Here to help
Coronavirus update

PPD Employee Reviews

South Africa4 reviews
4,0
Good employer, with a great culture.
Happy and positive working environment

Connected with people all over the world

A very challenging but still enjoyable working environment.
Pros
Positive career growth
Cons
Centralized financial function to Bulgaria
3,0
A typical day at work - Reports need to be released to the sponsor, the system is mulfunctioning for me to load and release the reports; What I learned - talk to all people with "love"; My co-Workers - suportive, we hav great team work. the hardest part of the job - always over 130 140 % utilization; Good team spirit
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
You can work at least 12 hours a day on average
5,0
As a Lead Monitor I enjoy coordinating visits, giving guidance to site staff and demonstrating excellent working team spirit by providing support and necessary guidance to other members of the team prior to, during and after the Site Monitoring Visits. I enjoy challenges I come across during my job. The best thing about working in this role is the sense of working towards an end goal that will really make a difference; when deadlines are fast approaching and stress levels are high, it can be easy to forget the bigger picture; without the role of the CRA, new drugs would not be developed.The number of tasks to do over the course of a trial is endless. Every day is different from the last and this is one of the reasons that this job appeals to me.

The hardest past of the job is travelling to a site either by car or flight, depending on the hospital location.Due to critical project timelines, you are sometimes expected to work overtime and complete some of your reports and respond to queries after hours when you are back at the hotel or home.
Pros
Ability to see the world and learn about different cultures
Cons
Long travelling hours, delayed flights and sometimes having to cope with unfavorable hotel conditions etc.
4,0
Managment is great;
PPD has a good working environment and is very accommodating.

The people are always willing to assit and a spirit of togetherness is encouraged.

I am a home-based CRA, however, I interact with those in the office with ease.

Work-life balance is always emphasized.

Salary is great, however, bonuses could be improved.

Career advancement could also improve.
Pros
The Home-based policy is great
Cons
Long tavel hours to countries outside South Africa while I have a young family and not good.