Puma Energy

Puma Energy Employee Reviews

South Africa9 reviews
4,0
Working as team means a lot, especially in business sector. Having motives towards work and life goals matters most. Creativity and work ethic be the priority.
5,0
Good company to work for , pleasant environment
Hardest part of the job - nothinghard really

Working hours are long - 9 hours - no flexibility

Performances bonuses offered
2,0
It had no scheduling system, it was done manually on Excel
The company was fairly new so finding its feet

Salary adjustment from temporary to fulltime employment was a major source of discontentment
3,0
Was to ensure the foreign nationals understood very clearly he activities that were to be done for the day. I had to learn to adapt to other cultures as I had Chinese and a Congolese workforce. I learned to be a good listener and patience and a cool head was required, but I managed to progress the work safely and without any major incidents. I got great satisfaction in seeing the project completion of the work packs.
Pros
I got to meet a lot of people and made new friends and contacts
Cons
The work was very intense as the head office was in Cape Town, so I worked with a Congolese and Puma representative.
4,0
It was fun to work for puma and everyone was so nice and you will learn sio many things and meet new people every day and see lots of new stuff and cars IP
Pros
No free lunch
4,0
My experience at Puma has been a challenging one as it was a new job function without any training.
I have adapted and made a success of my job.

The people culture is much to be desired as everyone is silo driven and shy away from responsibilty
4,0
Puma / Trafigura is a crazy busy but great place to work

But the stresses are high and demands great making it a tough place to work

They grew at an incredible pace so was exciting
4,0
Puma Energy is a very interesting company to work for, a typical day at Puma would be to be focused, handle lots of pressure, its too demanding so you need to always be ahead of schedule and know why you are there. You must be a driven person and energetic and be able to handle stress.

Puma taught me how to work individually, how to work under pressure and handle stress. also taught me how to react to situations and how to handle /deal or cope with different races/backgrounds and different cultures.

Management was very interesting, strict and very demanding but thats how one achieve growth.

I had very amazing co-workers and my very profesional but friendly Financila Manager.

The hardest part of the job, i found the job very interesting and a bit challenging because it felt like month end every week and its because of that, that i am able to say that i handle pressure and stress very well and i believe i have grown as an individual and will be able to take on any challenge that i might or will come across.

i enjoyed every part of my work including the challenges that came with it.
Pros
free refreshments daily and staff lunch every month.
Cons
Long hours.
3,0
Puma Energy was a new entrant having bought out BP Botswana. It has a good future in the region.
Comment – 10 February 2014
A good highly pressured and challenging environment. A very focused strategy for the regional penetration. My experience with Puma was that they are very good with strategy implementation. An organisation I would happily embrace any time.