Platinum Life
3,5 out of 5 stars.

Platinum Life Employee Reviews

It's a great environment with nice incentives and the Team leaders are the best, they are very encouraging and always try to make the team feel better if targets are not met. There's free breakfast and coffee throughout the day. It just that your job could end anytime if you don't make enough sales as per target. The commission structure is very good. They say it's doable but seems like you just need luck.
Pros
Breakfast and fruits, working hours (08:00-16:30) Mon-Fri, comm structure
Cons
No job security, they don't hesitate to terminate the contract if you don't meet targets
High Stress environment where targets are dependent on speaking to people who do not want to be spoken to and are uninterested. If target is not met during selection or even missed by two then there is no chance of being accepted. Baited with R20000 salary but that is dependent on whether targets are met and is commission based. Also a degree is needed but I fail to understand why because the job entails cold calling and nothing more. Working environment was good but attempted to make up for the soul destroying job.
Pros
One free lunch in selection week
Cons
High stress environment, stress to meet targets, soul destroying
A typical day would include arriving at work sorting leads and dialing. The management team is very clicky, The people and the overall culture is great. the most enjoyable part is the earning potential.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
irregular working hours
The basic salary that you are issued before being admitted full-time in the company was too little to make it through the month. it was not easy to understand the commission structure. It was a bit too complicated.
Pros
Free Lunch, Jewish Holidays, Gifts for reaching good target
Cons
Seeing that the Pretoria branch is a student centre, it is a fun (and professional) work environment, teaching us all about hard work and commitment. We acquire and develop the following skills: Customer relations, communication, problem-solving, time management, diligence, qualitative work results, and reaching our targets, while creating and maintaining a professional work culture.
The worst part about working for Platinum Life is that they lure you in under false pretenses, making you believe that as a student you can work for them part time whilst completing your studies. This could not be further from the truth, this job is very demanding. It is definitely a full time job, don’t think you can work flexible hours and make some extra money. It is a FULL time job, in which every single day you have to be at the office and you will most likely be there for around 5 or more hours a day. High pressure and very demanding, as a full time student this is just not possible.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, demanding, high pressure, full time job not part time
being on the phone call day to people who dot want to be called is very demorilizing. they tried to make it fun in the office but it just didnt make up for the job.
Days are busy and tough, but very rewarding. Always striving to improve with constant innovation. Hard work will be expected but will also be rewarded. Fantastic teamwork and colleagues who motivate and support you daily. Management is supportive and fair. You will have to work hard to advance in your career.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Demanding
It is a fun environment to work in, however, there is a lot of pressure placed on you to meet the target of the day before leaving. All the managers are kind and approachable, they are there to help you.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
High pressure to meet target
Fun and energetic work environment. People are very friendly and helpful. Management is very good. Learned how to manage my time. How to get more organized in my way of working. Learned to communicate over the telephone. Hardest was to be able to reach daily targets.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Daily Targets
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Platinum Life?
At 08h00 I would be on my post. Every morning i would check if the server backed up correctly. Then i made my rounds at each department to make sure everything is in working order e.g. printers,wifi, networks, emails, etc. Thereafter i would get to all the managers/employees IT related enquires. After the days work I would backup the server before leaving for home. I have gotten a lot of time management, communication and call center environment experience at this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was entrusted to run the IT department the way I wanted to.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee
Cons
Understaffed
Not a lot of companies can be compared to Platinum Life. The quality of their management, benefits, training, understanding for each individuals work needs are amazing. The hardest part is working with client's policies who needs to cancel because of finances, however, the most enjoyable part is being trained properly how to assist clients with their current needs & help them not to loose their benefits & end a telephone conversation with a great compliment from a client regarding our excellent service & caring manner. The entire working atmospere is wonderful to work in. So proud of what this company has achieved so far.
Pros
Extremely good salaries, company benefits, Jewish holidays, profit share, flexi hours
Cons
Driving from Pretoria East to Sandton every day
Friendly workers, a happy environment with executives who are motivational and friendly. Everyone is always ready to help and lend a hand. Great student work.
Pros
Free lunches
I arrive at or before 7 and work until 3. I learned time management skills, multitask and work independently. Best part of my work is meeting with different people and learning different technologies and mentorship. Worst part is having a lot of work to do that was not indicated as part of my job description and not being acknowledged
Pros
Off on Jewish holidays. Receive beauty packs, Mentorship
Cons
Few opportunities for expansion
I love working for Platinum life. My colleagues are outgoing, determined and successful. The office has a feel good vibe and always makes you feel happy.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Long hours, consistant pressure
this job was fun to work at as a student it allowed me to go to all my classes and still make a little bit of money on the side. it is perfect for students
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not in my prefered work field
A truly innovative and entrepreneurial minded company. A very fresh approach to business combining solid quantitative analysis as well as continuous innovative design thinking
Long hours, but flexibile, big income and learning to do time management and be determined to succeed in reaching targets. Great co-workers and management.
my day to day main objective was closing sales deals over the phone and maintaining good customer relationships. It was very sales target driven and I earned purely on commission so my days were quiet stressful at time. I learned tp produce results under pressure and a lot about how to handle myself professionally on the phone at all times with all clients. the hardest part of my job was the rejection that generally comes with sales and those times when i missed my monthly target by an inch. I enjoyed engaging different types of people and helping them create that safety net for themselves for the future all in the while building relationships with my clients. the work space itself was warm and inviting and I always felt at home. We did quiet a bit of team building and motivational talks those kept me going at hard times. It was always team orientated and goal driven and I was able to buy my first car because the leadership was always pushing me.
Pros
incentives
Cons
pressure
Working there was a fun and educational experience, it requires a lot of dedication and hard work and perseverance. There is a lot of pressure to perform as your performance not only determines your salary but also safeguards your job
Pros
Money
Cons
Too much pressure
Your typical work day include to call customers and sell insurance over the phone. You have a daily target to meet which can be difficult at times considering that you work and study at the same time. The most enjoyable part is your colleges as they are also fellow students and they are there to help you. I've learned communication skills and objective handling in this job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
  1. Employee Reviews