Platinum Life
3,5 out of 5 stars.
Platinum Life Employee Review

Enjoyable place to work with high emphasis on self management.

4,0
5 November 2014
There was no such thing as an ordinary days work at Platinum Life. Everyday was faced with new challenges and different projects. I learned much about system development in my year which I spent there. The management style of the company was to allow staff to manage their own time and tasks with focus on output rather than office structures. Although this lead to a productive work environment at time the unstructured nature of the job could be challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job was the high emphasis on ensuring employers enjoy a balanced life while working for the company.
5,0Work/Life Balance
5,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0Management
4,0Culture
5,0
20 March 2020
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The company works at full time from start to end. They demand that reports are given to team leaders daily. The management handles all administrational work. The work is under full pressure. There is a demand for results on time. If you do not meet the results required within three months, staff get fired. The handle the letting go of staff very harshly as they need results to be driven. Staff feel under pressure of losing the work daily because of results. The work is mainly desk operated. There is very little time to communicate. It is a single based desk operated area. Team leaders expect a lot results. They push motivation on a daily basis. Approach to work is very focused. The staff of department normally provide all the results needed on a daily basis. There is updates of progress that gets put on display. Team leaders are very comfortable in relaxing their team when the work is under pressure. They provide a lot of get togethers. The company supports all staff. They are very closely linked with staffs private lives. They require needs to be met. Management works privately and team leaders only get to communicate with management.
3,0
18 July 2019
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Great place. Targets are too steep but great...as I've only been on the training side of things. I didn't make it too far because of the steep targets
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Working recycled leads
5,0
14 January 2018
Telesales (Former Employee) - Johannesburg
Fun and energetic work environment. People are very friendly and helpful. Management is very good. Learned how to manage my time. How to get more organized in my way of working. Learned to communicate over the telephone. Hardest was to be able to reach daily targets.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Daily Targets
  1. Enjoyable place to work with high emphasis on self management.