Primedia

Primedia Employee Reviews

3,0
Work on several responsibilities in the same time, which requires managing time efficiently. Also, the day would generally look different depending on whether there are more urgent adhoc activities happening at the moment.
Pros
Short hours on Fridays
Cons
Career development
5,0
Work environment is tuff, but had super management great guidance, great group support, can be stressfull at times but a job well done is appreciated on all levels.
5,0
I've started as a leaner at Sterkinekor and because I've been living the company values am proud to announce that am now the Departmental Manager at one of Sterkinekor branches. It has been a challenging journey and exciting also when you love working with people and doing what's right at all times. I have achieved more in a year with the company, I just graduated in July and also won the people's choice award in October not forgetting the holiday that I just won for being voted the employee of the quarter.
Pros
Free movies
2,0
Unfortunately due to bad and unqualified management the company was in decline and sold off numerous publications to opposition companies. Salaries were marginal and expectations were unrealistic and unachievable.
Pros
Cons
no support from management
2,0
I enjoy working at this company and I like to work with designs and much more. driving the car to place to place is what I do most
Pros
driving well
Cons
bad weather
3,0
the company has a strong team and supportive structure with the organization.The work experience I have gained during my duration of my internship has exposed me to a large deal of highly influential organizations.
4,0
I really loved working for them. I've learn a lot about radio news, voicers and a lot more. They inspired me to really love writing. At the beginning it was not easy but after few weeks i felt like i belonged there.The way they conduct news is great. i would love to work for them again next time when i am fully experienced. And the money was enough because it was my first internship.
5,0
on a daily basis i would have my set tasks to do, i have learned to work independently and to take initiative. All managers have a great management style and are supportive. the work environment is wonderful and very peaceful. i enjoyed working independently and meeting deadliness.
Pros
price giving for living up to the Company values
Cons
30 min lunch, although its not so bad considering the working hours.
5,0
Being part of this marketing giant has taught me more about customer care, marketing and sales than any other company has and arguably will.
Pros
Growth and learning
5,0
Values are followed , the culture of the company encourages diversity . Growth is encouraged Education is encouraged I have learnt to have a backbone , don't be easily shaken , how to manage stress because it is gonna help me to manage success.
Pros
Cook off
Cons
Pressure
1,0
I have taken a lot from Primedia Instore, definitely a great place to work and they always have fun things to do to keep the staff motivated.
Pros
Exposure to advertising all medias
Cons
No room for growth
3,0
It has a fun, young and vibrant culture and the is also ample growth opportunities and I enjoyed working with company. I have learned to be firm and to say no without explaining myself if the is no need
3,0
A typical day at work was generally enjoyable due to the people that are employed at this company. The work itself was challenging and eventful. I learned a lot from the experience I obtained at PRIMEDIA specifically in the operations and development field where I found myself after running a PRIMEDIA company in Zimbabwe for 7 years. The management of PRIMEDIA should become closer to the employees as one of the values is 'People', however there is little respect for the 'people' at PRIMEDIA. Co workers are generally great people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with incompetent people from a supplier perspective as well as within the company - in certain instances. The most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed to manage situations / projects without too much interference from executive level employees.
Pros
Great training arena and able to learn a lot.
Cons
Little family time as long hours and extensive travel was involved.
4,0
Primedia has granted me the opportunity to learn how to work with other people. My typical day at work involves checking the daily roaster to see who needs to be taken to work and taken home from work. There after I ensure that all my colleagues are taken home and to work safely and that each of them is on time. My co-workers are patient, considerate and inspiring. The hardest part of the job is driving late in the evenings or when I have a lot of people to transport. Bad weather conditions can also place strain on my job.
Pros
Company resources and staff
3,0
Flexi-hours are great. Coping with office politics is hard. Learning new skills from fellow employees is a bonus.
5,0
Each day is a new day where I learn new things. The environment is fun to work in and it is an energised workplace. I look forward each morning to a new challenge and meet lots of different people of different backgrounds and different races. Working for Primedia has given me an opportunity to appreciate different people and different characteristics. It has also taught me to cautious when dealing with strangers but most of all the ability to understand and know people.