Platinum Life
3,5 out of 5 stars.

Platinum Life Culture reviews

It was a learning curve of the world of employment. It was stressful at times but the management always ensured that we were coping and had fun. It was competitive yet thrilling. It taught me the art of customer service.
The company works at full time from start to end. They demand that reports are given to team leaders daily. The management handles all administrational work. The work is under full pressure. There is a demand for results on time. If you do not meet the results required within three months, staff get fired. The handle the letting go of staff very harshly as they need results to be driven. Staff feel under pressure of losing the work daily because of results. The work is mainly desk operated. There is very little time to communicate. It is a single based desk operated area. Team leaders expect a lot results. They push motivation on a daily basis. Approach to work is very focused. The staff of department normally provide all the results needed on a daily basis. There is updates of progress that gets put on display. Team leaders are very comfortable in relaxing their team when the work is under pressure. They provide a lot of get togethers. The company supports all staff. They are very closely linked with staffs private lives. They require needs to be met. Management works privately and team leaders only get to communicate with management.
Platinum Life isn't the best place to work at. The leaders were only nice when they needed you. They set targets that seem reachable but make them hard to reach.
Good work environment to work at Nice incentives too Good working hours Jewish holidays a plus Work culture great Meeting targets exciting when incentives set are of monetary value
I absolutely loved the corporate culture while working here. I love the fact that the company is quite paper keeping you as an employee quite productive and efficient in doing your work.
Pros
Free Breakfast and other incentives
It was a target-based environment which was really welcoming and friendly. I could fit into the culture of the company however it was difficult dealing with the pressure of a Call Centre environment that is based on targets. Salary was commission-based.
Great place. Targets are too steep but great...as I've only been on the training side of things. I didn't make it too far because of the steep targets
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Working recycled leads
Too much pressure. Great commission. Fun environment. Management is cool. Needs hard worker and must be willing to sit all day on the phone and work over time if team isn't meeting sales target.
Pros
Too much pressure
Cons
Great commission
A typical day at work was tension filled as your job depended on the number of sales made. I learned how to persuade and convince people to buy products. I also learned how to balance work and school. The workplace culture is so intriguing and vibrant something I personally enjoyed. The hardest part of the job is the fact that you do not choose potential buyers yourself and sometimes individuals you are trying to sell to are unemployed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get the hang of sales and enjoy accomplishing your target goals.
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Salary and commision varies according to how well you did. Inconsistent salary
A typical day would include arriving at work sorting leads and dialing. The management team is very clicky, The people and the overall culture is great. the most enjoyable part is the earning potential.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
irregular working hours
Seeing that the Pretoria branch is a student centre, it is a fun (and professional) work environment, teaching us all about hard work and commitment. We acquire and develop the following skills: Customer relations, communication, problem-solving, time management, diligence, qualitative work results, and reaching our targets, while creating and maintaining a professional work culture.
Days are busy and tough, but very rewarding. Always striving to improve with constant innovation. Hard work will be expected but will also be rewarded. Fantastic teamwork and colleagues who motivate and support you daily. Management is supportive and fair. You will have to work hard to advance in your career.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Demanding
It is a fun environment to work in, however, there is a lot of pressure placed on you to meet the target of the day before leaving. All the managers are kind and approachable, they are there to help you.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
High pressure to meet target
Fun and energetic work environment. People are very friendly and helpful. Management is very good. Learned how to manage my time. How to get more organized in my way of working. Learned to communicate over the telephone. Hardest was to be able to reach daily targets.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Daily Targets
Friendly workers, a happy environment with executives who are motivational and friendly. Everyone is always ready to help and lend a hand. Great student work.
Pros
Free lunches
Long hours, but flexibile, big income and learning to do time management and be determined to succeed in reaching targets. Great co-workers and management.
I enjoyed working at Platinum Life for the three months that I was there. A typical day at work involved sitting at your desk and calling fresh leads with the hopes of gaining potential clients. I learned how to communicate well with people and also to work at a faster pace. I got along well with my co-workers and I am still in contact with most of them. The hardest part of my job was reaching my high daily targets and my most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the wonderful people I met.
Pros
Free fruit and popcorn everyday
Cons
Rude clients
The comapany is youthful, fun co-workers which i enjoyed but limited time for socialising. High pressured target driven environment which is the hardest part of the job but very rewarding. I learned to communicate well, time management skills and to type faster.The managemnet team was supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Free fruits and hot bevarages, enjoy Jewish/Public holidays, weekends off as well
Cons
Long hours, no flexiability for temporary employees, meeting weekly target
I had to learn to be faster and more focused at work hence we had targets, also to work as part of a team. The work enironment was fun all the time and team building was taken very seriously and that helped with making us as employees gain more skills and see our strongest skills Most of all i enjoyed how we were all free to talk to management about our work ang how they would help us with anything that can make our work easier
Pros
The benefits and the team building events and the Jewish Holidays
Cons
The targets
I think its fantastic that they give graduates the opportunity to earn some decent money, even if it isn't in their field of expertise. A typical day at work is to reach to target given to you which is not always physically possible. I learned that if you work hard at anything you will succeed. My management and co workers are fantastic. The hardest part is the mundane acpect and most enjoyable part is that we are all on the same boat
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
long hours initially, repetitive
a typical day at work is a positive enviroment with stunning people. Learned to be target driven, positive and self motivated with a wonderful professional management team. My co-workers are like family to me and very supportive and motivational. The hardest part is to be target driven and helps to keep you motivated, the thing I love about my job is the people I work with
Pros
appreciation of hard work, gets rewards for it. very good salarie and friendly enviroment