Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews for Senior Receptionist

The company has a lot of opportunities however they do not provide growth opportunities to their internal employees. I found myself training 2 reception managers and other senior as well as junior receptionists from other clubs in which one of the receptionist managers was gonna be a reception manager in my club
Typical Day at work - would be relaxed until Peak Time, and that is when you have to take control of your position there- the mission Is for the access point at Reception to run smoothly esp. during Peak Hours. If you can manage to assist at least two people at a time and stay calm, you will be fit for this position. The best time to put your smiley face on is PEAKTIME, the clients enjoy interacting with the front desk staff. Therefore being helpful by nature is important and having expectational communication skills to build to positive relationship with clients is your key to have a successful day. Learning - in my experience I enjoy it the most, the more I knew the more I could perform with excellence at my job, I loved the clients and I loved my team. Training is essential in that environment, so be sure you are open to learn. Culture- Friendly, fast paced, teamwork is expectational, depending what energy you give out. Well, the hardest part of my job was arriving on time, it was my biggest challenge but nonetheless my duties weren't challenging esp., when you love communicating and interacting with great people from different. The most enjoyable part of my shift, was successfully helping people and it gave me great satisfaction to know that 99% of my clients was satisfied with the service at the front desk, and established a trusting relationship was satisfying, the little gestures from the clients made it worthwhile for me to come back to work the next, it gave me a sense a purpose. Management is Helpful and Willing to provide training when needed, - more...
Pros
Access to train and use the facilities
Cons
Working Hours
It was fast pace and very demanding. But pleasant. Great staff and great managment. Members were often times difficult,but that is were great member client skills come into play.