PPS Investments

PPS Investments Employee Reviews

South Africa4 reviews
3,0
You can learn a lot you also need to challenge the team and manager to improve the way things can be done. You work with so many departments within the business as well as external clients
4,0
As a performance Analyst I was in charged of the valuation of all the portfolios PPS owner. I would compile Daily Asset Allocation reports and compute performance attributions using Morningstar direct and Inet.

My role required constant communication with Investment Research Analysts as the Data from me informed most of their presentations to the Investment Policy Committee (IPC).

The Monthly Disclosure Documents (MDDs) which were posted on PPS Investments website for portfolio performance feedback to the current stakeholders of the Investments and for marketing purposes was compiled by me.

The more enjoyable part of the job was learning different aspects of systems like Morningstar direct and Inet.

Access to top Management personnel was effortless and that enhanced workplace culture on the positive end.
Pros
Exposure to Morningstar Direct, and Inet
Cons
No lunch
3,0
Learning new things every day.
There is always room for learning as we deal with case by case scenarios, dealing with various issues, errors and reconciliations due to errors reported.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Limited training material and resources
3,0
The environment is a fast paced environment with attention to detail a very important aspect.
All instructions received are to be processed same day as we commit to same day turnaround times. These are important to adhere to if we want to put our clients in the best investment position. The quicker I can get the money in the market, the better.

Daily tasks include monitoring instructions received, details of the instructions, making sure we clear all work before cut off, making sure all case follow ups are done with compliance with the FSB and other regulatory bodies within the industry.
Pros
I get to communicate with people all over South Africa
Cons
Mistakes - possible financial implications. Can aslo be a pro when other way around, whereby the financila implication is positive.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPS Investments. Our community is ready to answer.
3,3