Protea Hotel
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Protea Hotel Employee Reviews

South Africa67 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Nice and fun at work place

I am a hard worker who like clean place an love my workAm a good packerI like working with peopleAm a respectful person who always lough n smile with everyone

Pros

Free lunches

Fast paced yet stressful

It would be the most unsuitable place to work at since management is unorganized in most aspects.The staff are friendly but management is always looking for faults.

Pros

Staff transport

Cons

Poor salary

An extremely hotel where everyone can love to work in

I enjoy working with people and Protea Hotel is the best hotel I recommend for people to work at it. Working at Protea Hotel you gain more experience and you get more benefits.

Pros

You eat whatever you feel like eating

All hotel training

Good company with all training duties andExcellent management in all department. And staff was good with respect in all spheres of the hotel it was really good.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

8 hours

Positive Experience

Overall the company has a good culture and I enjoyed my time there. One criticism is that management needs to get more involved in the oversight of day to day events. They are too disconnected from the staff.

Fun workplace

working at protea hotel is a fun experience of you love hospitality but the the money you get there as a waitor is not satisfying because the dont have basic salary

Pros

meeting different people

Hand worker

I like to work with people and I'm a respectively person I take my work seriously first I come to work on time all the time and I like team work I don't complay with anything

Pros

Free louch

Is nice working there

I enjoy working there. But is very challenging. You must be willing to work hours without break. It doesn't not offer staff transport. The team is excellent.

Productive and fun workplace

it is a nice environment but sometimes busy as a result of the nature of a hotel. the overall work experience is fairly good and straight forward. no bad things to tell.

It has always been a great experience working at Protea Hotel .

My working experience at Protea Hotel,i gained multiple skills and abilities. I am able to work on fast paced environments, serve customers to ensure satisfactory and more.

A good place to work

It was good to work at protea got lot of knowledge,learn to work as a team be a family love nd respect each other nd give ur excellent service to guest

very uplifting team

i had very long working hours but accommodating and l had a good learning opportunity from the great management of the hotel who always encouraged stuff to learn more about the industry make sure they where workshops for experiencing with new ideas of creating new cocktails and shooters

Good experience

It was a good learning experience, I attend to customers needs, I made sure customers felt comfortable being in protea hotel, helped staff, long shifts.

Decent and professional.

A typical day at work would be serving the guests, entering the lounge. Making them feel at home, afterall you are the host. Making sure that they are served with the food and beverage as reequested. Giving the guests on arrival, that lounge vibe.

Pros

Breakfast in the canteen.

Fun workplace

It was nice working at Protea hotel because it came with a lot of accommodation experience and how to deal with different attitudes so I was well equipped and I was volunteering I was not paid but the experience was the same as being paid. If it was not for the experience that I got without being paid I would not know how to handle pressure and still excel.

Cons

Reasonable hours

It was good working with them I did not feel any pressure with them. Actually their shifts were not bad for me. Always be punctual at work

Pros

Free lunches

Fun working place

Noting much rather than working unsupervised relaxed neatness all the time the place was fun management were solvent good ideology and structure free happy all the time

Pros

Free breakfast

fun working place

I’m a very hard-working guy, I can associate myself with people, I’m a kind of person that can be able to adapt to change, I focus on my work, listen to orders, and do well to reach the goal of the organisation,

Bon environnement de travaille

Très bon environnement de travaille, personnels respectueux et accueillants. Cadre paisible et clientèle plutôt aisées.

Very fun workplace.

Limited work growth. Shortage of promotions....Salary was less for working hours. Management positions were rare. No company benifits apart from food.

Pros

Staff breakfast lunch dinner., Staff transportation for night shift employees to and from work, Staff accommodation available 24/7

Cons

Long hours. Less salary.

Fun workplace

It's been a great experience working for the company . I met wonderful people and learnt to be with different people. It's challenging but it takes a brave person to manage the work.

Pros

One hour break

Cons

Long hours and night shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protea Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,1 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Protea Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?