Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews

South Africa275 reviews
5,0
Trainee accountants work with senior accountants to develop their knowledge of the accounting industry and to gain practical experience at the start of their career. They are involved with tasks such as creating and sending out invoices, managing accounts, and tracking inventory. Most trainee accountants work full-time and may need to work overtime to meet deadlines at the end of the fiscal year or around tax periods, when monthly or yearly audits are carried out. This job is well-suited to people with strong numeracy skills, the ability to retain objectivity with regards to confidential information, and who are able to follow instructions effectively.
Learning environment
Work is different teams and managers

Can sometimes work long hours when on deadlines

Working with blue chip companies and learning the company dynamics
Pros
N/a
4,0
This was in South Africa cannot comment on PwC in the USA. Fantastic learning curb, a lot of opportunity as long as you play within the corporate parameters of the company
3,0
The very Nature of Auditing is moving from tight deadline to tight deadline with hardly any breaks. The deadlines are either set by regulators or the clients so there is no change in sight.

Work roles and responsibilities evolve rapidly and you are unlikely to be given the same responsibility and sections year on year at each client. The further into audit you got the more interesting it becomes.

The work hours are the reason for any hardship. From junior management positions onward, after 60 hours of overtime in a year you no longer get even a cent more consideration for working more hours but can find yourself working past midnight for months at a time.

Articles in PwC, being a big 4 firm, really does make a difference and give a great benefit.
2,0
Phone calls, meetings, unrealistic budgets.
There is way too much admin to do during the day so you will usually have to put in extra hours to get things done.

They do try to innovate technologically, minor setbacks but they have achieved more than most.

I sensed a biased approach when it came to management but most try to be fair.
5,0
I believe I have been taught the right lessons at PwC. They have fully supported me in my career and, although I have been stretched most of the time, I have grown and learnt how to be a leader through the journey.
5,0
I only got to work at PWC for a 2 weeks because it was a vacation job but I really enjoyed it. I would like to go back some other time. The work environment is warm and I can see myself working there.
4,0
Be yourself, excel in whatever you do, seek regular feedback and ask qieations if and when need be...dont be afraid.
Theu have a very systematical way
5,0
I enjoyed working at Pwc. They make their employees feel at home, always providing extra comforts. It was a pleasure working there. The staff and management are very freindy.
5,0
Always deadline driven and fast paced, introduces you to alot of industries however too much pressure from management and partners, not conducive a good work life balance
2,0
People are friendly initially but you soon realise that working as a team is not an option and everybody is in it for themselves even though you could be working on the same project. Senior Management also have their favourites which makes it difficult to progress. If management has a certain perception of who you are, it wont change even if you provide evidence to the contrary.
4,0
PwC has a strong ethical culture that it promotes on a consistent basis. Management have an open door managing style and are very understanding. The people are easy to work with.
5,0
An environment that caters for all types of people and there needs. Flexible and understanding. Positive culture with a good work ethic. Lovely team and colleagues. The best part of the job was meeting new people, training, and advancing in my career.
1,0
Working in a non audit role poor support is given.Managers nor sufficiently equipped to handle payroll and tasks outside of the normal CA handbook.Partners hardly involved unless emergency
3,0
PwC has a great working environment, that promotes integrity, accountability and encourages the embracing of differences in people. It is a great stepping stone for lone to start their career
4,0
Good opportunities for exposures as the firm audits quite big and reputable companies. It is character building, and forces you out of your comfort zone, the people are willing to help you . Time management is key as deadlines can come at you at once.
Pros
You work with people that are in the same age group as you are.
Cons
Overtime and tight deadline
4,0
I was only on contract however I enjoyed my work experience, only stressfull part was working on a contract that was renewed every 3-5 months . I would consider a permanent position in a heart beat
Pros
Cons
Contracting via an external agency
5,0
Typical day one will never have at PwC. None of your days will ever be the same.
The culture is different in every team, your work hours is your responsibility and you might have a 12 hour day and other days a 5 hour day .
Pros
Flexible workhours
Cons
No Bonus
4,0
PwC is a Company which is Globally Connected. With "Connected Thinking" Mission, as a former Consultant I was able to assess myself in such a diversified professional environment.

Hence, I was able to think out of the Box. Thus, enabled me to meet my target and also be able to engage with

powerful Clients.

I
3,0
Work Culture was created for improved working environment and continuous methods of improving the knowledge and work environment. Work culture was pleasant.
3,0
Like any other consulting firm, the exposure is great, the opportunities are endless and that's exactly what the firm provided me. The end to end rotation I obtain through the programme gave me enough choices to decide my destiny with the firm, with the firm - I knew I was set for success!