Platinum Life
3,5 out of 5 stars.

Platinum Life Pay & Benefits reviews

Good work environment to work at Nice incentives too Good working hours Jewish holidays a plus Work culture great Meeting targets exciting when incentives set are of monetary value
Good people, unfair management,good supervisors and great mentors Good salary. The personnel managers are not fit to be in management and are not fit to work with people.
It was a target-based environment which was really welcoming and friendly. I could fit into the culture of the company however it was difficult dealing with the pressure of a Call Centre environment that is based on targets. Salary was commission-based.
Free Breakfast in the morning in a clean environment. good security with enough parking lots. they re professional an have good leadership Technics.good working hours and lots of holidays.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
2 out of 10 chances to be permanent.
A typical day at work was tension filled as your job depended on the number of sales made. I learned how to persuade and convince people to buy products. I also learned how to balance work and school. The workplace culture is so intriguing and vibrant something I personally enjoyed. The hardest part of the job is the fact that you do not choose potential buyers yourself and sometimes individuals you are trying to sell to are unemployed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get the hang of sales and enjoy accomplishing your target goals.
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Salary and commision varies according to how well you did. Inconsistent salary
High Stress environment where targets are dependent on speaking to people who do not want to be spoken to and are uninterested. If target is not met during selection or even missed by two then there is no chance of being accepted. Baited with R20000 salary but that is dependent on whether targets are met and is commission based. Also a degree is needed but I fail to understand why because the job entails cold calling and nothing more. Working environment was good but attempted to make up for the soul destroying job.
Pros
One free lunch in selection week
Cons
High stress environment, stress to meet targets, soul destroying
The basic salary that you are issued before being admitted full-time in the company was too little to make it through the month. it was not easy to understand the commission structure. It was a bit too complicated.
Pros
Free Lunch, Jewish Holidays, Gifts for reaching good target
Cons
The worst part about working for Platinum Life is that they lure you in under false pretenses, making you believe that as a student you can work for them part time whilst completing your studies. This could not be further from the truth, this job is very demanding. It is definitely a full time job, don’t think you can work flexible hours and make some extra money. It is a FULL time job, in which every single day you have to be at the office and you will most likely be there for around 5 or more hours a day. High pressure and very demanding, as a full time student this is just not possible.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, demanding, high pressure, full time job not part time
Not a lot of companies can be compared to Platinum Life. The quality of their management, benefits, training, understanding for each individuals work needs are amazing. The hardest part is working with client's policies who needs to cancel because of finances, however, the most enjoyable part is being trained properly how to assist clients with their current needs & help them not to loose their benefits & end a telephone conversation with a great compliment from a client regarding our excellent service & caring manner. The entire working atmospere is wonderful to work in. So proud of what this company has achieved so far.
Pros
Extremely good salaries, company benefits, Jewish holidays, profit share, flexi hours
Cons
Driving from Pretoria East to Sandton every day
Working there was a fun and educational experience, it requires a lot of dedication and hard work and perseverance. There is a lot of pressure to perform as your performance not only determines your salary but also safeguards your job
Pros
Money
Cons
Too much pressure
Starts at 7 end at 6 but it depends on you how many hours you need to work to reach target, You Do your tele-marketing and then there is a free lunch, and if you reached target you can go home.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Commission based work
Nature of the job is extremely repetitive and does not provide a challenge at all. HR is very unorganized and because of the commission basis, the salary is too inconsistent. Working environment is good, just the nature of the job and management style is not up to standard.
I had to learn to be faster and more focused at work hence we had targets, also to work as part of a team. The work enironment was fun all the time and team building was taken very seriously and that helped with making us as employees gain more skills and see our strongest skills Most of all i enjoyed how we were all free to talk to management about our work ang how they would help us with anything that can make our work easier
Pros
The benefits and the team building events and the Jewish Holidays
Cons
The targets
I think its fantastic that they give graduates the opportunity to earn some decent money, even if it isn't in their field of expertise. A typical day at work is to reach to target given to you which is not always physically possible. I learned that if you work hard at anything you will succeed. My management and co workers are fantastic. The hardest part is the mundane acpect and most enjoyable part is that we are all on the same boat
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
long hours initially, repetitive