PPECB

PPECB Employee Reviews

South Africa25 reviews
5,0
The hardest part of the job is alot of paperwork everyday.Some days you leave the work early and sometimes you have to work late.
Ppecb is a very good company. Good colleagues and friendly people you see where u going to work for the day. Learn new stuff everyday. Driver alot because you dont work at the same place every day or week...
Good
Good
Youthful culture
Travel alot
Work from Monday to sunday

Suitable for young, fresh out of varsity people

Must be willing to work in other provinces for a period of 3-4 months

overall employees get along very easily
The best work place
It would be a complete lie if I say I want to change anything. It was a great experience working there, with wonderful team mates. We did our very own best for the company to achieve the best results.
Good company
My experience has been great in terms of culture and management. People are welcoming and willing to support new employees. Even though the environment is heavily regulated by policies and legislation, there is a will to speed up solutions to issues.
Great time in PPECB
I learned how to capture data and information fast and accurate. And how to represent my self and company. The people is very nice and honest and they are always willing to help it is a nice company to work for.
4,0
Fun, flexi working hours, off days
Good company to work for with lot of opportunities, growth within the company. Flexible working hours. Off days also they pay good salary especially for season workers
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
Night shift
Productive and mind opening
With ppecb from the first day your involved. We treated like family and the aim is to provide good service to our clients. We are trained to do multiple function which is an advantage
Pros
Free coffee or tea
balanced work space
Its a great employer with great benefits but managers need to take the human factor into account when dealing with issues related to home and work environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management employee relationship strained
fun
my typical day is when clients want their product to be approved while it does not conform with our standard and regulations and what I have learn from that is that professionalism is very important in a work place.
4,0
Very good environment and team in general
Day starts with a cup of tea or coffee and a brief brainstorming. Within a few months of work I could safely say I perfected my skill because of those around me even though some days were a downer because of the heat but overall I always enjoy every season working there
Productive Review
I love every part of my job. Conducting internal audits based on ISO 9001:2015 principles with the focus to improve the business to perform at its optimum. Management shows leadership and is approachable. The hardest part of the work is travelling & tremendous pressure, but is worthwhile when system is improved to provide better service to internal and external clients.
Pros
Good relationship with management and audit team.
Cons
Extensive travelling
4,0
Productive and room to grow
Work culture and ethics are a valuable part of PPECB. a diverse company with people from all regions of South Africa makes this also a diverse work pot of cultures and traditions.
The most enjoyable part of the work is travelling and benefits are extensive training.
Productive Place
Good performance Management System and this is supported by the income generated from export certification. Decentralisation of ICT and continuous IT advancement is a strength for the entity
Ppecb
very busy
a lot in the export industry

great

great place

it was a great introduction

working with great people
Pros
working with loving people
Cons
Monitored by government
5,0
strong work force and dedicated team
PPECB is a company that strives for excellence in its job, staff is trained on a daily basis to make sure they perform they level at work. Staff is evaluated every now and then as a way to make sure they excel and to see whether they understand the job they are doing. Senior employee also assist the Junior during inspections to make sure that they are able to conduct inspection in a manner that suits the clients. The management visits the clients at times to see if they are satisfied by the services which are rendered by PPECB.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
over times during weekend and holidays
3,0
fun working environment
I have been working at the PPECB for 8 years and have learnt a lot whilst there, working environment is great, flexible hours and the staff are great.
Pros
flexable working hours
Cons
not challenging
Operational in every aspects
Safety at work is more of a number one priority hence we work in an operational area, that is the Durban port where ships come and go. It is a very big warehouse and the machines that move up and down makes a person stay alert at all times.
Pros
We get a braai (barbeque) once a year
pressurized environment and exciting
i loved working at PPECB as a person was always under pressure. I got to meet a lot of people and a lot of new things. I would recommend the shipping industry in a heartbeat.
Productive and great culture
It's a very relaxed environment yet busy. I learned working with different people and I understood the power of communicating with understanding. Management are friendly people that are humble. I enjoy working with my colleagues as they are fun and different people. The hardest part is when we are preparing for Audit as we always strive to get clean audit. It's when I am preparing my reconcillitions and payment because I love challenge and just being focused.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not too much growth
Productive Workplace
The Perishable Product Industry is an exciting place to work at. I learnt new skills of how food is sampled and the reasons as to why it is tested before it is exported over seas.
4,0
Learning, development, challenging and fulfilling
I have been blessed with a satisfactory career progression within the organisation. I occupied different roles since 2005 and it has been very good, I was faced with different challenges that crafted my journey and exposed me to different environments and gave me the necessary tools to address them. I credit PPECB for everything I know in my career. It is good organisation to work for, it provides an opportunity to grow and believes in continouos learning. Being with the organisation for 10 years now I feel it is time for me to use my experience in a different environment while learning new hings
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Extreme work pressure