Primrose Schools

Primrose Schools Employee Reviews

3,1Work-Life Balance

Showing all 2 019 reviews

Fun place to work

Fun place to work, children and families are very nice. Teachers are helpful and management had your best interest in mind. Curriculum is easy to follow and engages kids.

Fun and relaxed

The school is great and the children learn so much! I love seeing all the kiddos faces throughout the day. The teachers are great and hard working and the franchise owners are super helpful.

Very unorganized and dysfunctional

They pay little and very dysfunctional. They don’t have any respect for you as a person or teacher. They don’t care about your well being or anything. You can literally be sick and their going to blow your phone up asking for you to come in when it’s plenty of other people there. They only care about the money that’s coming in but can’t pay their employees what they desperately. No employee deserves under $15!! Most of us are getting paid under $15 and that’s our only source of income. Overworked and underpaid. Go to a job who cares about you and deserve you.

understaffed and underpaid

they operate under bare minimum staff possible and do not respond to requests to use the restroom in a timely manner. you don’t know when you’ll get off work, since parents frequently don’t pick their kids up on time.

High school for grown ups

It was difficult to recommend improvements. You are micromanaged and not trusted to have common sense. The workplace is flooded with gossip and favoritism. Overtime is expected and is reflected badly on the employee if they refuse. Owner was incapable of proper management of the business. No sympathy or respect for other's needs or schedules. Expect a 12hr work day without apologies.

Run.

The kids are great, don't get me wrong. One of the biggest issues I had was the coworkers. I think I only liked two of them and the rest of them were toxic old ladies. They were constantly talking behind others back and it was just a nasty environment.

Pros

1 hour lunch. Great insurance.

Cons

Toxic coworkers; Questionable management

Ugh

Honestly very exhausting. As an lead teacher, I had absolutely no time to do anything. Not even use the bathroom. I do like that they provided food but it was bland.

Fun

Love the kids but it’s hard to work with so much drama. Some days are wonderful and some days are just not it. It’s gotten better I stay because of the kids

patience is a must

the guidelines and schedule for the kids is way too much. they expect to be able to teach kids things above their level of comprehension. i go home drained everyday.

Rude management

Working here was stressful. Management is disrespectful to their employees. There is always criticism, no “you’re doing a good job” ever. They are always understaffed and employees are underpaid for the hard work they have to do. Management talks to you like you aren’t smart. They tried to make openers go into work even if they are sick, which puts the children at risk of getting sick. Would not recommend working here at all.

Okay

Great but no room for improvement. Will have you do extensive work but not willing to compensate for it. The kids and families are amazing but the management lacks that factor.

Love the kids

I like working here for the kids however I feel like the communication is lacking. The director and assistant director do not communicate to staff effectively

Underpaid, no PTO, Owner micromanages

The overall job is fairly similar to any other daycare job, it's just patched with a Montessorian franchised logo, so people will pay more. Unfortunately, the teacher's pay was atrocious for the amount of effort being put in. I knew main teachers who got paid less than supporting ones, there was NO PTO, and the owner loved to micromanage everyone. I would only suggest this role to people who are maybe in school looking for a part-time thing, even then a tip job might be better.

Pros

free food, 1-hour breaks, co-workers were mostly kind

Cons

little to no benefits, underpaid, owner is a micromanager

Loved the kids but management was not too great!

The children were so fun to around and teach! It’s could be a bit stressful, some teachers cried when they went home due to being stressed. Management was a bit messy and played into drama amongst teachers!

Horrible

I highly advise against working here. The pay is horrible for the amount of work expected from you. The admin team is just awful. Anything you do is never enough for them. They’re not flexible and they don’t care about your life outside of work at all. I nearly gave up my plan of becoming a teacher because of how negative my experience was here. Please don’t work here unless you want to feel bad about yourself.

Fun

The school is very clean the students are very lovable and cute and funny the employees they're great but they're afraid of management and management sucks I don't like management the manager is always in someone's business and runs her mouth spreading rumors about people's personal life so if I would rate this school it will be a one because of management but overall working there I loved every minute of it being around the children gave me great joy and peace and happiness

Horrible.

Get prepared to be walked all over. Overwork yourself when you are being paid so little. You will be always stressed out and feel you are the only one doing anything. Lots of gossip it’s sad. I love the kids and that’s it

Not a great place to work at

Always understaffed, management rarely helps out. Feels very stressful being there, you'll feel it on the way to work. Only great thing is being with the kids.

lack of caring at Primrose

I was a floating teacher so worked in diffrent rooms my complaint with company is their rate of pay is poor teachers should get a better wage. also the class rooms where stressful and always to many children packed in. As for getting a break good luck they wont let you bring food in to work there policy to strict alot of stress teacher and high turn -over.

No advancements, poor pay

There are only four spots in management and it is likely you will never get any of them. The pay is pretty bad and they hire people with zero experience just so they can pay them less.

Most of the teachers are really nice

On my first week working here I had a miscarriage, I let the owners know what was going on & that I wasn't able to make it in, they told me it was fine & to take my time. I come to find out before leaving that the owners told the director at the time to fire me that day, I was told of this on my last day. The owners and leadership talk about everyone behind their backs, the environment is toxic, there's lots of inconsistency with which class you're going to be in and your schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primrose Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2 019 reviews