Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you are into sports and health and fitness. Nice people and overall superb environment. Competitive and challenging. My experience working for Planet Fitness was amazing - I was part of a great sales team and the manager was engaging and supportive.
Pros
Get to use the fascilities, two hour lunch break
Cons
Long hours, seven days of the week
working at this company had many challenges,first you had to reach your target everyday ,the inviromemt was good my job was customer service ,the customers were the most important n welcoming them was my job
Cons
I've been working at this place for a long time & there has been no progress in my life.I feel i'm stagnant in this place so i need to do something more challenging and exciting.
- Promoting myself - Cold Calling New & Current Members - Approaching members & offering advise & my services - Offering Classes -Spinning, Yoga, Pilaties...ect
Typical day: Cold calling, leads generation, Presentations, Sales I learnt that Sales generate the business. Management: Hard working and always assisting during a sale. Co-workers: Energetic and hard working. Hardest part: Long hours Enjoyable part: Closing the deal, assisting people live a quality life
Pros
Assiting people improve themselves
Cons
losing hard earned deals to other consultants
The company requires people to work shifts sometimes very late working hours but it was manageable, they pay fair salaries and their salaries are paid at the time when they are due. The management listens and despond to the workers needs. Duties are manageable because training is provided before one tarts working at a certain position.
Pros
Incentives for good perfomances
Cons
Very late and Very earky working hours.
very busy environment, and stressful, but great for learning, staff are friendly and helpful, always something new to learn
Pros
free gym
It was a busy gym and I have learned to work with different types of people,including both young and old people,the management stuff were so friendly and tough sometimes,i get along very well with my co workers we work as a team.
Pros
2 launches
Cons
8 hours
Planet Fitness is a awesome gym staff always friendly and helpful, I enjoy working here never a dull moment. I really enjoy meeting new people with different characters. The hardest part of my job is the working hours I guest waking up early to open at 5 in the morning is not for everyone, but I got use to it. You get to know your members afterwards and make new friends daily is the part I enjoy most
Pros
Lunch
Cons
It is a very good work place for the great and good exposure in the adminstration department.I find it fun and it makes me a better person each and everyday as l meet and help different people work related.The management is vibrant that allows me as an employee to learn a lot from them and incorporate the positive skills to my own personality.
Its a fun and vibrant place to work at and all staff are helpful and productive. I learned that team work is imperative. The hardest past was working shifts sometimes all night as Planet Fitness is a 24h club.
Pros
Free gyming
Cons
Shift Work
Wonderful company to work for, interaction with people on all different levels, I have learnt a great deal working here,
Pros
Free Tarining
Cons
long hours but your co-workers help you never to give up and fail yourself because there alot of people counting on you to achieve and be the best you can be in life hardest part is the long hours but at the end of the day its worth it because you get to achieve
Pros
Cons
long hours commission structure bad
Working here you be will part of a great team. The people make the company tick. Its a small company and close nit family and you'll be made to achieve your company and personal goals.
Productive and fun workplace. There are opportunities for the ambitious. Working at a gym give you free access to one of the best health clubs in South Africa.
in both companies the workplace was a fun filled area.There people there were glad to be there because they knew that we will b motivated to achiech and reach our targets and personal goals i learned that a dairy can be a guide for u to reach everything you need in life.hardest part of the jobs were to get leads because not everyone wants what you selling so i had help from my fellow co-workers to help me close a client The most enjoyable part of the job was we all were looking out for each other and there was no bad day at work everyday was a good day because we a good manager how motivated us and told us to forget about the past days and focus on the today and the coming days ahead
Cons
two hours overtime if needed
handling customer queries, fitness training ,reception work , cold calling ,handling new subscribers and working flexible hours.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no company benefits
Highly costumer centric and growing business. Management supportive and have an open door policy. Company is growing and went through a lot of retrenchments and restructuring. This has made the company highly competitive in terms of keeping job and showing your worth.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Long Hours
Top management need to work on the following: Management/staff relationship -Staff such as cleaners, floor custodians, maintenance techs and receptionists
Enthusiastic individual exuding infectious energy encouraging teamwork, dedication and sense of loyalty with colleagues. Professional with excellent communication skills, comfortable negotiator at all business levels. Go getter attitude with no task being too great, focussing on performance excellence and business delivery.
being at work was great. my favourite part of the day was whole day. because I could interact with people, and I love people.my colleagues were always motivated and fun ,they were great to around.
Pros
could gym for free and bring someone with
Cons
really uncomfortable hours
  1. Employee Reviews