Prime Meridian Direct

Prime Meridian Direct Employee Reviews

South Africa31 reviews
3,0
The workplace is not quite friendly,by friendly I mean: your superior is obviously the driver of the ship and you cannot question their driving skills (even if it's for the better good), it is quite a stressful environment to work in, if need be, you may not actually take your lunch if your targets are not met( this is not forced but the pressure from management will lead you to a JILL THAT WORKS WITH NO PLAY(you're also lead to believe that this is what all top achievers do(which is true, but not quite healthy)
The job is mainly target based, the minimum requirements are achievable but is never enough as that can put you on a firing line (over achieving is great for the pocket (commission), however; all months and/or working days can never be the same - PMD executives can never take that excuse.

No benefits, just basicsalary - commission and incentives

Employees mainly consist of African people while executives are non-African(not that it means much, but representation matters especially if the greater good is happy employees who can relate to their managers.

There is what is called (PRIME FRIDAYS) which is a once in a month, this is a sort of semi-casual Friday, with goodies like ice cream, snacks, etc. which is a great initiative
Pros
Prime fridays
Cons
You will work longer works
2,0
Working here was a learning experience. There was lots of liaising with the other teams which taught one interpersonal skills. There is lots of micromanagement as there’s a supervisor (sometimes more than one), manager and executive for each team. There’s not much discussion regarding what changes to implement, Mostly get told what is happening. The first two weeks of induction are great with free lunches and lessons on company culture but for most people, that’s where the fun stops the company barely sticks to its own founding values
Pros
Free lunch during induction
Cons
Micro management
3,0
Learnt a lot about the world, company, industry and myself
Big company with small company mentality

They are getting better every day

Focus on growth and development of teams

Stats based company - it's all in the numbers

High output and results driven

Management team is amazing
3,0
You learn a lot from PMD, especially if you’re looking for experience it’s the best place but never stay there for too long or expect a promotion. They don’t treat their employees fairly. Targets come first then you.
4,0
I believe the company is very good to work for but there is still a lot of room for improvement. I enjoyed working at the company and would not mind going back there again.
2,0
Working at Prime meridian is an once in a life time opportunity reason being is the company is striving to become a house hold brand and being part of the history in the making is an excited and overwhelming feeling.
Pros
Half days, Free lunches
Cons
No Benefits
1,0
You get micro managed, no feedbacks and unrealistic targets. People are un happy. No team work. No sick or family responsibility leave, you have to work for those days. You cant reach target within your working hours. No protocols or rules in place.
Pros
prime friday
Cons
long hours and no overtime
1,0
I wouldn't advise any job seeker to join the company. You get micro managed, there is no sick leave. If you are sick, you have to repay those hours even if it was for 2 weeks. Your target doesn't get revised when you are sick. You get told to come on weekends to make up for those hours. Suggestions are never taken seriously. The target is unrealistic. Don't join the QA department!
Pros
Cons
Unreliable leaders, rules keep changing, quantity assessing.
4,0
Great working environment, loving bosses and good people. Working hours are very reasonable and thoughtful. The learning which took place with our team leaders were very helpful. I am where I am today because of them and the opportunity that they have given us in the company.
5,0
I learned a lot while working there as a claims administrator, the pressure was very high as most interaction with clients was telephonic. Staff worked hand in hand to assist one another, we worked well as a team.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Micro management
3,0
I really do not have much to say. I needed a job at that time and PMD provided one. I worked a 5-8 shift, I got an 8000 basic salary with no benefits, ie:medical aid, provident fund.
Pros
8-5pm
Cons
No employment benefits
2,0
I worked for a few months in PMD's New Business Unit, where they currently recruit graduates, and was disappointed by the vast gap between what was presented during training and the reality of the environment. It is a toxic space, with a plethora of unhappy long-term employees, racist hiring practices, and a disregard for the wellbeing of staff members.
More hours no day off
Sometimes you will use your personal money to go to meetings and they will be no refunds.

No team buildings

Working hard almost on weekends
1,0
On a typical day at work I would get to my desk, switch on my desktop and start my duties as a Quality Assurer. Basically listen to sales call and rate the based on product knowledge, telephone etiquette, etc. I learnt that sometimes thinking out of the box is not always the case when it comes to some situations. The working environment can be toxic, in a sense that if you don't know what you want you will be trapped in a place full of instability for as long as you are there. Management is just there as "management" but based on my observation most lack the skills. Well the hardest part of the job is not getting clarity where its needed, so many changes that take place but are hardly implemented. The most enjoyable part about my job, is just doing my job without and hassles.
Pros
Cons
Lack of recognition
5,0
I worked as a call centre agent at Prime Meridian Direct.
The terminology was a New Business Professional.

We sold car insurance to clients who responded to the ads on TV and smses.

I worked for just over a month. The reason I left was because I had a family predicament I had to urgently attend to and I was therefore advised to attend to it and come back when it was done, when I did I was told they would get back to me but they did not.
Pros
Lovely working environment
- good culture

- Staff feel valued

-great working environment

- excellent management

- Stability was great

- positive attitude and keeps staff motivated
Pros
Great environment
Cons
n/a
1,0
The company limits one to any growth an there is a lot of communication breakdown between the stuff and the works. But it has taught me to work very well under pressure and with team. It has broaden my stills client services wise and in admin.
Pros
I work straight shifts and don't work weekends or public holidays
Cons
There is no growth nor benefits
3,0
Great workmates. Team work. Training sessions awesome. Although management sometimes unfair. Hours were good and normal until management suggested people work an extra unpaid hour everyday. Hated compulsory Saturday's.
Pros
free lunches, team buildings.
Cons
long hours on mondays
5,0
Pmd is a great company to work for,the company is about honesty maturity kindness and the equip stuff with. The company is lenient with stuff. We had incentives every week. I miss it great company I ever worked for.management is fantastic
Pros
free lunches
2,0
The company has an outstanding set of values, a wonderful culture and it's training department is great. The company consistently reminds you of it's values and arranges fun days which are inspiring.

However, the workload is immense and it is difficult to find a balance between life and work, especially if you do not live close by. The incentives are also very difficult to achieve.
Pros
Free lunch during training, great culture.
Cons
Long hours, incentives are difficult to achieve, training only aimed at improving call behavior.
5,0
It would include calling clients ,marketing different products ,capturing their information into the system and giving them quotes.I learnt how to close clients in an easier way, the management was motivational and most co-workers where willing to help should you have a problem.The hardest part is when your co-worker has more sales than you and the most enjoyable is when you exceed your daily targets in the early hours of the morning.