PSG Konsult

PSG Konsult Employee Reviews

South Africa37 reviews
3,0
My salary was too little. I had to work over christmas and did not get any overtime. I did not have the neccessary training and had to figure most things out by myself.
3,0
Worked in a team of 6 on the floor handling calls, emails and walk in clients. Had to know your product in order to assist the clients or the brokers.
1,0
The company is BS, if you're not white skinned you won't get the benefits your white counterparts will get.
Management sucks, HR is never for the employees.

Salaries are based on skin colors

Imagine a whole manager conducting a meeting in Afrikaans, that how it was being a black female there.

No advancements if you are black, they'd rather bring someone's newly matriculated niece to be your manager than to promote a black person who fully qualifies for the post.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
3,0
Salary can improve,management override HR,work life balance is tricky and lastly culture needs a review.I suggest they get diverse management teams and fair and clear processes.
5,0
PSG is a financial institution where clients can get all advice from insurance to medical aid toe investments and retirement planning. The staff are great
4,0
I enjoyed the collaborative nature of the work environment, whereby advisers are encouraged to refer business to other departments who specialize in different aspects of the business, be it wealth management, stockbroking, wills and estates or short term insurance. I believe this made our clients feel as if all their financial needs can be met in house.
5,0
They expect the best from you. It is a great company to work for, but they are demanding. The hardest part of my job was to cope with the volumes of work since I was appointed on a half-day basis. They decided later on that the position need to be a full day position because of the volume of the work. They were very nice and accommodating during the retrenchment process.
4,0
I recommend all the graduate to start their career with PSG. Well organized graduate programme and the managements' doors are always open. You get the to rotate among the business.
1,0
My experience was not what I expected and not what I was use to.
I am use to objectivity and fair management, making mainly use of performance management weekly- open policy and not autocratic.
Pros
Well established
Cons
Not every body fits in
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PSG Konsult?
5,0
No day is the same and you get out what you put in.

Due to the entrepreneurial nature of the organization, you are encouraged to search out your niche and guided through your discovery.
5,0
We normally started at 09.00. We had agents who made our appointments to sea clients. We will then see clients between 10.00 and 17:00 and sometimes in the evenings.
The Sales Training and sales pitch was excellent, so I did extremely well and was one of the 3 Top Achievers.

Most enjoyable part was that I could chose my hours, had lots of time with my small children and made a lot of money!
Pros
Working hours and Commission based
Cons
Not really any.
4,0
Workplace is dynamic and fun. Allows you to work and learn and grow at your own pace. Deadline driven and challenging. Never a dull day. Workplace culture is young and vibrant. New ideas readily explored and bonuses given generously
Pros
Year End Functions
Cons
Too far to travel
2,0
No direction of what do expect.
Doing more of the adhoc that want is on the job spec.

The culture is overwhelming.

Poor grooming skills to young individuals especially those that are fresh from university.

The job specification don't agree with the actual work done.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Slow growth
great work culture
confidence in their employees

hardest part of the job is the stress of working with clients assets

enjoyable part is the team spirit
Pros
great company culture
Cons
can be stressful
3,0
Great company to work for although there isnt much to do where I am based. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to gain some experience of the financial services industry.
5,0
The management, workplace culture is inspiring, enthusiastic and has an energy which is indescribable. The openeness and friendliness of staff and colleagues makes it an enjoyable place to be.
3,0
PSG Konsult works with great management, good punctuality and gives friendly advise to all of their clients. They are a good team that works hard everyday and are always willing to learn or teach more to the benefit of personal grow and company grow.
Pros
Learned a lot through out the experience
Cons
A lot of telefonic interaction
4,0
I was processing claims,communicate with clients telephonically.Request outstanding documents from medical aid, fax,scan and send letters to clients regarding their claims.
Pros
we used to conference once a year
Cons
they was no problem
5,0
Well established and secure environment, warm culture.
The industry was the same as my previous company, adjusting however was a bit hard. The management is good and training sufficient.
4,0
This company has very high ethical values and has been a good employer. They strive daily toward finding ways to better the employee life at work. Please ask me more in my interview, these questions are highly confidential.
Pros
They give two bonuses annually.
Cons
No work-life balance.
2,0
Although a big company, they are still growing at a rapid pace, outperforming the market. Recruitment is strict, they seek to get people with qualifications.
Pros
Staff get together every quarter, diverse group of employees.
Cons
No clear level hierarchy, new management concerned with dictating to show dominance than learning processes & procedures