Procter & Gamble

Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,809 reviews

Great culture

- Great place to start your career and grow within the industry - Culture is very young and vibrant - Great coaching and training available - You get challenged every day - Meaningful duties

Work/Life balance is non existent

The environment is very paced and stressful. Senior management is grown within the company but how decisions to promote are made is kept under wraps and the same people get opportunities while other high performing individuals are ignored. Senior management is also often inexperienced/not groomed which has created a culture of high expectations without the support needed to do the work.

Pros

Company pays 100% medical aid and gap cover

Cons

Very long hours, no growth even if you’re a high performer unless you’ve built equity amongst leadership team

Productive for managers only they have time us we zombies for that machine

Abnormal working hours with less money no grouth you will leave with no certification to show you have learn this and this. The managers play with people only the hungry one's make it to the top

Pros

It's only that they pay 25% of the lunch

Cons

Long hours no offs

Competitive

Overall one of the best companies to work for, however the salaries are not market related. Opportunities for advancement are limited in that no processes are put in place for sideways movement

Productive and fun workplace

very interesting place to be for starters because they have a solid foundation with basics of how a person needs to know how to work in an industry. Team is very friendly and committed to working

Harking worker and fast learner

To work in a team Reach daily targets Interpersonal relations good communication skills with all levels Working with difference people from different backgraund, speaking difference languages.

Principled and good company

It was an honor and a privilege to work for Procter and Gamble for almost 9 years. The Work Place Culture is ideal, since the company puts values and morals above all else and always strive to do the honest and right thing in business. When this is upheld, then the attitudes of the work colleagues are positive and make it an environment where people want to help each other to do their best in the company.

Productive, fun and flexible

Its a total dream. No pressure...you just need to deliver on work expectations. A very flexible working environment. Great culture and colleagues who are like family

Pros

Pool table, numerous celebrations and outing. Hatd work is recognized

Cons

None for me

very funwork overtime you ate something and free transport at night

I remember only TGIF and sports on fridays I was new on a working field Procter & Gamble is an only company showed me how they say healthy worker is a happy worker

Pros

free lunch at nightshift

Cons

flexible hour

Expat Dominated Workplace

Limited growth for South Africans as the upper management levels are all expats. No formal or SAQA accredited training being offered. Company do not invest in formal training.

Cons

No formal training opportunities

Fun work environment, smart people

Great place to work. Enjoyed all the roles I had and the people I worked with on a daily basis. I was continuously challenged and learnt a lot. The company offers best in class benefits and the management is constantly seeking feedback on how to improve.

Pros

Stock ownership plan, discounted staff shop, off-site events, healthcare, pension plan

Cons

Work life balance

Management more concern about risk and safety. Don't understand the basic principals

Most of the time was located to sfety and to issue permits. The reason was the people not sure how to address the Basic principals and to overcome the urgency

Challenging but ideal and fun workplace

My day consisted of supporting Procter and Gamble's internal employees. Support ranged from assisting employees with desktop, laptop, and peripheral issues, imaging new laptops for current or new employees, setup and configure DECT office phones and mobile phones (iPhones), performed IT on-boarding for new employees, performed inventory and asset management of all IT equipment, and liaised with vendors in configuring IT equipment and/or supporting any malfunctioning or defective IT equipment. Working for Procter and Gamble allowed me to increase and improve upon my current knowledge of IT support and procedures, including but not limited to: problem troubleshooting, customer interaction, asset and inventory management, meeting customer expectations, and mobile support. Management and I worked smoothly and in sync together without any hassles to ensure that the employees were constantly operating at 100% efficiency. Any concerns or issues between management and myself were handled in private and in a professional manner. Procter and Gamble was an excellent company with a diverse culture of people. Everyone I supported or interacted with were fun and easygoing. The hardest part of working for Procter and Gamble was not with the employees but with the external vendors. At times, due to time differences and availability, connecting with a vendor was a difficult endeavor and therefore, there were slight delays in resolving issues. However, this was a minor issue and workarounds were always in place. The most enjoyable part of working for Procter and Gamble was learning -

Pros

Free food and/or drinks

Cons

Communication with external vendors

A very challenging and productive place to operate on

A very challenging and productive place to operate on..Today I Have Solid knowledge in modifying plant according to existing modification procedures to improve plant life cycle, reliability, performance and working environment. I investigate and identify areas of saving by optimizing operations, delivering value for money by Managing and developing short to medium term budget, forecasting, performance within budget. I have done project management, testing and commissioning of plant and the acceptance/ handover of projects, verification of project work in accordance with quality requirements and project process.

Inspirational Place to Work

P&G is a wonderful company to work for. You are able to learn and grow during your assignment processes. Within the Supply Chain you have an opportunity to work within many departments and learn the processes of the company.

Pros

International Travel

Cons

1 year long assignments

Customer Service

My typical day was, I will start by going through my e-mail and internet queries and orders, and capture the orders accordingly, and reply back to the customer about their queries, I had a good understanding manager, and he always compliment me on a work well done, The work culture is awesome, the people are very friendly and it is an open office policy which is great, I personally think to work in an open office environment is a good thing, it also give you the opportunity to know the people better that your work with and learn what they are doing. the most enjoyable part of my job was that I was also part of a team and was also invited in meetings with the perm stuff to discuss daily reports and monthly reports and targets, and was given the opportunity to raise my concerns and solutions.

Pros

the company is centralize in Sandton Johannesburg

Cons

perm jobs of contract and temp was a no promising

very stressful

Procter and gamble is a very good company with very poor management, at procter and gamble you don't get to grow your career, if the manager doesn't like you for personal reasons then you will be stuck on a same position and salary for years

Good company

This is a company with very high principles and values which are not just on the company website, they are principles and values that almost everyone leaves by on a daily bases. I loved their system of promoting from within as it allows the company to focus on people's skills development. Unfortunately job security is not a big priority for P&G.

Pros

High Energetic organisation, good salaries, very competitive, Flexible working hrs and being able to move from one department to another when career needs change.

Cons

Job security, Performance rating system

Great Global Company

Great Global Company to work for, but regional offices might not be up to global standards. Senior management is vital to the atmosphere created within the office.

Cons

Long Hours

P&G Review

Clear systems and structure in place with a clear and detailed expectation of what is required from you anf your position. Clear annual goals and targets to be met.

I enjoy working at P&G but problem is that I dont have time for my family

Love working at this company, employees are treated with respect. integrity is the biggest value. Work place is very friendly, growth is available to employees. The only challenge is that I never have time for my family as I work far and have to travel for about 4 hours in traffic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Procter & Gamble. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,2 K