Primedia Broadcasting

Primedia Broadcasting Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews
5,0
Good workplace. Filled with good people. Made good friends. Learnt alot about media and events management. And how to work in such a big corporate industry.
3,0
Primedia Broadcasting offers a fun and dynamic culture for its employees. The company also invests in its employees by means of educational funding, enabling them to grow.
5,0
Connecting the correct clients with the right customers to achieve their advertising goals.

I learned that radio was not for everyone and putting the right customer with the correct marketing tool can make all the difference

The culture of PRIMEDIA was incredible and always an amazing place to work.
Pros
Team work, working together with an amazing team, the enviroment
5,0
I was tasked with generating new sales and income and growing existing client business in radio advertising division.Continually monitored demographics of radio stations’ audiences to focus advertising dollars spent in most effective markets. Pursued new business opportunities. Addressed client issues. Updated customer spreadsheets to reflect current information.
Pros
Great networking environment
Cons
Cutting Incentives
2,0
it's a bottom line first, people last environment

i wish people were treated equally and fairly

some days are good but most not so good as its a petty environment
4,0
It was a while ago but I enjoyed my stay there. It was a second home. The environment and the management at least in my department was fantastic. I suppose my salary was bad because I was a junior hence I could not stay; growth prospects were not clear thus I could not improve my life as the pay would not have really improved. That said though; the vibe and the culture was just awesome. Given half a chance I would go back but not as what I was then definitely No No.
Pros
Where do I start
Cons
Growth is slow to none
5,0
I loved every minute of working there, it suited my personality and made me extremely happy. I would love an opportunity like this again!!! Very professional and an amazing brand, i was so confident about selling all products.Always had the support of the team and management. Lots of fun never felt like i worked a day it was so pleasurable.
5,0
Gained an insight into the Sales and Marketing department & developed an understanding of strategies
to target specific audiences to entice them to purchase Primedia\'s products and services.

Boosted Primediaratings by an exceptional amount through a targeted social media marketing

campaign that focussed on Radio podcasts, and various other platforms of media marketing.
5,0
Challenging and rewarding. A typical day at work would consist of maintaining systems and following procedures. Thereafter, you are have time to grow and take on new challenges.
3,0
PRIMEDIA is a radio station, both 702 and 947 are under PRIMEDIA. its a very nice environment, the culture and the people are very out there given that its a media industry. there's is never a dull or boring moment at PRIMEDIA, things that happen on a daily base , activation etc are always a learning platform because you get to interact with other departments and get to see what they do .hardest part of my job , I would say, having to go through all those Crime line tip off and the things that are happening on the outside world daily, some very traumatizing.
Pros
monthly stuff parties
4,0
A typical day at work would involve directing the on air show, followed by planning and prepping for the following morning's show. We handed over to our afternoon producer at midday to continue with the chase list.

I learned how to work well under pressure, handle breaking news and think on my feet. I also learned how to manage listeners and how to recognize good stories. I learned a lot about social media.

The hardest part of the job were the days when the chase list just proved difficult to nail down.

The best part of the the job, for me, was interacting with the listeners. While many proved to be incredibly difficult, most provided unique opinions and an intelligent perspective on current affairs. I learnt a lot.
1.POSITION: Intern
COMPANY: Primedia Broadcasting Pty Ltd.

DEPARTMENT: Eyewitnessnews

AREAS OF COMPETENCY: News-gathering[compiling &filing audio-clips,soundbytes from field reporters,pressers and court proceedings],[preparing news-items from local and international newswires-SAPA & REUTERS for newsbulletins/newscasts both audio and print items.
Pros
Unlimited access to resources and research tools.
Cons
There was no travelling allowance and no remuneration
4,0
I have learned not to trust easily, never share you password with your closest colleague in order to get a job done, because you a day off from work.
To be a manager with integrity and to follow processors strictly. Don't bend the rules.

When you one member short and the workload is increasing is a little hard on everyone else.People are the most enjoyable part.

Typical day, the work never stops, it stays busy and when you leave, you feel good because you know you delivered.
Pros
Staff meetings monthly best buffet lunches.
Cons
travelling far from home especially within the hours I work.
4,0
My typical day at work is going through the system and making sure that everything is of standarded before i contact my winners. im also able to interact with management wich assists me in voicing all the issues and being able to know the way forward the same as my co-workers as we are a small department we able to understand each other easly. The hardest part of my job is when we are experiancing a high level of winners due to more sponsers and that means more work for us, and we need to pay out the winners prizes and make sure that each and every details are correct on our system matching with the information that the winners has sent us. but overall i enjoy my work knowing that at the end of the day i made a few people happy.
Pros
we get to meet musicians and various media gurus
Cons
i mostly deal with high value products
5,0
A typical work day consists of processing payments for various suppliers who has provided their services for our campaigns and events. I have learned to multi-task much better, that the hard work, sweat and tears is appreciated at the end of each day. The industry is busy and always coming up with something new, it gives people a chance to be what they want and also to express their views. Not everyone is always right and even the smaller people in the business could help with bigger projects. Team work is important and it helps you top grow in more than one way
Pros
working closely with the community
Cons
i can't think of any
3,0
When working at Primedia Broadcasting, it is easy to let oneself get lured into the surroundings and forget about the stark reality you come home to everyday. The workplace becomes a minor escape from reality, a good escape as the values management are trying to instil into the workforce is commendable, however, whether those values are successfully instilled into the workforce can be up for debate.

Lack of stability and progression through the ranks is also a glaring factor one notices when settling into your initial role at Primedia.

Things are always changing, staff turnover is high.
Pros
interacting with prominent personalities on a regular basis
Cons
lack of stability
3,0
The typical Day at work was when we had a Launch and I had to run with that and there was one manager who did not attend the Dry run and during the presentation she just wanted me to change thing as she wishes.I have learned to respect , have sense of emergencyand take things as they are. I have also Learned to Love my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we get to prepare for outside Broadcasting and the hardest part of the job is when other people don not want to do their jobs and they just talk.
Pros
1 hour lunch time
Cons
normal hours ( 8:30 - 17:00)