PwC

South Africa294 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 294 reviews matching the searchSee all 8 122 reviews

Competitive but fun workplace

Was part of the vacation program at PWC even though we didn't do actual work we were exposed to various scenario that one might come across in the real work situation and we got to know of the different career opportunities available in finance and at the company.

Stressful and highly anxious work environment

I hate working at PwC. Your work never stops and they expect you to be available 24/7. Administrative staff don't get paid even a 13th cheque and the partners only pretend to care about staff. They only care about making money. There is no work life balance and the stress is just overwhelming. You have to constantly look over your shoulder and expectations are unrealistic.

Pros

They have a lot of compulsory parties

Cons

Long hours, no bonus, no medical aid subsidy.

Fast paced Environment

It's a very professional environment, you need to work hard and quick as the company sell time, need to maintain the quality of work at the same time.

Toxic work environment

Very little respect for personal life. Managers have no boundaries and will call you all hours of the day, any day. High turnover of staff resulting in inexperienced managent. Managers are often unprofessional and show favouritsm. Lack of planning for staff. They are ready to accept new clients but often do no consider staffing requirements.

Overworked and underpaid

Overworked and underpaid. People in high positions have been there for many years and keep all of the knowledge to themselves. Good policy on working from home though.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Long hours, underpaid and overworked

Great learning opportunity

There was always ample learning opportunity. In my time, we are rather short-staffed, but attempted to share the load amongst the team.Workplace culture in terms of flexibility was a real blessing with the addition of Covid. The salary was quite fair.

One of the best places to get in-depth training to Kickstart your career

I enjoyed my time there. I still have moments where I wish I was still with the company. Learnt a lot from Management. The place had an open-door policy, you are treated as part of a family.

Fun and relaxed environment to work at

I like the fact that management takes staff's concerns really seriously. The company has a strong work-life balance. Very good if you are not after money but wants other benefits. They have the best medical aid and they love throwing parties.

Culture comment

Client work was quite good, fellow employees were great to work with. No professional behaviour from management when greviences are raised, wouldn't go there if you have proper conflict management skills and is talented.

Its a toxic work environment, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

This place is good for some people especially if you good at relationships. That is the key. However introverted people will struggle to get their voices heard and to see change. It is very pressurizing and people come and go in this place. It isnt for the long term more so for those who want experience.

Pros

Extensive back breaking training.

Cons

No boundaries between work and personal life. It is very painful.

Highly recommend the company, friendly colleagues and they give attention to assisting everyone.

Worked independently and when the relevant file was ready sat with my associate director and once completed submitted documentation to relevant entity, many calls, and emails, emails had to be replied to by close of business on the day of receipt. Friendly environment and met many different people in different departments.Hardest part is dealing with the family the most enjoyable part was that we learnt a lot in our department thanks to our leader.

Pros

Wellness clinic days was fun

Cons

Demanding and had to meet deadlines

Stressful place to work and salaries are not morket related or even close.

A typical day is doing work above your pay grade and workng long hours. I learned the inequality is there and even if you report an incident to HC, nothing will be done.Do not trust management, they are not in your corner.Workplace culture is what you make it to be but generally very stressful.The hardest part about my job is not being appriciated for the work done.The most enjoyable part of the job is that I still have one during this rife.

Pros

Good to have on CV.

Cons

Not being paid for the work you do.

Terrible, vindictive and unethical management

Worst place I have ever worked in my life. I would never recommend this, you have to study so hard to get in. Once you are in, you are forced to break the labor law day in and day out. And management holds you at your will because you need the competencies from them.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Long hours with less pay

Don’t bother if you have a life outside of work. They will promote their favorites and suppress the most talented individuals. Their overtime is a scam. The Manager reduces the hours worked when it’s time for timesheets. They will blame you for lack of clients and projects but do squat about the leadership that’s supposedly assigned to bring in the work. Oh, and bonuses are reserved for Managers and above.

Cons

A new and exciting journey.

My first day was very exciting yet at the same time stressful in the sense of having to interact with new faces and keeping the energy to succeed alive and ready for any task.overall,it was a major learning experience and work ethic.

Pros

Medical aid and department team buildings

Cons

Long traveling times

Worked in Small and Medium size business department.

Overall, I would say I worked in the department that best suited my skill set and needs. They worked out pretty quickly I wasn't cut out for big audits as I have more of an entrepernual flair.I worked on a lot of personal and business tax issues, Family Trust Set ups etc working closely with both legal and tax departments. I also did a lot of audits from Farming Companies to Tech Companies. So I was given a very broad business education at PwC. My manager was terrible, while the partner was excellent and taught me a lot, especially when I became a seniour in my final year of articles.

Pros

None as an Articled Clerk

Cons

Long hours, low pay, bad manager

I was a contract worker and I enjoyed every minute working for PWC,I am a team player and worked well together with my collegesUnfortunately, my contract expired.

Pros

Well balance breakfast and lunch

Cons

It was a pleasure to work long hours

Hardwork but had moments of fun as well

You need to be very adaptable. Change happens all the time. There is diverse culture. The hardest part of the job was completing a project by putting it more hours which meant less sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was the treats we got once the project has completed. The celebrations where at a different level that you tend to forget about the long hours.

Pros

Free lunches and treats during meetings

Cons

long hours definitely but worth it when you get to leave early the next day

Pwc good place to work

I started my professional career at PWC, I learned to much from my fellow colleagues and managers. They made me proof to myself that o can do anything I sent my mind to.

Fun workplace

Trainee accountants work with senior accountants to develop their knowledge of the accounting industry and to gain practical experience at the start of their career. They are involved with tasks such as creating and sending out invoices, managing accounts, and tracking inventory. Most trainee accountants work full-time and may need to work overtime to meet deadlines at the end of the fiscal year or around tax periods, when monthly or yearly audits are carried out. This job is well-suited to people with strong numeracy skills, the ability to retain objectivity with regards to confidential information, and who are able to follow instructions effectively.

Productive and has a large learning environment although it can be very stressful.

Learning environment Work is different teams and managers Can sometimes work long hours when on deadlines Working with blue chip companies and learning the company dynamics

Pros

N/a

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 8 122 reviews