dynamic environment really love the gym life and changing people's lives through fitness and health and change of life style and outdoor sales were the best
Pros
Lunch
Cons
A typical day would comprise of contacting prospects and cold calling until a client would have an interest in the Gym Contract.Once that was established we would invite them in for a meeting and a trial, then they would sign a specific length contract.
Pros
Started well but the Salary was not that great
Cons
No Advancement
I enjoyed working at planet fitness because i came in with one years experience in sales and they taught me a lot and have made me the best i can be at my job.
A typical day at work is me happy to ,meet and greet people and ofcause deal with the different kinds of querys that clients have and solve them. I learn alot from work.for e.g the fact that there are different kinds of individuals that one deals with in a day and that you have to find different approach to each person Great managers build a great team work and how a manager treats his employees determines the productivity of the workplace Our workplace culture is the friendship that we promote... as much as there's professionalism we still see it correct to have a much more friendlier environment The hardest part of the job is ofcause the hard times where pressure hits all of us and more work is required to meet business target but ofcause it becomes alot more fun cause we do it as a team The most enjoyable part is the part where all of the hard work pays off...
Pros
incentives for acceptional contribution towards the companies target
Cons
long hours and over times that arent payed for
Communication was important, creativity was key. Creative the urgency with your prospect client, to make them realize the need to take the challenge.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Planet Fitness is a good company to get sales experience and learn how to hit target despite obstacles. This is not the ideal place to work if you have a family as it will affect the time spent with loved ones.
Pros
Use of facility
Cons
Too long hours
Typical day: Cold calling, leads generation, Presentations, Sales I learnt that Sales generate the business. Management: Hard working and always assisting during a sale. Co-workers: Energetic and hard working. Hardest part: Long hours Enjoyable part: Closing the deal, assisting people live a quality life
Pros
Assiting people improve themselves
Cons
losing hard earned deals to other consultants
in both companies the workplace was a fun filled area.There people there were glad to be there because they knew that we will b motivated to achiech and reach our targets and personal goals i learned that a dairy can be a guide for u to reach everything you need in life.hardest part of the jobs were to get leads because not everyone wants what you selling so i had help from my fellow co-workers to help me close a client The most enjoyable part of the job was we all were looking out for each other and there was no bad day at work everyday was a good day because we a good manager how motivated us and told us to forget about the past days and focus on the today and the coming days ahead
Cons
two hours overtime if needed
The Job has a good salary structure but has no security in terms of income. Its a good place to learn Hard Selling and be able to be build good rapports with people.
Pros
Free training
Cons
12 hours of work time, 9am-8pm
In all honesty, my co-workers made the atmosphere much better for me. We are all in the same situation, and found comfort from one another. A typical day at work, was phoning leads and clients, meeting with them, walking them through the gym and showing them all of our facilities and services. Then we would sit and talk about which membership would best suit them. The most difficult part of working for Planet Fitness, was by far, having to be dishonest to clients. But that is what management expected from us. I made many sales, and did not receive any of the commission that I was promised. When confronted, the managers and the sales director said that there was nothing that they could or would do for me. I have recently gotten married, so to say the least, this has been a very difficult time for us. The racism was another issue, I can joke around with the best of them, but the name calling was taken to the extreme and caused a lot of negativity in and out of work.
Pros
My wife and I got to work out for free.
Cons
I worked very long hours, only spending an hour a night with my wife.
I had to walk a distance of 10km per day since well the company did not have a company car and the company is located in a white area where public transport was a huge problem. I have learned to close the deals, to be a customer agent, to have sympathy, to communicate with clients in a proper manner as I had to make the client to feel that he/she is the most important person. My manager was very strict the word "can't" to him did not exist, he was so passionate in what we where doing and I've learned a lot from him in a short period. The hardest part of the job was whereby you have to go on field and find clients and you will be dealing with different people and when you don't have leads you have to go to the robots and hand out flyers. The most enjoyable part is when you've closed the deal.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
08:30 - 19:00
my first marketing day in the field at planet fitness, i proved myself by managing to sign deals more 4year experienced consultant at this branch,friendliness to co -workers help to motivate yourself at work.when i became a friend of everybody at the company i got many ideas and open competition form senior workers in the industry,however this help me to grow fast in company.our club was the smallest and has the least facilities than any other branch in the country.this create a big challenge of we were closer virgin active which has world class facilities than any other companies around.the most enjoyable part was the company promotional criteria,he used to appoint the highest performer among consultant to be the supervisor despite the experience or your duration in the company. As a result i became the supervisor in three weeks of employment in this company
Pros
free membership including anyone of a consultant's choice to have a membership
Cons
flexible time but the work itself requires you to work long hours as for 8am to 9pm