PwC

South Africa300 reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Found 300 reviews matching the searchSee all 8 344 reviews

Collaborative working environment

people are friendly and always willing to help.there is a lot of team work, diversity and inclusion. Great Employee benefits anf fun working environment

Fast career progression

I’ve worked at PwC for over 5 years and it has been an amazing experience. The company offers a vast amount of exposure into various industries & doesn’t hesitate to reward & recognise talent. Amazing work life balance too!

Takes the life out of you

There are a lot of learning materials available and a lot of support from peers, but less support from management and less job security .you work very long hours, sometimes even more than 14 hours.

Productive and supportive environment

Been with firm for over 5 years and culture and work/life balance have gotten better over the years, although you have to be mindful that it is a professional services firm an there is only so much they can do differently. Pay has improved a lot.

Great

This is a great company to work in with great opportunity to grow. It also offers great job security which I have come to appreciate in this country. It is just the workload that's a lot so you need to actively prioritise worklife balance

Stressful

Bad - High stress environment with a lot pressure and hectic deadlines.Good - They are invested in your development and you will aways learn and grow.

Stressful and highly anxious work environment

I hate working at PwC. Your work never stops and they expect you to be available 24/7. Administrative staff don't get paid even a 13th cheque and the partners only pretend to care about staff. They only care about making money. There is no work life balance and the stress is just overwhelming. You have to constantly look over your shoulder and expectations are unrealistic.

Pros

They have a lot of compulsory parties

Cons

Long hours, no bonus, no medical aid subsidy.

Competitive but fun workplace

Was part of the vacation program at PWC even though we didn't do actual work we were exposed to various scenario that one might come across in the real work situation and we got to know of the different career opportunities available in finance and at the company.

Fast paced Environment

It's a very professional environment, you need to work hard and quick as the company sell time, need to maintain the quality of work at the same time.

Toxic work environment

Very little respect for personal life. Managers have no boundaries and will call you all hours of the day, any day. High turnover of staff resulting in inexperienced managent. Managers are often unprofessional and show favouritsm. Lack of planning for staff. They are ready to accept new clients but often do no consider staffing requirements.

Overworked and underpaid

Overworked and underpaid. People in high positions have been there for many years and keep all of the knowledge to themselves. Good policy on working from home though.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Long hours, underpaid and overworked

Great learning opportunity

There was always ample learning opportunity. In my time, we are rather short-staffed, but attempted to share the load amongst the team.Workplace culture in terms of flexibility was a real blessing with the addition of Covid. The salary was quite fair.

One of the best places to get in-depth training to Kickstart your career

I enjoyed my time there. I still have moments where I wish I was still with the company. Learnt a lot from Management. The place had an open-door policy, you are treated as part of a family.

Fun and relaxed environment to work at

I like the fact that management takes staff's concerns really seriously. The company has a strong work-life balance. Very good if you are not after money but wants other benefits. They have the best medical aid and they love throwing parties.

Culture comment

Client work was quite good, fellow employees were great to work with. No professional behaviour from management when greviences are raised, wouldn't go there if you have proper conflict management skills and is talented.

Its a toxic work environment, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

This place is good for some people especially if you good at relationships. That is the key. However introverted people will struggle to get their voices heard and to see change. It is very pressurizing and people come and go in this place. It isnt for the long term more so for those who want experience.

Pros

Extensive back breaking training.

Cons

No boundaries between work and personal life. It is very painful.

Highly recommend the company, friendly colleagues and they give attention to assisting everyone.

Worked independently and when the relevant file was ready sat with my associate director and once completed submitted documentation to relevant entity, many calls, and emails, emails had to be replied to by close of business on the day of receipt. Friendly environment and met many different people in different departments.Hardest part is dealing with the family the most enjoyable part was that we learnt a lot in our department thanks to our leader.

Pros

Wellness clinic days was fun

Cons

Demanding and had to meet deadlines

Stressful place to work and salaries are not morket related or even close.

A typical day is doing work above your pay grade and workng long hours. I learned the inequality is there and even if you report an incident to HC, nothing will be done.Do not trust management, they are not in your corner.Workplace culture is what you make it to be but generally very stressful.The hardest part about my job is not being appriciated for the work done.The most enjoyable part of the job is that I still have one during this rife.

Pros

Good to have on CV.

Cons

Not being paid for the work you do.

Terrible, vindictive and unethical management

Worst place I have ever worked in my life. I would never recommend this, you have to study so hard to get in. Once you are in, you are forced to break the labor law day in and day out. And management holds you at your will because you need the competencies from them.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Long hours with less pay

Don’t bother if you have a life outside of work. They will promote their favorites and suppress the most talented individuals. Their overtime is a scam. The Manager reduces the hours worked when it’s time for timesheets. They will blame you for lack of clients and projects but do squat about the leadership that’s supposedly assigned to bring in the work. Oh, and bonuses are reserved for Managers and above.

Cons

A new and exciting journey.

My first day was very exciting yet at the same time stressful in the sense of having to interact with new faces and keeping the energy to succeed alive and ready for any task.overall,it was a major learning experience and work ethic.

Pros

Medical aid and department team buildings

Cons

Long traveling times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 8 344 reviews