Platinum Life

Platinum Life Employee Reviews

South Africa53 reviews
3,0
It was a learning curve of the world of employment. It was stressful at times but the management always ensured that we were coping and had fun. It was competitive yet thrilling. It taught me the art of customer service.
1,0
This company is most definitely not fair, they don't treat their staff professionally, they treat tjem like children. The office environment is not bad, but we workex under a lot of pressure
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Terrible management, Pressure
5,0
Platinum Life is a vibrant place to work for. The money is very good and there is profit share for permanent employees also. Colleagues are friendly and the support one receives from management is amazing.

I would recommend anyone to work there as there is a lot of growth opportunity.
5,0
The company works at full time from start to end. They demand that reports are given to team leaders daily. The management handles all administrational work. The work is under full pressure. There is a demand for results on time. If you do not meet the results required within three months, staff get fired. The handle the letting go of staff very harshly as they need results to be driven. Staff feel under pressure of losing the work daily because of results. The work is mainly desk operated. There is very little time to communicate. It is a single based desk operated area. Team leaders expect a lot results. They push motivation on a daily basis. Approach to work is very focused. The staff of department normally provide all the results needed on a daily basis. There is updates of progress that gets put on display. Team leaders are very comfortable in relaxing their team when the work is under pressure. They provide a lot of get togethers. The company supports all staff. They are very closely linked with staffs private lives. They require needs to be met. Management works privately and team leaders only get to communicate with management.
2,0
it was a great learning experience had learned a lot about cancer and how it can change your life and family's life , and how imported it is too have cover that will cover you in time off need communication skills
5,0
It was comission based work. It had a set code of ethics which needs discipline. It taught me the importance of meeting deadlines and great communication skills.
2,0
They put through whom they like-favoritism.No leave if you write exams/tests at 8am/5pm-you work a full day.No leave for supps.Don't care about employees as there's always people resigning and being interviewed.Dolly is cool
Pros
Free lunch-Cheese and Hot dogs every day.
Cons
hours
3,0
Excellent working environment a company with growth with good and loving management but high pressured environment that grows and teaches you its very educational
1,0
Platinum Life isn't the best place to work at. The leaders were only nice when they needed you. They set targets that seem reachable but make them hard to reach.
3,0
Good work environment to work at
Nice incentives too

Good working hours

Jewish holidays a plus

Work culture great

Meeting targets exciting when incentives set are of monetary value
5,0
The best employer thus far, environment is great and management does their job properly.i learned alot working for platinum life the experience was overwhelming I am more skilled now than before and I am ready to take on the world with all my experience. Thank you Platinum Life
5,0
I absolutely loved the corporate culture while working here. I love the fact that the company is quite paper keeping you as an employee quite productive and efficient in doing your work.
Pros
Free Breakfast and other incentives
3,0
It was a target-based environment which was really welcoming and friendly. I could fit into the culture of the company however it was difficult dealing with the pressure of a Call Centre environment that is based on targets. Salary was commission-based.
5,0
Working at platinum life had helped me gain a lot of experience and to be able to be independent and get my own place to stay I made a lot of money .I gained a lot and also being able to support my family and also to learn more about cancer
Pros
Free break fast and alcohol
Cons
Fair hours
3,0
Great place. Targets are too steep but great...as I've only been on the training side of things. I didn't make it too far because of the steep targets
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Working recycled leads
Too much pressure.
Great commission.

Fun environment.

Management is cool.

Needs hard worker and must be willing to sit all day on the phone and work over time if team isn't meeting sales target.
Pros
Too much pressure
Cons
Great commission
3,0
Free Breakfast in the morning in a clean environment. good security with enough parking lots. they re professional an have good leadership Technics.good working hours and lots of holidays.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
2 out of 10 chances to be permanent.
5,0
Its a good company, only flaw is that there is no job security. More effort could be done to help trainees at an equal rate with the leads provided, all in all its enjoyable and never a dull moment
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No job security
4,0
A typical day at work was tension filled as your job depended on the number of sales made. I learned how to persuade and convince people to buy products. I also learned how to balance work and school. The workplace culture is so intriguing and vibrant something I personally enjoyed. The hardest part of the job is the fact that you do not choose potential buyers yourself and sometimes individuals you are trying to sell to are unemployed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get the hang of sales and enjoy accomplishing your target goals.
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Salary and commision varies according to how well you did. Inconsistent salary
1,0
High Stress environment where targets are dependent on speaking to people who do not want to be spoken to and are uninterested. If target is not met during selection or even missed by two then there is no chance of being accepted. Baited with R20000 salary but that is dependent on whether targets are met and is commission based. Also a degree is needed but I fail to understand why because the job entails cold calling and nothing more. Working environment was good but attempted to make up for the soul destroying job.
Pros
One free lunch in selection week
Cons
High stress environment, stress to meet targets, soul destroying
2,0
A typical day would include arriving at work sorting leads and dialing. The management team is very clicky, The people and the overall culture is great. the most enjoyable part is the earning potential.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
irregular working hours