PRETORIA WEST HOSPITAL
4,0 out of 5 stars.

PRETORIA WEST HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

South Africa8 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Good place to work at as the communication within employees is of good quality and we learn new things daily.

I enjoyed working there as it has enhanced my experience and boosted my resumes.The working environment is of good quality and the building is always kept clean so that it can be able to accommodate people of any kind including patients.The IT department (my field) oversees the everyday operational of technological devices PCs ,Telephones, Printers etc and make sure everything is in order and fix the ones that are not operating well.

Pros

Gain valuable knowledge.

Cons

Extra hours.

Fun workplace

It's a good place to work at, the environment is healthy. Also the workload is not too much, you enjoy working there. Colleagues are helping too much and students also learn a lot.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

short staffed

Productive and fun workplace

Achieve day to day targets and work according to schedule. Beat waiting time Provide good and affordable services Productive and fun workplace Work well under pressure Reaching target goals

Pros

Cake days

Challenge job

You learn how to think on your feed. Have to be quick and fast. Not a job for a lazy person. I have learned a lot about humans, physically and emotionally.

Pros

Free rooms with MEALS

Cons

Long hours on your fee

art clinic,casualty.martenity

typical day at work-by when patient be come aggressive wanted to go home to get grant i learned to be patient and listen to the story and refer to my mangers When it come's to management they never treat us equally. no one is paying attention to what we are saying. we work as a team to rich the goal for the day everyday is when we do not have equipment that we use when working is when we are working as a team and all of us at work

Pros

no free lunch

Cons

no long hours for lunch

How to approach each day in the work field

It is not always about happens to me at work but how I respond to it is what matters most around my colleagues we advice one another and we friendly towards each other and everyday is a brand new day I always learn a thing or two from my responsibility and my colleagues and one of my challenges that occured is when a patient was angry for having to wait such a long time for medication at first I did not know how to handle that type of situation but I refferd him to speak to my superiors about it and it was solved and I went back to them to find out how can handle a situation like that in future and they gave me possible solutions and what I most enjoy at work is team work effort where me and my colleagues work together to reach a certain goal each day as it comes

Pros

fair amount of time during tea break and lunch time

Cons

fair amount of hours working which is 8 hours a day Monday to Friday

I love my work but working hours are straneous

- I work from 6am - 16pm on a normal working day - I have leaned to manage a lot of work and prioritize my work - The management is good and supportive - There is buying in and support from colleagues - The hardest part of the job is when there is pressures and all managers are requesting for your attention and all work for that day is urgent. - I enjoy my work when everything that i am supposed to do is done in time and also beating the due dates and reaching deadlines.

Pros

Half Days, Days Off

Cons

Long Hours of work

Revenue Dept

A challenging position as an Administrative Assistant at a growth-oriented firm which will take advantage of my skills and allow me to acquire new abilities.I am hard-working and keen to learn new skills and improve myself especially pertaining to different computer programmes etc. I have worked well in a team environment as well as on my own independently managing the office.My previous duties were mostly administrative duties including main cashier, customer service and general duties.I would like to study in the future should such opportunity reach me. I believe that one should strive to improve in all aspects of life and gain as much knowledge as possible.Task/ Responsibilitiies•Collect cash from sub-cashiers on a daily basis. Issuing of receipts for all cash received. Allocate all receipts issued and forward receipts and deposit slip’s to GSSC for capturing on BAS. Issue and replenish petty cash as prescribed according to financial regulations. Reconcile Number 2 account monthly. Reconcile the cash book monthly. Responsible for the safe custody of all provincial money’s.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRETORIA WEST HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance