Platinum Life

Platinum Life Employee Reviews

South Africa66 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Okay

Great company especially if you're good with making sales. Productive work place. Target driven. Managers need to treat their employees with respect..

Productive and fun

Competitive, productive and fun work place, fast paced and highly motivating professionally, generally and financially. It allows one to grow within the company.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

No exact knock off time

Great working Environment

The only issue is working for commission. If only we had a basic salary it would be better but the work environment and management is wonderful.

Fast-Pased, Target Driven Workplace.

If you are committed, you will do well as a TSR. The job is very target driven, so you will need to commit the hours to get your target. The hours are not wasted, however, because they pay you very well if you put in the work.

Pros

Free lunch and coffee, loads of support from management, great salary

Cons

Tedious work, dealing with rude people, some days are long

target driven environment

its a good place to start your career if you looking to earn a decent amount of money. need to meet targets weekly so expect to work long hours on some days. good support from supervisors and team leaders. very little growth in the call centr

Free lunch on first day of training

One of the best company I have ever worked for, their week worth of training changed my life and I grew so much in the sales word. Unfortunately I didn't go far but I learnt so much expecially with their pitch it's a cancer insurance and it was exciting working there

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Have to pass to get into the company

Excellent Work Environment

Platinum Life has given me an opportunity to buy a house in under a year whilst gaining valuable work experience. I had to quickly learn time management and discipline which gave me a head start amongst my peers. The job has very flexible times to accommodate your studies and the office has a lovely student vibe and motivational team. The people who excel at the company are willing to go the extra mile and earn very well.

Incredible people, environment and a great way to make money

I have been working at Platinum life for about 4 years. I started here to make some money while I finish my degree. I ended up making more money in a year than my Law degree would have earned me in the next 15 years. I also stayed due to the amazing work environment and people I get to meet. This place completely changed my life and I will be forever grateful for this.

Pros

Free Lunch and Coffee, incentives and prizes

Cons

Repetitive work

Great dynamic environment and room to earn an obscene amount of money.

I have been working at Platinum Life for 5 years now with the goal to finish my studies. I have been on multiple targets and I found all of them more than achievable with a little commitment and focus. This is truly a great opportunity to earn a lot of money whilst studying. I have financed my dreams through the company and will forever be grateful for the people I have met here and the experiences I have had here.

Pros

Free Lunch and Coffee, Flexible working Hours, Friendly Management

Cons

Monotonous

Inclusive and energetic working environment for students and perms alike

I have been employed at Platinum Life for quite some time now and all I can say is WOW! After previously working in face-to-face sales and retail, coming into a nice air-conditioned office and being able to sit down and call people for a living is a really easy way to make money as not only is the job super easy but you also don't have to worry about social anxiety from speaking face-to-face with someone and you never take your work home with you. This accompanied with a fantastic management team who always looks to improve the ease of our work and always looks at new ways to make things fun and of course, a FREE LUNCH everyday makes it hard not to fall in love with working here. Although work is made to be fun and vibey the job title and possibility of promotion is no joke and so these are some of the reasons I have found Platinum Life to be a great way to climb my way up the corporate ladder. The only warning I must give is be careful because you might never want to leave!

Pros

Free lunch, fun working environment, easy job, great colleagues, unlimited coffee etc

Cons

can be a bit repetitive after a few years

Fun working environment and high earning potential

I love working here. The management team is extremely supportive and helpful. Having the financial freedom as a student and adding work experience to my CV is a benefit as I can still study. The working office environment is always a positive one and there is never a dull moment. There are always prizes up for grabs as there is always a competition going on which is based on performance and quality. You can basically choose your salary as you go higher on target the earning potential increases drastically.

Pros

High earning potential while studying. Lunches, coffee, tea, milk, sugar provided.

Lively and fun.Employees motivate each other

Love this company!! Best ever and I'm talking out of experience!!Awesome training,awesome management and great pay.Do your bit and they will walk the mile for you!

Pros

Teambuilding fundays

Cons

NONE! Hard work pays off!!!

Management sucks

Good people, unfair management,good supervisors and great mentors Good salary. The personnel managers are not fit to be in management and are not fit to work with people.

Great environment but no job security

It's a great environment with nice incentives and the Team leaders are the best, they are very encouraging and always try to make the team feel better if targets are not met. There's free breakfast and coffee throughout the day. It just that your job could end anytime if you don't make enough sales as per target. The commission structure is very good. They say it's doable but seems like you just need luck.

Pros

Breakfast and fruits, working hours (08:00-16:30) Mon-Fri, comm structure

Cons

No job security, they don't hesitate to terminate the contract if you don't meet targets

Rude management

This company is most definitely not fair, they don't treat their staff professionally, they treat tjem like children. The office environment is not bad, but we workex under a lot of pressure

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Terrible management, Pressure

Enjoyable if you're good with sales

It was a learning curve of the world of employment. It was stressful at times but the management always ensured that we were coping and had fun. It was competitive yet thrilling. It taught me the art of customer service.

Fast paced productive results

The company works at full time from start to end. They demand that reports are given to team leaders daily. The management handles all administrational work. The work is under full pressure. There is a demand for results on time. If you do not meet the results required within three months, staff get fired. The handle the letting go of staff very harshly as they need results to be driven. Staff feel under pressure of losing the work daily because of results. The work is mainly desk operated. There is very little time to communicate. It is a single based desk operated area. Team leaders expect a lot results. They push motivation on a daily basis. Approach to work is very focused. The staff of department normally provide all the results needed on a daily basis. There is updates of progress that gets put on display. Team leaders are very comfortable in relaxing their team when the work is under pressure. They provide a lot of get togethers. The company supports all staff. They are very closely linked with staffs private lives. They require needs to be met. Management works privately and team leaders only get to communicate with management.

experience and learning

it was a great learning experience had learned a lot about cancer and how it can change your life and family's life , and how imported it is too have cover that will cover you in time off need communication skills

Great culture

It was comission based work. It had a set code of ethics which needs discipline. It taught me the importance of meeting deadlines and great communication skills.

Not A great place to be at

They put through whom they like-favoritism.No leave if you write exams/tests at 8am/5pm-you work a full day.No leave for supps.Don't care about employees as there's always people resigning and being interviewed.Dolly is cool

Pros

Free lunch-Cheese and Hot dogs every day.

Cons

hours

Best company with growth

Excellent working environment a company with growth with good and loving management but high pressured environment that grows and teaches you its very educational

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Platinum Life. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,7 out of 5 stars for Management
4,0 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Platinum Life
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?