Planet Fitness

South Africa143 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 143 reviews matching the searchSee all 6 154 reviews

Learning curve

The sales targets for a gym are very unreasobable. They take your sales if previously signed members do not pay the following month. It takes over 40 sales a month to actually earn good money. At least they give you basic and commission. But there are no other benefits (Orange club) And Blue clubs are actually the ones who are treated good and earn better salaries.The set up part and presentations are tough because you have to get your own spots. Carry the equipment and you are expected to generate more than 20 leads a day, update your diary and makes sales even in the midst of recession. Sometimes you sign people and 20% would cancel within 5 days cooling off period and that is very discouraging.

Workplace

Fun dynamic environment really love the gym life and changing people's lives through fitness and health and change of life style and outdoor sales were the best

Pros

Lunch

Awesome upbeat environment.

Great experience, met lots of influential people who have impacted my life very positively. The company took us to training on all the latest fitness trends that where coming into the industry to meet with the International standards.

Pros

Discounts for gym sign up referrals.

Application for Receptionist

I am hard working person who doesn't mind to work on her own and with other people, very passionate with office job, very humble, good communicate and listen alternative before I answer a question.

Planet fitness and Virgin Active

Loved working there. I love to stay active and healthy. Teaching classes was a passion for me and I would love to teach classes here in the Sandton area

The best company I ever worked for

Working for planet fitness it's been a great experience because i meet with new people daily, being in sales it's challenging and I like to be challenged it's always reminds me that I have goals that I need to achieve. Hardworking and have fun too, traveling for activation its the best

Fun workplace

Great place to work. It is fast paced which helps makes the shifts go by quickly. The most enjoyable part of this job for me is the great group of people that you work with every day and also the work benefits are very good. (discounts at certain stores) But, the minimum wage rate is too low for the amount of hours worked.

At MRM fun was created by yourself as you had certain goals to reach and prizes to be won.

MRM was an exciting working environment I’ve ever been in. Very professional and there was always room to grow and improve yourself. After a certain amount of calls dialed there was prizes to be won, just complementing the work you had done and more work that still had to be done so the benefits would always drive you to do your job perfectly because you always had something to look forward to

Pros

Leave early when weekly or daily target had been reached.

Cons

M so interested in thi s position

M a hard worker and focus I like working as a team like to explore a lot of things in a company I really like Giving those who were coming after me a capacity

Fun workplace

Kind staff which makes the workplace pleasant. Environment very energetic and fast paced. Long working hours. Ideal for people with good people skills.

Pros

Free access to gym facilities and classes

Cons

It can be fun and productive

A typical day at work comprises of dealing with a lot of member queries and complaints. But overall its a good company to work for but it is difficult to juggle work and family life

Pros

Free gym

Cons

Very long hours

Productive and efficient

Planet Fitness - Lynnwood is a wonderful gym to work at and gain the level of understanding how to work with all types of people. Learning to interact wirh several people, motivate people and work with people from what they need when it comes ro their specific body types and what each person wants to accomplish. Weither it is loosing weight or building muscle, Planet Fitness told me that hard work does pay off in a sense when it comes to realistic goals being met on a consistent basis. Planet Fitness shows discipline, character, perserverance, positive mindset and a tweeked mental mindet rhat improves anybodies overall lifestyle if a person truly commits to one's goals daily.

Pros

When I used to work at Planet Fitness I could gym for free

Cons

It was a commission driven place. Healthy competition. My telecommunication skills improved. It was better due to environment and the people in the office were helpful. teamwork.

Fun working place

Planet fitness is a very fun clean vibrating work place to work at. The people are very open they help you with any questions you have and make sure you understand.

Pros

Managerable lunch hours

Cons

Cold enviroment

productive and fun palce to work at a great learning curve

daily reconciliation if daily banking and submission to auditirs , daily preparation of sales commission and club revenue , audit compliance on new contract , identify and investigate and report any non -compliance , daily manual audits

Hardcore Sales and Productive Teamwork

Daily KPI's must be achieved, teaches you to negotiate and close efficiently and quick. Management is very strict and professional, always pushing their consultants to achieve their best. The hardest part of the job is getting prospects to come to the club as to be able to sell memberships. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to be part of peoples conscious decision to become healthy and live a healthier lifestyle. Also getting to know people personally and what goals they want to achieve.

Pros

Free National Gym access

Cons

Extremely Long hours

Fitness and Fun

Use of Innovation and initiative Communication Assertive Self motivated Organized Dedicated Time Management Attention to detail Customer Orientated

Pros

Free Gym

Cons

Commission

Not a healthy work environment

You stand 8 hours in reception. You deal with customers who have their money stolen and are rude. Overtime is not compensated for in anyway. They also want you to look like a barbie doll.

Pros

Access to any Gym

Cons

Long hours and no compensation

Great

Great experience .was awesome helping clients to achieve their goals and work with like minded people on a day to day basis. Fit and fun environment to work in

Pros

Great

Cons

Great

Positive environment

Was fun to work at the company. The environment was positive and the people were very friendly. Management always ensured that the employees was always motivated and happy.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Unflexible working hours

Sales Associate for Gym Contracts

A typical day would comprise of contacting prospects and cold calling until a client would have an interest in the Gym Contract.Once that was established we would invite them in for a meeting and a trial, then they would sign a specific length contract.

Pros

Started well but the Salary was not that great

Cons

No Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 6 154 reviews

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,9 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,1 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Planet Fitness
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?