PwC

PwC Employee Reviews

Found 283 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,784 reviews

A new and exciting journey.

My first day was very exciting yet at the same time stressful in the sense of having to interact with new faces and keeping the energy to succeed alive and ready for any task.overall,it was a major learning experience and work ethic.

Pros

Medical aid and department team buildings

Cons

Long traveling times

Stressful place to work and salaries are not morket related or even close.

A typical day is doing work above your pay grade and workng long hours. I learned the inequality is there and even if you report an incident to HC, nothing will be done.Do not trust management, they are not in your corner.Workplace culture is what you make it to be but generally very stressful.The hardest part about my job is not being appriciated for the work done.The most enjoyable part of the job is that I still have one during this rife.

Pros

Good to have on CV.

Cons

Not being paid for the work you do.

Terrible, vindictive and unethical management

Worst place I have ever worked in my life. I would never recommend this, you have to study so hard to get in. Once you are in, you are forced to break the labor law day in and day out. And management holds you at your will because you need the competencies from them.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Long hours with less pay

Don’t bother if you have a life outside of work. They will promote their favorites and suppress the most talented individuals. Their overtime is a scam. The Manager reduces the hours worked when it’s time for timesheets. They will blame you for lack of clients and projects but do squat about the leadership that’s supposedly assigned to bring in the work. Oh, and bonuses are reserved for Managers and above.

Cons

Worked in Small and Medium size business department.

Overall, I would say I worked in the department that best suited my skill set and needs. They worked out pretty quickly I wasn't cut out for big audits as I have more of an entrepernual flair.I worked on a lot of personal and business tax issues, Family Trust Set ups etc working closely with both legal and tax departments. I also did a lot of audits from Farming Companies to Tech Companies. So I was given a very broad business education at PwC. My manager was terrible, while the partner was excellent and taught me a lot, especially when I became a seniour in my final year of articles.

Pros

None as an Articled Clerk

Cons

Long hours, low pay, bad manager

I was a contract worker and I enjoyed every minute working for PWC,I am a team player and worked well together with my collegesUnfortunately, my contract expired.

Pros

Well balance breakfast and lunch

Cons

It was a pleasure to work long hours

Hardwork but had moments of fun as well

You need to be very adaptable. Change happens all the time. There is diverse culture. The hardest part of the job was completing a project by putting it more hours which meant less sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was the treats we got once the project has completed. The celebrations where at a different level that you tend to forget about the long hours.

Pros

Free lunches and treats during meetings

Cons

long hours definitely but worth it when you get to leave early the next day

Pwc good place to work

I started my professional career at PWC, I learned to much from my fellow colleagues and managers. They made me proof to myself that o can do anything I sent my mind to.

Fun workplace

Trainee accountants work with senior accountants to develop their knowledge of the accounting industry and to gain practical experience at the start of their career. They are involved with tasks such as creating and sending out invoices, managing accounts, and tracking inventory. Most trainee accountants work full-time and may need to work overtime to meet deadlines at the end of the fiscal year or around tax periods, when monthly or yearly audits are carried out. This job is well-suited to people with strong numeracy skills, the ability to retain objectivity with regards to confidential information, and who are able to follow instructions effectively.

Productive and has a large learning environment although it can be very stressful.

Learning environment Work is different teams and managers Can sometimes work long hours when on deadlines Working with blue chip companies and learning the company dynamics

Pros

N/a

This was a South African position

This was in South Africa cannot comment on PwC in the USA. Fantastic learning curb, a lot of opportunity as long as you play within the corporate parameters of the company

Stressful, Long hours

The very Nature of Auditing is moving from tight deadline to tight deadline with hardly any breaks. The deadlines are either set by regulators or the clients so there is no change in sight. Work roles and responsibilities evolve rapidly and you are unlikely to be given the same responsibility and sections year on year at each client. The further into audit you got the more interesting it becomes. The work hours are the reason for any hardship. From junior management positions onward, after 60 hours of overtime in a year you no longer get even a cent more consideration for working more hours but can find yourself working past midnight for months at a time. Articles in PwC, being a big 4 firm, really does make a difference and give a great benefit.

Typical

Phone calls, meetings, unrealistic budgets. There is way too much admin to do during the day so you will usually have to put in extra hours to get things done. They do try to innovate technologically, minor setbacks but they have achieved more than most. I sensed a biased approach when it came to management but most try to be fair.

Collaborative Family Knit Environment

I believe I have been taught the right lessons at PwC. They have fully supported me in my career and, although I have been stretched most of the time, I have grown and learnt how to be a leader through the journey.

Pwc experience

I only got to work at PWC for a 2 weeks because it was a vacation job but I really enjoyed it. I would like to go back some other time. The work environment is warm and I can see myself working there.

PwC is one of the best companies to work for, especially in terms of career growth and development

Be yourself, excel in whatever you do, seek regular feedback and ask qieations if and when need be...dont be afraid. Theu have a very systematical way

Good Place to Work

I enjoyed working at Pwc. They make their employees feel at home, always providing extra comforts. It was a pleasure working there. The staff and management are very freindy.

Very stressful environment

Always deadline driven and fast paced, introduces you to alot of industries however too much pressure from management and partners, not conducive a good work life balance

General Environment

People are friendly initially but you soon realise that working as a team is not an option and everybody is in it for themselves even though you could be working on the same project. Senior Management also have their favourites which makes it difficult to progress. If management has a certain perception of who you are, it wont change even if you provide evidence to the contrary.

Work conducive environment

PwC has a strong ethical culture that it promotes on a consistent basis. Management have an open door managing style and are very understanding. The people are easy to work with.

Best place to work for

An environment that caters for all types of people and there needs. Flexible and understanding. Positive culture with a good work ethic. Lovely team and colleagues. The best part of the job was meeting new people, training, and advancing in my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,8 K